Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasper Schmeichel officially joins Nice

Guest Col city fan

Genuinely never thought he’d leave and never thought we’d let him go.

I expected him to see out his contract with the club and stay on in some guise.

I’m surprised but glad for him that he can finish his career where he wants to be.

A clear winner, both on and off the field and just his persona will be difficult to replace.

I’m genuinely wondering what’s coming for LCFC this season.

Edited by Col city fan

8 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

When I first heard about this possibility I thought it made no sense, especially him leaving without any celebration, when he’s such a club legend.  But the more I think about it, the more I think he’s probably discussed it with Top and the club, and they’ve decided it’s best all round.  The club need the money, and him leaving will save a fortune.  He only has a year left, and needs to be somewhere that’ll offer him a longer contact.  If he’d stayed for the final year he might not have got that - not with us or anyone else.  Nice came for him and it must have seemed like a good all round solution - he gets security, the club saves money.  It almost feels like he’s taken one for the team.  

I’m still gutted though, and really worried about Ward and Iverson stepping up. 

And it makes me realise that I’ll actually cry when Vardy goes! 

Kasper is on less than Bertrand and Vestergaard combined, so whilst it does help us cut our wages a bit, we've still a lot more to strip back.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

When I first heard about this possibility I thought it made no sense, especially him leaving without any celebration, when he’s such a club legend.  But the more I think about it, the more I think he’s probably discussed it with Top and the club, and they’ve decided it’s best all round.  The club need the money, and him leaving will save a fortune.  He only has a year left, and needs to be somewhere that’ll offer him a longer contact.  If he’d stayed for the final year he might not have got that - not with us or anyone else.  Nice came for him and it must have seemed like a good all round solution - he gets security, the club saves money.  It almost feels like he’s taken one for the team.  

This, this, this, I would give you more reps if I could

Guest Col city fan
10 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

When Vardy leaves we’ll be saying goodbye to our best ever player.

My biggest like of Vardy is not going to Arsenal when he could. He chose to stay where he was happy.

There’s a moral in there somewhere 

17 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Im just accepting of the fact that not everything is rosey. 

As always, hoping Brendan proves me wrong! 

Kasper not saying anything about Rodgers specifically doesn't equate to everything not being rosey! 

Writing has been on the wall for a while given the speculation but it still feels surreal that

we will no longer see Kasper as our goalkeeper and captain. 

he will forever be a legend and not only have we lost one of if not our greatest goalkeeper but also we have lost a true leader from our team and dressing room. 

Leicester City without Kasper just doesn’t feel right. 

11 years with us which included a Premier League title, Champions League Quarter Final, FA Cup Winners and Community Shield winners just goes to show the influence his performances and presence has had on our club. 

Thank you legend 

10 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Its usually common place to thank your last manager at a place of work no? 

Wouldnt be hard to say thank you to all the management team but particularly Mike Stowell or something like that.  Keep the wool over your eyes if it makes you feel better  

That's literally what he did. He's worked with Rodgers for 3 years. He's worked with Stowell for 11, and even made a joke of how hard he probably made his job sometimes.

Stop. Reading. Into. Nothing.

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Kasper is on less than Bertrand and Vestergaard combined, so whilst it does help us cut our wages a bit, we've still a lot more to strip back.

But he is also earning roughly the same as Alisson and Ederson.

You have to be performing at a very high level to continue to get that sort of pay. 

The Southampton two will be gone as well, as soon as possible. 

It a painful decision from a emotional point of view, but a logical one. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Made a thread recently questioning whether we appreciate our legends enough. Feel like this should've been planned better

Spot on mate. I was literally just having the same thought.

It’s almost surreal that a club legend as big as this, League winner, bought for peanuts etc should gently sidle away to the South of France in this way. And very few seem to batting an eyelid.

I just hope that some big event is planned for him during the season, to come back to the KP to say his proper goodbyes.

The whole atmosphere around the club at present just ‘feels’ strange.

One of our greats kasper! 🙌🏾
so many memories he’s been with us thru thick & thin. I have nothing against him leaving he deserves whatever he wants.

as to what his loss will mean to us time will tell. He was a giant in the dressing room.

hope we can seem him return for his testimonial the day he retires.

personally I always felt with morgan, Vardy and kasper they should retire at our club their legacy intact. Kasper wants to continue playing so who Are we to stop him. Atleast my boy got to see one of his idols play one last time 😢

Guest David Oldfields Gate

This is a terrible decision by the club to allow it to happen.

We need his leadership more than ever this season because it is going to be seriously hard work and none is coming from Rodgers.

Next year, maybe, this year, No.

Poor all round in my opinion.

Now Time for two Top goalkeepers...to make that special name,in a long list of Great Gks who have served Leicester ...

A new epoc starts once again at Leicester....Just in that One position...

Far Top many negatives...the Fans literally havent got the balls,to follow the nature of football...

Edited by fuchsntf

2 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

This is a terrible decision by the club to allow it to happen.

We need his leadership more than ever this season because it is going to be seriously hard work and none is coming from Rodgers.

Next year, maybe, this year, No.

Poor all round in my opinion.

If the player doesn't want to be here, I'd rather they go. I imagine Schmeichel perhaps felt it was a good time to depart and experience something new. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Spot on mate. I was literally just having the same thought.

It’s almost surreal that a club legend as big as this, League winner, bought for peanuts etc should gently sidle away to the South of France in this way. And very few seem to batting an eyelid.

I just hope that some big event is planned for him during the season, to come back to the KP to say his proper goodbyes.

The whole atmosphere around the club at present just ‘feels’ strange.

Certainly a million miles away from the solidarity and togetherness we displayed in the great escape and title winning seasons. All seems so flat now somehow.