Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasper Schmeichel officially joins Nice

6 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

I don’t think I he was shafted. I think he wanted to go and we saw an opportunity to save his wages for a year. It was win win. 

You would hope some of our deadwood would have left before our first choice number one goalkeeper mate it’s sickening. Unless we replace Kasper with an equally as good goalkeeper we are worse off imo.

• Like 1

Been a great 'keeper and a real pain to play against at times over the years. I know plenty of mates and myself have always respected him deeply for his response to the awful crash, though his days in Manchester are a very distant memory by now. Hope he does well for the remaining years of his career.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

You would hope some of our deadwood would have left before our first choice number one goalkeeper mate it’s sickening. Unless we replace Kasper with an equally as good goalkeeper we are worse off imo.

Maybe the club think Iversen can become just as good and now is the time to invest in his development.

8 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

The thing that makes me most sad about this is that we didn’t get to say goodbye. No final game lap of honour or anything like that! 😢

Agree bit odd, surely if they knew he was going they would have made the most of it against Seville.

Probably fell out with BR lol 

Kasper Schmeichel Branded The Most "Obnoxious" Player In The ...

His Twitter post is a rollercoaster of emotions, what a journey of achievements.

Easily the best Leicester City goalkeeper in my lifetime, 11 years of many fond memories, will always remember his goal against Yeovil, that night he got me hugging strangers. 

Legend 💙

Another crack at European football and the chance to live and retire in one of the most picturesque locations in Europe. Can't begrudge the man that.

A legend of Leicester City. A huge part of the most successful era this club has ever seen. A man who ran towards danger to try to save our chairman.

Words cannot describe what he's contributed to this club and how happy and grateful he's made us to be Leicester City fans. Au revoir, Kasper. Until next time.

36 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Its usually common place to thank your last manager at a place of work no? 

Wouldnt be hard to say thank you to all the management team but particularly Mike Stowell or something like that.  Keep the wool over your eyes if it makes you feel better  

Keep the misery coming if it makes you feel better! 

Leicester City Chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha said: “Throughout his time with us and particularly as a captain and  vice-captain, Kasper has always been a player willing to stand up and take responsibility, leading the team with distinction. His influence and his leadership on and off the pitch speak volumes about him as a professional, as a football player and as a human being.

“I know Leicester City supporters share the respect we all have for a player of Kasper’s standing after all his accomplishments as a footballer and captain and will join me in wishing him the very best for the next stage of his career in France with OGC Nice. 

“It’s clear to everyone who has watched him perform that Kasper has given everything to Leicester City every time he has played and the experiences shared between him, the Club and our supporters over the last 11 years mean he will always remain a part of this family.”

• Like 3

He was just entertaining, wasn't he? Whether it was spectacular saves, brilliant kicking, awful kicking, time wasting, fighting players to keep the ball when we've conceded, berating anyone and everyone, wild celebrations, enthusiastically applauding the crowd- he was always involved heavily in some way.

A hero. I love him, almost like a member of my family and I’m eternally grateful for everything he’s given us as fans of this club. I’d like to think he’ll always have the fondest memories of our great club and our great city. Good Luck Kasper.

It won’t be the same without him, but hopefully he can look out for our results, and our new goalkeeper, whoever that will be, and be proud of both.