Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

What Type of Fan Are You?

What Type Of Fan Are You Currently?  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Which category do you fall under?

• All the games, every week
    • STH
    • Member 20-38 games a season
    • Member Less than 20 games a season
    • General Sale match goer
    • Casual fan
    • I’ve never been to a game
    • No longer go to games
    • i want to go to games, but I love 125 miles away and its not the easiest of routes

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Was a STH for many years, moved down under almost 20 odd years ago.

Never miss a game, we’re lucky out here every game is live on TV so can follow home and away without getting out of my lucky PJs. 
Early kick offs are great for going to a pub and watching with the increasing amount of Foxes over here. 
Have been known to cancel morning meetings and be late for work due to a LCFC game - I may have even canceled a meeting to watch the U23s in the Papa Johns Trophy.

If I ever moved back to Leicester I’d be at the KP and away every week.

You might be so far away and not able to attend our games but having every single game on TV is very important. I've spoken to both the Italian and Greek Foxes clubs and they're having a blast every single week, meeting altogether in pubs/bars and watching our games. I also have dozens of photos of their meetings and I'm really jealous sometimes. Unfortunately Sky and BT are ruining everything over here. 

Never lived vaguely close so generally away games for me. It's not just whether it's a 5 round hour trip but the cost of train tickets. Suddenly makes a home game £130-£150ish. The Europa League games were dreadful for that because of the times as well; getting back 1.30 in the morning is no fun.

Build my weekend around watching on a stream though. Makes me really popular with the missus. Not sure how that will work when we have kids :D

24 minutes ago, Xen said:

I was your side of the city until recently, spent a few months in Failsworth when I first came up. Just moved to Salford Quays the other week

Fancy. Trains over to Leicester are a pain. You've usually got to change somewhere. Drop me a message and we can see if a car share can be arranged. 

2 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Does anyone share my dislike of the word 'fan'? It's derived from 'fanatic', which has somewhat negative connotations, especially in the context of religious belief.

I like to distinguish between a fan and a supporter. I'd generally refer to a fan as somebody who has an interest in the club but not likely to follow through thick and thin, whereas a supporter is somebody who will always have Leicester in their blood, even if their interest wanes a bit or they can't make games.

Realise describing a fan as casual goes against your derivation of the word!

Overwhelming majority in here are in the supporter category for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Is disciple better? :ph34r:

There are various other possibles, although I quite like 'adherent' - someone who, perhaps, is mentally stuck with the desire to see City succeed throughout their life even though they may have given up attending games, such as myself (due to a belated realisation that my time and money are better directed elsewhere). Also, someone who, perhaps, has never attended a game, but has bought into the notion of  'Leicestercityness' through some reason known only to themselves.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/fan

• Like 2

Decent thread. Probably more away games than home games in the last two years, I think I will go to less of both this year. I have by no means lost the love for the game though, probably increased, woke up this morning and realised the season starts tomorrow and definitely got an air of excitement and anticipation now. The last couple of years of attending some huge occasions with lcfc and as a neutral mean I’m now more than happy to watch Brighton away on a stream than be there, and concentrate on  big trips like Dortmund etc 

As soon as I moved away from Leicester in 2009 and renounced my ST, things started to pick up. 

I had a membership for years and made it up for maybe 10 games a season initially, but the numbers started to dwindle year on year and by the time the pandemic hit there was really no reason to hold onto the membership anymore. 

I only go to a few games a year if that now just because my life is busy and I live miles away, usually via ticket sales on here. 

Hardcore sofa fan nowadays. You can't keep up with the match thread AND be in the stadium at the same time.  

I am a STH holder and go about 14 aways a season.

I live near Sheffield so home games can be a pain sometimes, if they're not Saturday, and it's one of the reasons I constantly wish for more Northern sides to come up.

Edited by Fox92

7 hours ago, Spudulike said:

The lad and me have season tickets and drive a 280 mile round trip to home matches. Don't do aways as the home games already involve too much travelling. I don't tend to make home matches mid-week as I can't manage the dark motorway miles home especially in mid-winter. I get screwed royally (like many) when the subscription TV channels move our matches. I can still manage about 15ish games a season if I'm lucky. 

I refuse to subscribe to Sky Sports or BT Sport. 

That's some dedication! 

I was a season ticket holder from 1989 to 1998 when I left for uni.  I haven't lived back in Leicester since but make a few games a season with my mate who has a couple of STs with his old man or with one of my family members, many of whom still live in Leicester.   

The distance and nature of my work make it impossible to commit to a ST but I watch every minute of every game - home and away - by foul means or fair.  

I also try and make it back for the odd day at Grace Road, mainly to drink myself into oblivion with old friends and observe the characters down the County.  

9 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

That's some dedication! 

Doesn't really feel like it as I've been doing it for years. I'm sure that many do similar trips and some from further afield. Sometimes I question if it's worth it and, to be honest, it's the lad that's kept me going. If he loses the spark that will be it for us. So pleased that we shared the golden era together when it was worth every motorway mile on those dark winter nights. 

This season is going to sting with the cost of diesel though. 

8 hours ago, Lako42 said:

I fall into the rapidly disillusioned ST holder category. 

Football is no longer the sport I fell in love with. I used to be utterly fanatical about all things Leicester, too passionate on occasions. 

I feel it slipping a bit these days. I've enjoyed pre-season and watched no football at all. 

Bang same for me. Without the new section and the group with it I would be looking to ease off. 

I'm 120 miles away and don't go to anything like as many games as I used to. I can watch every game anyway so paying more than my sky subscription for just one game including travel just doesn't appeal to me anymore. 

I've grown up and no longer want to go to every game, or have the energy! I used to travel so much and love it though.

I still have to watch every single game on a stream. Apart from games that are meaningless - really struggled to bother watching games at the end of the season. I can't even imagine travelling to watch that boring, pointless rubbish. I can't get excited about games that mean nothing and that's why I was so disappointed our season was effectively over in January last season.

STH for 13 years and had one for quite a few years in the 90's.

Kids came along, so couldn't do as many ,but still came up from Bedford 5 or 6 games a season + London aways with mates who supported those clubs.

Like many on here ,have become totally hacked off with the Premier league , the money involved and the media bollix that goes with it.

Thought a few times about knocking all on the head but it's like a drug and when Leicester are on tele , I'm a bag of nerves at home or in a pub.

I'm a proper miserable basket when we're on and have upset many around me when watching on the tele in pubs.

I'm just in a weird zone and ,apart from when someone puts a pint in front of me, I'm really bad company. 

Please help  🙏 😄