Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasper Schmeichel officially joins Nice

37 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve never argued with him leaving, it’s HOW he left that irks me. 
A true club legend just leaves without any goodbye. I’m not talking about a testimonial btw.

Just a coming out at half time to wave us goodbye.

I get that. It doesn't sit quite right with me either. That said, I think it's just how things transpired. Things probably fell into place quite late and quickly. Tbh, I think the club did the decent thing, the honorable thing, by Kasper and let him go earlier than they had to. I think it shows respect even if the fans didn't get to show theirs in the manner they'd like.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, taupe said:

I get that. It doesn't sit quite right with me either. That said, I think it's just how things transpired. Things probably fell into place quite late and quickly. Tbh, I think the club did the decent thing, the honorable thing, by Kasper and let him go earlier than they had to. I think it shows respect even if the fans didn't get to show theirs in the manner they'd like.

Exactly this. I don’t think there was any ill intention. An opportunity came up for him and he took it. A matter of circumstance, nothing more. 

10 hours ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

Just watched the highlights, that was probably one of the best performances of his career. Quite fitting seeing the criticism he has been facing lately. Best part is Mbappe shaking his head in disbelief at that 2nd free run.

Yeah it probably was one of his best performances. Few goalkeepers would have saved some of the near 100% goal chances France had against them.

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve never argued with him leaving, it’s HOW he left that irks me. 
A true club legend just leaves without any goodbye. I’m not talking about a testimonial btw.

Just a coming out at half time to wave us goodbye.

I'm sure we will get the chance at some point. He's clearly on very good terms with Top. In fact I think this was done because Top always promised him he'd get a deal done if he ever wanted to go. He's gone to him and said this is too good to turn down and because of all he's done he hasn't stood in his way. 

It would have been great to give him a send off in a final home game but it doesn't always work out like that. 

3 situations where he should be commanding his area and outside that have allowed France to have good chances. Missed header, Danish defender somehow doesn't spoon one into his own net and then he saves the third one from Mbappe . He should be on the edge of his box there and sweeping that up before Mbappe gets a chance.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, filbertway said:

3 situations where he should be commanding his area and outside that have allowed France to have good chances. Missed header, Danish defender somehow doesn't spoon one into his own net and then he saves the third one from Mbappe . He should be on the edge of his box there and sweeping that up before Mbappe gets a chance.

He was really good. End of. 

41 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Good recovery and positioning for the Mbappe chance(s) though.

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Good recovery and positioning for the Mbappe chance(s) though.

Oh yeah, the same was insane to be fair, as expected, no doubting his shot stopping is up there with the best in the world even at 35. It's clearly the one thing he has worked on consistently throughout his career. Reflexes, reactions, agility and shot stopping are insane. 

He just wouldn't need to use it half the time if he would be a bit braver and confident in dealing with the problem earlier :D 

Not that it matters at 35, he's hardly likely the change at this point. I just feel the need to point out that he could have nipped a lot of these chances in the bud much earlier haha.

16 minutes ago, eblair said:

This perverse mindset ended up with people saying Danny ward should start in goal.

Kasper plays the way he does and he makes up for it by making saves from corners. He was not our issue. We won a league title with him in goal barely conceding a corner, if you can’t see that you’re a plank

whilst I am not saying this is completely wrong, Huth and Morgan (and Simpson and Fuchs) could defend the ball in the air rather better than the current lot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eblair said:

This perverse mindset ended up with people saying Danny ward should start in goal.

Kasper plays the way he does and he makes up for it by making saves from corners. He was not our issue. We won a league title with him in goal barely conceding a corner, if you can’t see that you’re a plank

The grass definitely wasn’t greener in our case, in fact it was a pile of dogshit instead. 

16 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Let's face it, 100% of Leicester fans would take Kasper back in goal in a heartbeat, given our current situation. I think the last few weeks have demonstrated brutally the difference between an international class keeper and Danny Ward.

We have the worst keeper in the league, visually and statistically speaking. I think most fans, including myself, could have lived with a keeper a level or two below Kasper, but I didn’t expect us to hit rock bottom.

Edited by FoxTimmy2
  • Like 2

On 22/09/2022 at 12:09, Captain... said:

He didn't sneak out the back door, same with any summer transfer that happens while we're not playing, we're not going to organise a good bye party for him. 

He'll be back to salute the crowd soon I'm sure.

....you would have thought he would have announced he was leaving before the end of the season!!!

This was certainly not planned for him to go in the summer, it makes little sense for it to have unfolded this way. I have a feeling he brought his concerns to Top who did not see it the way Kasper would have liked. The 150 games on the spin disruption proved to be the last straw and Top failed to back him.

17 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....you would have thought he would have announced he was leaving before the end of the season!!!

This was certainly not planned for him to go in the summer, it makes little sense for it to have unfolded this way. I have a feeling he brought his concerns to Top who did not see it the way Kasper would have liked. The 150 games on the spin disruption proved to be the last straw and Top failed to back him.

Kasper did speak about a new challenge and playing somewhere different at the end of last season.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

He didn’t fall out with Top. 

He was in contact with Nice for a couple of months before he left. 

21 hours ago, eblair said:

He also commanded his area the season we won the league and was in the top 4 for high claims 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Let's face it, 100% of Leicester fans would take Kasper back in goal in a heartbeat, given our current situation. I think the last few weeks have demonstrated brutally the difference between an international class keeper and Danny Ward.

Some of the Welsh posters on here keep telling us Danny Ward is an international class keeper though! lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, blue army 1988 said:

Kasper did speak about a new challenge and playing somewhere different at the end of last season.

...if I recall, it was a general answer to a question, in effect saying that he would like to play elsewhere before he retired!!!

It was not stating that he was about to walk out the door the next day.

1 hour ago, Craig said:

He didn’t fall out with Top. 

He was in contact with Nice for a couple of months before he left. 

....there would have been feelers out there regarding options, prior to him leaving!!!

My suggestion is that any misgivings that he (Kasper) had regarding the direction of the club at the time, had been relayed to Top, who was not prepared to go along with anything, that would result in the removal of Rodgers. As he (Kasper) would have been unhappy at the club, the Nice offer would have been a welcomed green pasture.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

He also commanded his area the season we won the league and was in the top 4 for high claims 

I'd love to see a compilation of them. I'd wager that the vast majority were long crosses that went straight to him.

It's like when Maddison had double the number of chances created than any other player because our free kicks included floating a ball for Maguire to head lol