Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

What Type of Fan Are You?

What Type Of Fan Are You Currently?  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Which category do you fall under?

• All the games, every week
    • STH
    • Member 20-38 games a season
    • Member Less than 20 games a season
    • General Sale match goer
    • Casual fan
    • I’ve never been to a game
    • No longer go to games
    • i want to go to games, but I love 125 miles away and its not the easiest of routes

I ended up moving around here in 2000 & the ex was a Leicester City girl, I got roped in & got hooked slowly. Hence the username. Saw the last few games at Filbert St, became a regular, got a membership, then a ST. Watched the club get progressively worse all the way to L1. Split with the girl & it petered out from there, haven't been to a game since 2008 or so.

Still have this forum bookmarked. Still follow the goings on & when you won the league I danced like the rest of you, best day ever. 

Hoping to make a game or three this season but I probably said that last year too. Be nice to sit in my old seat, wonder how the lads are who used to sit around us sometimes. 

• Like 1

Was a season ticket holder and regular away goer from 2001-2006 but then began working weekends and other things in life reduced my match attendance. I have lost the love a bit for it but now I have a son I would love to get him into it. 

I voted for the last option: "i want to go to games, but I love 125 miles away and its not the easiest of routes".

Though, I try to compensate for not being able to attend the games by purchasing various merchandise from the club's website and having them shipped overseas.

Edited by Iran
  • Thanks 1

I fall into the rapidly disillusioned ST holder category. 

Football is no longer the sport I fell in love with. I used to be utterly fanatical about all things Leicester, too passionate on occasions. 

I feel it slipping a bit these days. I've enjoyed pre-season and watched no football at all. 

The lad and me have season tickets and drive a 280 mile round trip to home matches. Don't do aways as the home games already involve too much travelling. I don't tend to make home matches mid-week as I can't manage the dark motorway miles home especially in mid-winter. I get screwed royally (like many) when the subscription TV channels move our matches. I can still manage about 15ish games a season if I'm lucky. 

I refuse to subscribe to Sky Sports or BT Sport. 

Used to be a member going to around 5-10 games a season for around the last 10 years or so. Due to life circumstances and change of location I binned off my membership as it wasnt worth it just for 1 or 2 games a season.

STH, but just moved up from Loughborough to Manchester, so it's going to be a bit trickier this season :sweating:

Don't drive (yet) so reliant on public transport and may end up regretfully giving up my ST for practicality, but going to try and keep going as best as I can. Will probably get to ~15 games and give my card to local family when I cant make it or sell it back to the club.

No idea how well that's going to work out in practice...

STH for just over 10 years, used to do quite a few aways each season but none for a while now...definitely get the falling out of love sentiment people have mentioned because I'm right there when it comes to the supposed "elite" level football now (Prem/Champions League etc), it's all getting a bit "eh" to me now, I don't really know why either. Still love the sport and still love the club but have to say more of my enjoyment comes from the few non-league/lower league games I can get to as a neutral and the Women's games for LCFC.

Likely my last year with a ST unless I really get bit by the bug again, can't keep justifying the cost just because "well I always get a season ticket".

Go to the odd game but I'm about 100+ miles away and I'm not willing to pay the prices and petrol for what is not exactly the most exciting football experience.

I've also struggled with stable work the last 6-7 years and only now in a position to think about membership + 5-6 games a year. Of course that would happen when the worst energy crisis in my lifetime would happen. 

I have a local 8th tier club at the end of my road that I support with about 5-8 games a year and the atmosphere is just as fun as KP, with the stadium announcer just a bloke with a radio mic going around chatting to people and banging a drum ironically. Plus the ball boys have to either fetch it from the industrial estate or dog kennels. 

STH.

Used to go to 5 - 8 aways a season but last year only did 1.

Increasingly falling out of love with it all (in general), I go out of habit and routine.

I would love have not renewed this season but if I were not to renew I doubt I’d get my ST back and I’m hoping I will, at some point get the passion, buzz, love and something I can get behind back.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Xen said:

STH, but just moved up from Loughborough to Manchester, so it's going to be a bit trickier this season :sweating:

Don't drive (yet) so reliant on public transport and may end up regretfully giving up my ST for practicality, but going to try and keep going as best as I can. Will probably get to ~15 games and give my card to local family when I cant make it or sell it back to the club.

No idea how well that's going to work out in practice...

Whereabouts in Manchester are you? I'm just outside in the Tameside area...

STH since I was 7 (1995). It's become harder the last 18 months since I moved to Yorkshire, but I still get to every home game (Although I've decided i'll probably bin off some of the midweek games this season, especially if I have anything important going off at work the next day! Also as some others have said, the cost of petrol had made it a hell of a lot less affordable recently

Edited by TiffToff88

Im a depressed fan today having cried my eyes out at kaspers insta video 😭😭

But in the context of the post, im still a member hoping it'll come in use some day 😅 used to go to local away games (t'up norf) when we were in the championship...no such luck in recent years. Oh, I did sit in with the man u fans at old Trafford the game we could have won the league... left my husband in hospital to go after he'd been taken ill the night before 😅

Edited by AmyLGK
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Whereabouts in Manchester are you? I'm just outside in the Tameside area...

I was your side of the city until recently, spent a few months in Failsworth when I first came up. Just moved to Salford Quays the other week

Until this season, I was a Member (shut it!) and got to around 1 game a month. I live in Suffolk and the round trip (including stopping off at Stamford to pick my Dad up) is about 250 miles. Mid week games are a killer, I often don't get home until 0 silly Hundred hours.

Now I'm a STH for the first time since I was 10! Lots of miles ahead...

10 hours ago, broughtonblue said:

Me and mrs broughtonblue are season ticket holders that live in Norfolk,  so most matches are 14 hr round trips as we catch up with family/friends, with the price of petrol it costs us as much in fuel as our season tickets 

14 hours?! Are you walking? :D