Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasper Schmeichel officially joins Nice

3 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

A great reply to be fair mate.

All I would ask is, have you played much football yourself bud?

I have played (albeit to a very low level) and the difference between a keeper (who can see the entire pitch/game on front of him) who talks to his defenders is a really important part of a successful team IMO.

Whilst Kasper was on the decline, I genuinely think we’d be mid table if he was still here.

Only really properly until at University to be fair. 

I do think it is a valid argument of course. I suppose my point is, I would give him the opportunity to see how he develops next season assuming we do go down.

Is it for example that he can’t see what you have highlighted or the team has been such a shambles that he has just not gained that confident yet? With some competent coaching and more solid lines ahead of him, we may see that develop or not.

By all means if we stay up, it’s a different conversation whether or not he is no1 material. My point is based entirely around the assumption we do go down and my thoughts on him at that level.

Same as Luke Thomas in a way. People has constantly said, needs a championship loan. Hopefully the whole club would be on loan for just the year so it’s a great opportunity for these younger lads, plus the even younger ones like Alves and Braybrooke to really find themselves and show whether they have the mental ability as much as anything else.

Iverson, KDH and Thomas have all shown that ability in patches at the highest level (did Salah ever get out of Luke’s pocket last season?). It’s whether we can get the coaching team in place to take them to that level consistently.

• Like 1

Just because we had a bit of success is no reason to hang on to past stars. They are old and gone now just sucking money. Kasparov wanted to go to have a last chance at European football. His decision. We have too much cobweb aging stars time to say no more. Dump Morgan, Huth, Evans, Vardy, Albrighton with thanks but we need bight, hard working young players for a future. Need someone at the top of the club with ruthless desire and decision making not the rest home for has been a we have become.

1 hour ago, Globalfox said:

Just because we had a bit of success is no reason to hang on to past stars. They are old and gone now just sucking money. Kasparov wanted to go to have a last chance at European football. His decision. We have too much cobweb aging stars time to say no more. Dump Morgan, Huth, Evans, Vardy, Albrighton with thanks but we need bight, hard working young players for a future. Need someone at the top of the club with ruthless desire and decision making not the rest home for has been a we have become.

Not heard of him. Is he a Czech mate ? 

• Haha 1