Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasper Schmeichel officially joins Nice

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

Great squad, proud club, amazing fans. Not one mention of Brendan again lol

I'm fairly confident he's left the club this summer because of Brendan. I challenge anyone to convince me otherwise.

Could very well be, tbf. 

Could also be that he was desperate for a new challenge this summer. Or really wanted to move abroad. 

Could also be that we were pushing for him to reduce his wages in his final year due to our financial situation. Wouldn’t surprise me if Vardy took a cut on his new deal. 

Basically, could be multiple things. Whichever it is, though, it’s strange that he left with 1 year left on his deal when he wasn’t a valuable asset in terms of a transfer fee. 

The strange element to this Brendan thing for me still suggests senior players believe in him, would find it difficult to believe that if Kasper, Vardy and Tielemans all said he needs to go that it would be Kasper to leave rather than Brendan.

For that reason I’d be shocked if Kasper left because of Brendan.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pedro02 said:

Could very well be, tbf. 

Could also be that he was desperate for a new challenge this summer. Or really wanted to move abroad. 

Could also be that we were pushing for him to reduce his wages in his final year due to our financial situation. Wouldn’t surprise me if Vardy took a cut on his new deal. 

Basically, could be multiple things. Whichever it is, though, it’s strange that he left with 1 year left on his deal when he wasn’t a valuable asset in terms of a transfer fee. 

I think Nice was just the next best option that presented it self, based on his emotional reaction yesterday when asked about Leicester it’s clear his heart hasn’t left Leicester City - it seemed like he felt guilty about leaving things unfinished.

Edited by Mike1983

5 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

Weird, Ben Foster said on his most recent podcast that Nice tried to sign him after they'd signed Kasper

They have Dave Brailsford (yes, the former British Cycling coach) as their de facto sporting director, and it seems his only knowledge of football is via the PL... hence also signing Aaron Ramsey, Ross Barkley and Joe Bryan

4 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Shines on the biggest stages. Even when we were coming out of the Championship and he was playing against England at Wembley he was playing out of his skin.

The Sevilla games in the Champions League, FA Cup final - those were where we saw the best of Kasper. It's good to see he's still got it, regardless of Leicester's situation and his departure.

Can't say I don't miss him, I honestly think we should have kept him for one more season while finding a suitable replacement, instead of the shambolic mess we have gotten ourselves into now.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
9 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I think people are reading way too much into him leaving. 

It really does boil down to him being offered an insanely good wage at a club that's had a takeover with a bit of ambition. 

Add to that he had done it all here and had nothing around him to suggest he could win anything else this season. If we had Europe or we'd made some progress in signings then maybe he would have stuck it out. But all them reasons are why he's gone. 

I’ve never argued with him leaving, it’s HOW he left that irks me. 
A true club legend just leaves without any goodbye. I’m not talking about a testimonial btw.

Just a coming out at half time to wave us goodbye.