Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

What Type of Fan Are You?

What Type Of Fan Are You Currently?  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Which category do you fall under?

• All the games, every week
    • STH
    • Member 20-38 games a season
    • Member Less than 20 games a season
    • General Sale match goer
    • Casual fan
    • I’ve never been to a game
    • No longer go to games
    • i want to go to games, but I love 125 miles away and its not the easiest of routes

10 hours ago, String fellow said:

Does anyone share my dislike of the word 'fan'? It's derived from 'fanatic', which has somewhat negative connotations, especially in the context of religious belief.

Not at all... i would believe myself a fanatic.  Even my Fitbit has a customised Foxes facing.

I’ve previously been a STH for several seasons 

ive also been a member for the best part of 30 years until a few years ago

now I’m a casual fan and have only been to a few games in the last 5/6 years or so 

Which makes trying to take my 9 year old daughter to the odd game more difficult 

STH when in Premier League (Little, O'Neil and current eras), but preferred it in Div2, Championship, League 1, when you could just rock up on the day and get in. Used to go to as many away games as home in those days, but struggle to get away tickets these days, because I don't have enough loyalty points. Managed 4 away last season. 

I understand what many have said about falling out of love with the game with all the hype, but personally I still always get that buzz of excitement on match days. I probably have to admit that winning the league and FA Cup has somehow changed things a bit, now that so many fans seem to have the awful sense of entitlement that we used to ridicule in the bigger clubs.

Season ticket holder for the last 28 years consecutive. 

5 or 6 aways per season.

Passion for it is definitely dwindling unfortunately. Used to be a bag of nerves when we were playing. Now I'm much more relaxed and don't let it ruin my evenings with a bad result. 

• Like 1

STH since 09/10. Started doing away games in 2011/2012, consistently doing about 6 a season. Then from about 17/18 up until Covid, I was doing a few more. 

Since starting uni, I have comeback for less games due to a combination of sheer distance, cost and weekend work. I can’t lie, my interest did dwindle at times last season, hopefully with more Saturday games, I’ll be able to get to more Northern away games.

Other commitments is probably a sign of things to come with growing up. Probably sounds somewhat selfish, but so reluctant to ever give my ST up (whatever the circumstance is). Hopefully trajectory / ground expansions will accommodate this though.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

I've had season tickets most of my adult life, including for the League One, Championship and Premier League titles, but since changing my job around 5 years ago it is a massive pain to make midweek games.

I live about 60 miles away, in the West Midlands, and rush-hour traffic after a 10 hour working day is just too much.

I would love to be able to buy the odd ticket for weekend games but I'm not going to spend £32 × 2 just to have a chance to buy a ticket.

When I first started going down, attendances only just topped 10 000, so I  am delighted with our success but can't wait for the expansion so I can get into the stadium.

2 hours ago, Rain King said:

5 or 6 aways per season.

Passion for it is definitely dwindling unfortunately. Used to be a bag of nerves when we were playing. Now I'm much more relaxed and don't let it ruin my evenings with a bad result. 

I'm usually a bit nervous before the game but by the time I'm home I'm pretty much over it, unless it's a terrible thrashing like the Forest game. 

10 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I am a STH holder and go about 14 aways a season.

I live near Sheffield so home games can be a pain sometimes, if they're not Saturday, and it's one of the reasons I constantly wish for more Northern sides to come up.

Rubbish it's easier to get to Leicester than many parts of the North from Sheffield you just have a northern bias. 

I'm a gen ticket bitch and normally get to 5 or so games a season, usually 3 at home (non PL) and a couple of PL aways when a St holder lends their ticket for points at a fixture they can't make. 

However moving to Northants soon, about an hour from Leics and will consider getting a St, although not sure if I can afford it at this time. 

8 hours ago, Rain King said:

5 or 6 aways per season.

Similar. Was happy throughout 1st div, championship and obviously 15/16 but now starting to find it more frustrating and the style of play a dirge.

