Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasper Schmeichel officially joins Nice

Some people say we should move on, but I very much think it would be tremendous if we can have Kasper back for the rebuild.

If the famous title winner comes back, it will not only bring back some aura of success back, but it will help with recruitment and hopefully us bouncing right back up. Otherwise, with the number of players we need to replace, we may end up getting average talent. We don’t have much to attract good players anymore, and clinging on to past success and the promise that they could be the next Vardy or Kasper may give some the motivation to join (and to be frank, I rather players who have something to prove and that hunger (to reach the top even when you are down) than players who are just of average mindset).

Edited by Tom12345

21 hours ago, Old Fox said:

Comments around iversen being okay in the championship are way off the mark……if we want to comeback first time we need to build the spine for the prem and a keeper is a priority …..Kasper was one of the first anchors we built our base from and we need to do that again

Letting him go was the biggest mistake since the owners bought the club on so many fronts - dressing room, his ability and the fact we have two massively incapable replacements but despite a huge place in our hearts we should not go back now but move forward and find his replacement imo ….

I agree we should have him back, but it was him who wanted to leave. Maybe he got sick of the boring Rodgerball in front of him (compared to the fast counter attacking football we used to play).

Guest Col city fan
On 04/08/2022 at 13:23, Col city fan said:

This is probably my pessimistic mind, but when I look up at that picture above my first thought is how happy Schmeichel looks, but my second thought is that he probably ‘got out at the right time’.

I’m not sure why I think this. It’s not backed up with concrete info. It’s just a feeling that wily ol Kasper knows what might be coming for Leicester.

😳

23 hours ago, Old Fox said:

Comments around iversen being okay in the championship are way off the mark……if we want to comeback first time we need to build the spine for the prem and a keeper is a priority …..Kasper was one of the first anchors we built our base from and we need to do that again

Letting him go was the biggest mistake since the owners bought the club on so many fronts - dressing room, his ability and the fact we have two massively incapable replacements but despite a huge place in our hearts we should not go back now but move forward and find his replacement imo ….

If we go down, there are about 10 positions in the starting 11 that are more of an issue than Iverson in goal!

He would be one of if not the stand out GK in that league. Whether you’d want him if we came straight back up back in the Premier League is another question but you have to get back first!

22 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

If we go down, there are about 10 positions in the starting 11 that are more of an issue than Iverson in goal!

He would be one of if not the stand out GK in that league. Whether you’d want him if we came straight back up back in the Premier League is another question but you have to get back first!

Disagree completely start with the spine to build a team capable to comeback and stay up……new keeper is a priority it’s the difference between playoffs or promotion…..same as staying up or going down this season !

we need a keeper who can organise and be dominant that has contributed significantly to poor defending all season and will remain so with DI or DW!!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Disagree completely start with the spine to build a team capable to comeback and stay up……new keeper is a priority it’s the difference between playoffs or promotion…..same as staying up or going down this season !

we need a keeper who can organise and be dominant that has contributed significantly to poor defending all season and will remain so with DI or DW!!

lol go on then, who would you sign for us to be in goal next season if in the Championship?

9 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

lol go on then, who would you sign for us to be in goal next season if in the Championship?

That’s up there with “who would we get to replace Rodgers?”

Luckily (or sadly based on recent signings) that’s up to our scouting department.

Iversen will not develop into a loud, dominant keeper who talks to his defence with above good distribution so it’s a fair comment to suggest replacing HOWEVER, I agree that there are clearly bigger issues with our starting 11 but accepting average is what got us into this mess.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

That’s up there with “who would we get to replace Rodgers?”

Luckily (or sadly based on recent signings) that’s up to our scouting department.

Iversen will not develop into a loud, dominant keeper who talks to his defence with above good distribution so it’s a fair comment to suggest replacing HOWEVER, I agree that there are clearly bigger issues with our starting 11 but accepting average is what got us into this mess.

How do you know that about Iverson though? I’m see a guy pretty identical to Schmeichel when he joined.

I am not saying who would we sign out of laziness. I am saying it because I think Iverson would be the best or one of in the Championship. We aren’t going to sign a world 11 down there so we need a squad who will be able to get us back up and Iverson would.

Poor comparison to the Rodgers situation where he had just turned shit.

• Like 1

On 24/05/2023 at 06:11, Claudio Fannieri said:

Kaspar is still a very good goalkeeper and what we lost when he left was irreplaceable, in his leadership, professionalism and the affinity he had with the club. 

