Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasper Schmeichel officially joins Nice

2 hours ago, Will1981 said:

Not on a 140k a week it would not.

He's reportedly on under half that at Nice.

We could easily afford him if we shifted some of the leeches off the books. 

Come home, daddy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Offering £20M for Lafont, who ranks 9th among Ligue 1 keepers, while letting Kasper, the 3rd best keeper, go for nothing, is quite a joke.

Anyone who takes the time to review Kasper's statistics and highlights from this season would be hard-pressed to argue that he's past it, without a doubt miles ahead of our current goalkeepers. Bring him back.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I'm just wondering were all the people who were slating his distribution are?! He was slated by a significant amount of 0eople on here before he went, were are those folk? 

There’s no revisionism. His distribution was largely shameful for his entire stint. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we all seem to be gravitating to Stade Reims, we just need to bring their manager in to get the ball rolling!!!

They are the Brighton/Brentford of ligue1 a lot of young talent and Football Manager geek as their coach.

14 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

There’s no revisionism. His distribution was largely shameful for his entire stint. 

Kasper wasn’t great in fairness, however he was leap years ahead of Ward / Iversen when distributing the ball. 

Ward can’t keep the ball

out of the net.

Iversen can, however he gives it straight back to them. Maybe that’s why he’s a better shot stopper, as he’s had loads of practice with the ball being peppered at his goal. 

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

I wouldn't mind him coming home and falling out with this club. Might do us some good.

....I  would think Khun Top would lean on him a bit as an alternative to Rudkin!!
Shaking the club up may be a good thing, I feel that Rodgers was the reason for his leaving, and Rodgers's performance this year vindicated his actions.
He has good intentions for this club, it could be the next chapter in our development. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Here! It was dogshit.

Just because we are shit doesn't mean he distribution is better 

His distribution was poor but he was a very good GK. I would much rather have a GK that's at least good at something...

1 hour ago, kingkisnorbo said:

As I said above, I would rather a very good GK with sh!t distribution than no good GK. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scotch said:

I'm just wondering were all the people who were slating his distribution are?! He was slated by a significant amount of 0eople on here before he went, were are those folk? 

Still here, thought no one was worse at this until I watched iverson 

Read that Kasper is annoying his teams because he undertakes his own training plan as it’s what he is used to. 

So after 11 years of working with Stowell, Kasper has developed a skill which now answers the question: what exactly does Stowell do ? The answer: **** all!

Here you go Kasper go over there and kick it and things. 

15 minutes ago, bongo92 said:

Still here, thought no one was worse at this until I watched iverson 

...this goal-kicking thing is more or less what they do in Rugby Union, where you kick for the ball out for position further up the field!!!

Goal Keepers kick towards the touchline to where their fullbacks have taken up a position tight to the touchline. It requires accuracy and is a risk-and-reward ploy. The defender either heads the ball out of play and we have progressed up the pitch, or we get something on the ball and the throw-in goes to the opposition, and we have still advanced up the pitch. So long as we mark up, we can win the ball high up the pitch. It is a ploy that I feel needs to stop, if you have to go long, put it in the channels.