STH with a spare for any of my family to use the other one. Had a season ticket in the O’Neal years then the children started appearing so downgraded to a membership and managed to get my hands on a couple of season tickets last season.

5 or so away games a season, prefer the longer haul, Brighton, Southampton, Burnley, Newcastle etc plus remote cup games Torquay, Carlisle even on my own as I’m a miserable old git now, according to my children.

:(
Fan since pre season 2014.

Never been to a game.

Never even been to the country.

Pay for Peacock (regular season games), SlingTV (regular season games), Paramount and ESPN (cup games) so I can watch every game - including the one with 6:30am kick off after getting him from work at 4am.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I'm a gen ticket bitch and normally get to 5 or so games a season, usually 3 at home (non PL) and a couple of PL aways when a St holder lends their ticket for points at a fixture they can't make. 

However moving to Northants soon, about an hour from Leics and will consider getting a St, although not sure if I can afford it at this time. 

Not as easy at that mate, season tickets sell out to fox members with around 38 home priority points. So you’d need to pay for a membership and go to most games for 2 years min to get a ST. 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, marbles said:

:(
Fan since pre season 2014.

Never been to a game.

Never even been to the country.

Pay for Peacock (regular season games), SlingTV (regular season games), Paramount and ESPN (cup games) so I can watch every game - including the one with 6:30am kick off after getting him from work at 4am.

How much does all that cost? I’m debating paying for something similar and using a VPN to watch all the away games I can’t get to without using the dodgy streams.

Had a season ticket since 2004. Been to 500 plus games, only in my mid twenties, but slowly losing interest with football in its current state. But never Leicester, I’ll always have a season ticket. Before Covid I’d do 10 plus away games a season, but having done a few since Covid, have been put off by the behaviour of fans. Will probably look to do half that number now.

I care enough to want the right results, but not so invested that a defeat is allowed to ruin my day, or indeed the potential sale of a player to cause me anxiety. Professional life means it is hard for me to get to many games and I've never owned a ST. I judge nobody for the way the exert their passion - it just differs to mine in most cases. Been going since the early 80s.

Ironically, I could go on Sunday and for some reason I cannot get on the website.... anyone with a spare could have a happy buyer in me.

I was a season ticket holder for 15+ years, however gave it up when we had Children and I had to travel a lot for work. 

My wife and daughters aren’t into football, so I’m now just a casual match goer. 

2 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

How much does all that cost? I’m debating paying for something similar and using a VPN to watch all the away games I can’t get to without using the dodgy streams.

You need an NBC carrier in order to get Peacock.  That’s why I have SlingTv (streaming app) for around 35 a month.

Peacock is around 10 with no commercials.  Same with paramount.  I think ESPN is around 5

So 50-60 per month.

I cancel all during off season, and then resub a few days before the start of the season.

9 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Rubbish it's easier to get to Leicester than many parts of the North from Sheffield you just have a northern bias. 

Of course I do. Plus I prefer Northern away days.

However, I was referring to it "being a pain" when we have night games (not as much now we're in the PL) considering I'm sometimes on a later shift so I'm rushing around.

I did not mean Leicester is harder to get to.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, marbles said:

You need an NBC carrier in order to get Peacock.  That’s why I have SlingTv (streaming app) for around 35 a month.

Peacock is around 10 with no commercials.  Same with paramount.  I think ESPN is around 5

So 50-60 per month.

I cancel all during off season, and then resub a few days before the start of the season.

Blimey

My dodgy box is £35 every 6 months and even then I usually turn us over when we’re passing it about the defence for 40 mins 🤣

You said you’ve never been to England before, where are you from out interest?

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

Blimey

My dodgy box is £35 every 6 months and even then I usually turn us over when we’re passing it about the defence for 40 mins 🤣

You said you’ve never been to England before, where are you from out interest?

Texas USA

• Like 1