Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasper Schmeichel officially joins Nice

Feel quite emotionless about it, much how I feel about the club at the moment.

Goes with best wishes and all the best, fair play to him getting out.

Atleast the accusations of 'player power' amongst the PL winning squad are getting less and less to blame.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Be interesting to know the rest of the teams thoughts on this and the timing of it. Must be a bit deflating him going days before the season starts 

I think they will have known this was going to happen way before we or the press did so they will have had time to process it already so hopefully lessens the impact 

I’m gutted. However I know it’s time and for the best. 

He’s our greatest ever keeper in my eyes. Better than the two England keepers we had, had he achieved the fairytales.

I can only wish him the best for the future and hope that one day he gets the the send off he deserves. 

#ThankYouKasper

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

I hope when Vardy goes we know when his last game for us is. Feels wrong the way this has happened 

Pretty sure the club knew full well when his last game was.

Never really got to say a real goodbye to Ranieri either if I remember rightly?

Poor from the club, again.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is a very sad endictment of some of our fan base, if you cannot feel any emotion about one of the most influential players of our entire history and certainly in your lifetime leaving then what on earth is the point? 

I think its more to do with where I am with the club in this current moment.

He's a legend and end of an era all of which feels very much like a different club.

For the record i've said this is potentially as detrimental as losing Fofana a week before the season started last season (Certainly with all the other strange ongoing at the club in this current moment), others have told me they're not that bothered as he's the reason we were so poor defensively last season and the last couple of seasons, I find that far more of a sad indictment of our fanbase and I sure as hell disagree with it, perhaps its more to do with how we play.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think its more to do with where I am with the club in this current moment.

He's a legend and end of an era all of which feels very much like a different club.

I understand that, that isn't a criticism per se but more what on earth is this doing to us as a fan base if we quickly feel nothing about the magnitude of what we have achieved in recent years and the emotional ties to the incredible icons that have been with us for the entirety of it is rendered obsolete as soon as things aren't going to plan!

• Like 3

Gutted about this one. Can’t remember the last time I felt like that about a departure. Maybe Mahrez but even then it was more about the talent we were losing.

With Kasper, I think we lose more than just the ability. Despite some of his limitations, we’ll miss him on the pitch over the next couple of years. And off it we’ll miss him even more.

He’s the kind of guy you want playing for your club. The kind who gets what it means and applies himself with distinction. You don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone and I think we’ll realise that in due course.

• Like 3

I don’t think it was cool for him to be shafted this way, he at least deserved this season as his final sing song for us very sickening and saddening that he has gone.

Brendan has no excuses now, if we don’t do well he will get the bullet.

So weird to see, but he’s earned the right to do whatever he wants.

He’ll be back here one day as more than a fan, I bet.

Not only a legendary keeper, but fvck me what a beautiful specimen of a man.

So long, you hunk. X

Best keeper in my lifetime and doubt we'll ever have a more influential one! Banks and Shilton were before my time and whilst they may have been better keepers, no keeper has ever or will ever be as successful as Kasper. Good luck Kasper and thank you for your loyal service and for everything our club has achieved with you as a big leader!