I did post in the Iversen thread that I feel we don’t need a keeper if we go down but if Schmichael is prepared to return then it’s a no brainier for me, get rid of Ward and Smithies and have Kaspar and Iversen battle for the no 1 spot in a season where it’s highly likely we will play 50+ games in the championship or even if we stay up it would be 40+ 

Make him club captain and offer a road map to a future role with the club in whatever capacity he is wanting to pursue whether that is in the business or coaching side of the game. 

what has been clearly apparent this season since he left, is not only is he a very good goalkeeper but I would also suggest he was the heartbeat of the club. 

I know the standard in the Championship is lower than the Prem but we probably still need some sort of keeper. Unless it’s Danny Ward in which case we’d be better off fielding 11 outfield players. 

• Haha 3

On 23/05/2023 at 20:24, FoxTimmy2 said:

Offering £20M for Lafont, who ranks 9th among Ligue 1 keepers, while letting Kasper, the 3rd best keeper, go for nothing, is quite a joke.

Anyone who takes the time to review Kasper's statistics and highlights from this season would be hard-pressed to argue that he's past it, without a doubt miles ahead of our current goalkeepers. Bring him back.

lol

What?!

One is 24 and not even close to hitting his prime. The other one is basically ready to hang up his gloves and become a full time dad.

39 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

How do you know that about Iverson though? I’m see a guy pretty identical to Schmeichel when he joined.

I am not saying who would we sign out of laziness. I am saying it because I think Iverson would be the best or one of in the Championship. We aren’t going to sign a world 11 down there so we need a squad who will be able to get us back up and Iverson would.

Poor comparison to the Rodgers situation where he had just turned shit.

Because from youth football you either are a good communicator or not, he isn’t going to have a personality transplant and become a vocal leader on the pitch.

Kasper was barking orders long before he joined us and whilst I don’t have an issue with Iversen, this whole notion that he’s a younger Kasper is lazy IMO.

As for the Rodgers comparison, that was merely responding to your “who should we get then?” whilst that was aimed at another poster, I just find those comments unimaginative and was used as a defence to keep Rodgers for 18+ months.

22 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Because from youth football you either are a good communicator or not, he isn’t going to have a personality transplant and become a vocal leader on the pitch.

Kasper was barking orders long before he joined us and whilst I don’t have an issue with Iversen, this whole notion that he’s a younger Kasper is lazy IMO.

As for the Rodgers comparison, that was merely responding to your “who should we get then?” whilst that was aimed at another poster, I just find those comments unimaginative and was used as a defence to keep Rodgers for 18+ months.

To be clear, I’m not comparing Iverson to Kasper because he’s Danish, that would be lazy….

Physical attribute wise, excellent shot stopper and his reactions seems generally really good, but not so good with his feet. I actually think he looks like he will command his box better than Kasper ever did. Going out on a limb, he may be a better keeper (physical attribute wise) than Kasper when he gets to his peak.

I get what you’re saying about barking orders but not every keeper is like that. I think that it’s unfair to say Iverson will not be good enough for that reason. He has had excellent loans (another thing Kasper did) and has been thrown into the fire with us in this last 10 games and not really put a foot wrong albeit not been flawless (who has?).

My whole point was about next season, if we are in the championship. We will have such a turnover, we need to utilise the players we have who will both stay and be of the standard needed for that level. This is why I would not be replacing the likes of Iverson and KDH. Build around them, bring the right types of additions in to ensure that we have plenty of strength in the side where they guys do lack (namely leadership as you point out).

You don’t need 11 captions in the side. You need some, and the rest to play to the standard needed. 

13 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

To be clear, I’m not comparing Iverson to Kasper because he’s Danish, that would be lazy….

Physical attribute wise, excellent shot stopper and his reactions seems generally really good, but not so good with his feet. I actually think he looks like he will command his box better than Kasper ever did. Going out on a limb, he may be a better keeper (physical attribute wise) than Kasper when he gets to his peak.

I get what you’re saying about barking orders but not every keeper is like that. I think that it’s unfair to say Iverson will not be good enough for that reason. He has had excellent loans (another thing Kasper did) and has been thrown into the fire with us in this last 10 games and not really put a foot wrong albeit not been flawless (who has?).

My whole point was about next season, if we are in the championship. We will have such a turnover, we need to utilise the players we have who will both stay and be of the standard needed for that level. This is why I would not be replacing the likes of Iverson and KDH. Build around them, bring the right types of additions in to ensure that we have plenty of strength in the side where they guys do lack (namely leadership as you point out).

You don’t need 11 captions in the side. You need some, and the rest to play to the standard needed. 

A great reply to be fair mate.

All I would ask is, have you played much football yourself bud?

I have played (albeit to a very low level) and the difference between a keeper (who can see the entire pitch/game in front of him) who talks to his defenders is a really important part of a successful team IMO.

Whilst Kasper was on the decline, I genuinely think we’d be mid table if he was still here.

Edited by SafewayFox
  • Like 3