Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

The problem is Rodgers guys. Players are underperfoming individually because of him. You can all see in our 2nd goal how these players can work as a team when the right tactics are implemented and when they have confidence because of the tactics and the team chemistry. 

We have scored more goals than Chelsea and ManU and we're sitting 2nd bottom of the table. There is a way to sort the defensive unit through the right implementation of tactics. The fellow fans that argue about Leeds being poor, Forest being poor they don't have a clue. Leeds and Crystal Palace especially could have tear us into pieces. 

Keep the faith in these players. I don't have faith in our manager but this is a decent team of mostly young players that need the spark of confidence through tactical and correct positional play. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Yes and he was pretty dire vs Bournemouth, Spurs, Brighton, Arsenal and ManUtd. Could barely pass straight.

He has had 2 or 3 excellent games this season including against Chelsea but he’s had more crap games. “Consistent” is one of the absolute last things

Picking a couple of games out and saying he’s been “consistently the best of a bad bunch” and “good all season” is a massive stretch and massive recency bias based on  the last game. Consistent is the absolute last thing Tielemans has been this season.

Sorry I meant consistently as good as / better than other players but I will take your points as you are a poster generally I agree with.

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

I wouldn't mind Praet not starting because of how underused he has been. He needs to get right back up to match fitness. But he should definitely come off the bench at some point at the weekend and be in contention to start as part of our strongest XI in games beyond that. He just adds balance.

If we have to rotate Soumare, KDH and Tielemans in order to do that, so be it. All of those players will need to be kept fresh at points too.

I believe in rotation and sometimes not what might be considered like for like.

Rodgers should be looking for...

CB: Faes 90 mins, these others depends on fitness & form. Cags,Evens,Amartey.  

FB: Castagna,Justin...sub if needed Thomas

Midfielders: subs to be used 65mins+

Soumare,Mendy,Praet,Tielemans,KDH.

At least 3 start.

Interfaces. Maddison,Tielemans,Praet,KDH,

Perez,Nacho. Albrighton,Akademie .Covering positions.

Forwards: Maddison,Nacho,Barnes,Vardy,Daka,

Subs.60+ mins

Injury,or tiring needs, Perez,Albrighton Akademie...

At least 3 start

Edited by fuchsntf

A steady shift last night and his pass to force the mistake from Koch for the first was excellent - Harvey was getting on the end of it had he not put it into his own net.

Looked rusty at times, but that's understandable with the lack of gametime under the stubborn sod in the dugout. I thought his chemistry with Castagne was excellent - understandable given they've played more footy together for their country in recent months than in Royal Blue. :dunno:

We certainly look more balanced with him in midfield, though I expect he'll be back on the bench with Madders returning. I wouldn't advocate dropping the latter, but I certainly want to see him and Mendy become regular options off the bench in the last half hour of games. I do not want to see us going 3 at the back out of choice again after the mess at Bournemouth.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

A steady shift last night and his pass to force the mistake from Koch for the first was excellent - Harvey was getting on the end of it had he not put it into his own net.

Looked rusty at times, but that's understandable with the lack of gametime under the stubborn sod in the dugout. I thought his chemistry with Castagne was excellent - understandable given they've played more footy together for their country in recent months than in Royal Blue. :dunno:

We certainly look more balanced with him in midfield, though I expect he'll be back on the bench with Madders returning. I wouldn't advocate dropping the latter, but I certainly want to see him and Mendy become regular options off the bench in the last half hour of games. I do not want to see us going 3 at the back out of choice again after the mess at Bournemouth.

I totally agree - let’s not see 3 at the back to see out a 1-0 again.
It was Praet’s slide challenge/pass to Vardy that started the second goal as well. I thought we pressed better as a team last night and Praet was integral to that. 

I don’t advocate starting him ahead of Maddison but he needs to be involved in more games. 

I like him for the same reasons i like youri, he just has a touch of class and a brain. Considering brendan likes a more defensive rw, it blows my mind that we haven’t given him a try it also blows my mind that our fans prefer to give perez yet another go, despite us all knowing his limits. 

I think he could be the difference that we need in that area, someone who tends to make the right decisions. He has this ability to know when to let the ball run and turn on it, it gives him an extra yard before the defender switches on. He showed a lot of this dynamism while in italy and i think he could be in for a good run in the side… or at least he should be. 

The problem with rodgers is that if anything goes wrong in the next game he would be the first to get dropped. You need at least 3 solid games in a row before rodgers will let you or the team… make a mistake 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

He didn't do much but we looked more solid on the RW when he came on and he started the play for madders goal. Definitely offers something different in a positive way although I have no idea what he was doing marauding up the left wing on one occasion!

Just now, UHDrive said:

He didn't do much but we looked more solid on the RW when he came on and he started the play for madders goal. Definitely offers something different in a positive way although I have no idea what he was doing marauding up the left wing on one occasion!

Are you sure he wasn't Sharky?

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, smudger63 said:

Well in the very few minutes he has been given, he has done very well in my opinion.

Me too but enough to be playing ahead of the likes of Maddison, Tielemans and KDH?

4 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

This season has been an improvement in chances admittedly but too little too late in terms of Belgium squad. I’m disappointed for him as I’m a huge Praet fan 

I am disappointed for him to, but its not just down to the manager or the club, he has to take some responsibility.

Look at how KDH force himself into the side last year, with sheer determination and work rate, sometimes you have to force the managers hand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Me too but enough to be playing ahead of the likes of Maddison, Tielemans and KDH?

I am disappointed for him to, but its not just down to the manager or the club, he has to take some responsibility.

Look at how KDH force himself into the side last year, with sheer determination and work rate, sometimes you have to force the managers hand.

Enough to have warranted a chance ahead of KDH, who hasn't been at his best, although KDH performance was certainly more encouraging at Everton last week.

• Like 1