Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasper Schmeichel officially joins Nice

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

How do you know?

I've heard snippets from a couple of people, including one who spoke of the Nice deal weeks before it was released in the media. 

Maybe introducing frictionless kiosks wasn't the only way to reduce friction on a match day...

Mad thing to be saying in 2022, but that brings to an end the Sven era of Leicester City. :sge:

Thanks for everything Kasper, and good luck at Nice, I'm sure you'll smash it. Perhaps we'll even cross paths in Europe before you hang up the gloves if we can get our act together this season. :fc:

• Like 1

A True legend. 
So sorry to see him leave. I hope we get a chance to say proper send off🏆

A true champion in every sense of the word. We may have had better keepers, but none has had the same influence on and off the pitch as he had. Its going to be weird without his name on the team sheet, but I am sure who ever takes over, he, will get our full support. 
Finally, I as a life long LCFC wish him all the best and hope he will return to the club in some capacity.

We will you miss you, King Kasper. Thank you for all the memories 🏆

Edited by Lad1966

11 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I saw all 3 and anyone who genuinely argues Wallington or Flowers were better keepers than Schmeichel has serious, serious nostalgia goggles on. Wallington was a superb Second Division keeper who was ok in the top flight but not amazing, as great a servant as he was for the club and as much as I loved him as a character. Flowers had about 12 genuinely great months for us in the second half of O'Neill's final season and the first half of Taylor's first season and that was about it. Peak Schmeichel is clearly a level above both.

Not arguing against Kasper but the whole club is at a higher level than certainly the Wallington years. We talk about our current finances but we were always up against it. 

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

I've heard snippets from a couple of people, including one who spoke of the Nice deal weeks before it was released in the media. 

Maybe introducing frictionless kiosks wasn't the only way to reduce friction on a match day...

Wouldn’t be a huge surprise, given the player power of years before.

Maybe Kasper had a better relationship with Vichal than Top.

On 15/07/2022 at 09:24, Sampson said:

Who has suggested he doesn’t want to be there and that it wasn’t our fitness staff or sports science team who thought it was best for him to have an extra week off to keep him out of the red zone, given his age and the amount of matches he’s played?

I think we've had the answer to this now.  There was no logic at all to giving one player more time off than others... especially a captain. Yet some people still think the club werent aware he was looking to move :dunno:

27 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Yep. I remember the club as well officially saying they were planning a testimonial for Andy King once covid passed and we were back at stadiums again, but it never happened.

Petition for the 15/16 team XI Vs Current team testimonial match to say goodbue

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I saw all 3 and anyone who genuinely argues Wallington or Flowers were better keepers than Schmeichel has serious, serious nostalgia goggles on. Wallington was a superb Second Division keeper who was ok in the top flight but not amazing, as great a servant as he was for the club and as much as I loved him as a character. Flowers had about 12 genuinely great months for us in the second half of O'Neill's final season and the first half of Taylor's first season and that was about it. Peak Schmeichel is clearly a level above both.

Well we will have to agree to disagree about Wallington. Wallington took over from Shilton back end of 74 in the top division as you will know, and played lots of his career with us in the top division, and I thought he was quality myself.

He was also a great shot stopper like Kasper, but he also commanded his area far better. Wasn't afraid to leave his line and come for the ball from corners and crosses, and often caught the ball or punched it away. That is where he is better than Kasper in my opinion anyway. To be fair, when I mentioned Flowers I was talking about him during his whole career, not especially his time with us.

8 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Wouldn’t be a huge surprise, given the player power of years before.

Maybe Kasper had a better relationship with Vichal than Top.

I haven't heard anything about Top, more our DOF and manager.

• Like 1

No complaints about him leaving. He's been here for the best years of his career, won everything possible and more with the club. Time for a new challenge. All the best to him. 

He didn't have his best season last year, maybe he's on the decline, which means we won't feel the lose quite so much.

Everything comes to an end eventually.

Just now, smudger63 said:

Well we will have to agree to disagree about Wallington. Wallington took over from Shilton back end of 74 in the top division as you will know, and played lots of his career with us in the top division, and I thought he was quality myself.

He was also a great shot stopper like Kasper, but he also commanded his area far better. Wasn't afraid to leave his line and come for the ball from corners and crosses, and often caught the ball or punched it away. That is where he is better than Kasper in my opinion anyway. To be fair, when I mentioned Flowers I was talking about him during his whole career, not especially his time with us.

Not taking anything away from Kasper but you’re correct Wallington was definitely a better all round goalkeeper

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Thank you for everything Kasper you absolute legend!

I'm in no man's land with this. End of an era, not prepared for it. Words don't do it justice the admiration and gratitude I have for the man in his 11 years here.

Epitomises everything we've achieved, his bond with us and the owners and firmly placed as an icon in sporting history.

I will never forget him, he's forever tattoo'd on to my retinas when I think of Leicester City.

LEGEND 😢

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1