Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

What Type of Fan Are You?

What Type Of Fan Are You Currently?  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Which category do you fall under?

• All the games, every week
    • STH
    • Member 20-38 games a season
    • Member Less than 20 games a season
    • General Sale match goer
    • Casual fan
    • I’ve never been to a game
    • No longer go to games
    • i want to go to games, but I love 125 miles away and its not the easiest of routes

22 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Fair play. 

How comes you don't subscribe to Sky or BT?

I dislike the format, the pundits, the commentators, the bias to certain clubs, the lack of research and understanding of the non-favourites and lack of respect. 

The constant moving of games without any thought towards match going fans (especially those like me travelling from a distance). 

Other than that, the cost is outrageous and a complete rip-off for those in the UK. 

• Like 2

I'm an ST holder with my son.  We used to go to all the home matches and the odd away, but now do fewer home matches (particularly midweek) and more aways.  I still get a buzz from watching City and love having a shared interest and experience with my son.  The journeys to and from matches are when we talk the most.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Fair play. 

How comes you don't subscribe to Sky or BT?

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

I dislike the format, the pundits, the commentators, the bias to certain clubs, the lack of research and understanding of the non-favourites and lack of respect. 

The constant moving of games without any thought towards match going fans (especially those like me travelling from a distance). 

Other than that, the cost is outrageous and a complete rip-off for those in the UK. 

And this just reinforces my decision not to subscribe to Sky... 

Probably can't go now. Ffs. 

I am content and happy…we have had our bicentennial embarrassing defeat from Forest

Now we reset & go…

Same procedure as every year…dive into the Abyss of unknowns & enjoy the splendour…& its wrath…

Support & encourage, then cry blue murder.

Just a fan that enjoys the droll boring & explosive life of any fan…

Edited by fuchsntf

Fan since 1998.

Have never attended a match.  I live about 4600 miles from Leicester.

I visited the UK in 1999, but that was a summer trip -- no football being played.  Plus my wife (who was with me) is most definitely not a fan.

I have Comcast cable, which also gives me access to Peacock streaming.  I pay for a month at a time of ESPN+ ($7) to get domestic cup matches.  I was also paying monthly for Paramount+ streaming to get the European matches the last couple of seasons.

• Like 2

On 03/08/2022 at 23:49, Jattdogg said:

"Virtual" STH since 1990ish living 5000+km away.

I am there in spirit every game (except for the handful of times i have made it across the pond to catch live matches).

I'm overdue to fly back over. Next time I do, hope to meet some of you and mesmerize you with my Canadian accent. 

Should be easy to spot ay?

50C496FF-1006-4198-A20A-4DEEE87DA3E1.jpeg

Edited by Trumpet

I was a STH until 2020 but gave it up when I moved to Spain. Apart from family it's genuinely the only thing I miss about the UK. 

Now I stream every game, the yearly cost is about the same as it used to cost me for Sky and BT sport monthly in the UK!

I miss going to actual games, and so I'm looking at trying to go regularly to watch Valencia when we move there in the next couple of months. I don't think I'll ever lose my love for Leicester though, it's been too big a part of my life for too long, but I definitely miss the actual match going part of football. 

• Like 2

The last 2. Was a STH for many years, but live on the south coast now and haven’t lived in Leicestershire in around 12 years now so have long since stopped going. 

I try to go to Southampton away every year though. Would gladly go to Bournemouth and Brighton away too but it’s usually impossible to get tickets without points for those given how small the grounds are.

Used to go to games when I lived in England still, now I'm 4,412 miles away!

But... I'm coming with my son to visit in October and if anyone can get me tickets to the Palace game I'd appreciate it and adjust my survey response accordingly!!

Edited by KansasFox

I was a member last season but not bothered this season as I won't be able to get to many games. I live in the North West and have 2 young boys and my wife works every Saturday and I work every Sunday, so pretty difficult for me to get to games. I've been to 6-10 games every season for as long as I can remember but don't go as often as I'd like. Always try to get tickets for away games in the North West but not easy getting away tickets these days. I quite liked our championship seasons and even the league 1 season as there was plenty of local away games for me and tickets were easier to come by. Watch most games on TV/stream if I'm not working. 

• Like 1

On 04/08/2022 at 06:53, Apollo said:

STH but rapidly losing interest if I’m honest. Not anything to do with Leicester, but football in general - find the circus around it tedious, and I even struggle to sit and watch a whole game without looking at the clock. Doesn’t seem to matter that much to me anymore.

Had a ST since 2003 and did every single game from 2013-17 Maybe it’s all a bit samey now, or maybe I’ve just changed as I’ve got older.

I there’s a few of us of a certain age who think the same. We renew our season tickets because we know that if we give them up it will be a nightmare to get one back. 

STH probably go one away game a season. 

I enjoyed watching Coalville Town last season, I went to Burton Albion a couple of times, I can be back home in Coalville in the time it takes me to get back to my car after a city home game. 

Hoping to get that loving feeling back.