Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Praet had rumours of not liking Rodgers since a disagreement on treatment, must really be pissed off with him now.

It is disappointing but he needs to use that hurt and channel it into a desire to force himself into a regular starting spot both at club level and for Belgium. I like him a lot and think he is very capable of doing that. I hope Dennis achieves that with us. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Enough to have warranted a chance ahead of KDH, who hasn't been at his best, although KDH performance was certainly more encouraging at Everton last week.

In the games, he has played more than 20 mins in he was poor to average against Arsenal and Chelsea and then excellent against Leeds and average against Wolves. 

KDH has 1 goal and 2 assists and a average scored rating of 6.78 on https://www.whoscored.com/Players/391256/Show/Kiernan-Dewsbury-Hall

Praet has not goals or assists and a average scored rating of 6.28 https://www.whoscored.com/Players/106413/Show/Dennis-Praet 

KDH has earned the shirt with his performance for last season, Praet has to more to win it in my view. 

I like Dennis but his just a good squad player, but to blame the manager or the club for him not going to the WC is wrong, simply play great for you club the rest takes care of itself. 

• Like 1

I like praet, seems like a nice guy and a good footballer. But the fact that no clubs were willing to pay even £10m for him in the summer shows he’s not that great. He’s played a couple of good games this season and a couple of games he’s been average, I don’t think he can have too many complaints as in the last 3 years he’s never been so impressive that he’s been undroppable. 

• Like 4

He’s just had a kid hasn’t he. I imagine he’s not that hurt really in the context. Besides, Dennis strikes me as intelligent, plus from what I’ve heard about him he is. I am sure he can tell his little one, one day, that he didn’t play in a World Cup that was complicit in thousands of deaths.

Regarding his playing time for the club, he should be used in a rotation with KDH in games we’re expected to have more of the ball.

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I am a fan of Praet but we should really look to sell, clearly not going to start for us and we could use his wages elsewhere, same goes for Nacho

So we shouldn’t have good footballers as back up? 
Every squad needs players who are capable of coming in and doing a job when injuries and suspensions hit.

PL squads have 25 players, only 11 can start. 
Players like Praet and Iheanacho are perfect as they rarely let the side down when they come in, but in all honesty when everyone is fit neither are in the best XI.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Every squad needs players who are capable of coming in and doing a job when injuries and suspensions hit.

Players like Praet and Iheanacho are perfect as they rarely let the side down when they come in, but in all honesty when everyone is fit neither are in the best XI.

we couldn't sign players this past summer due to FFP, yes we want goo players as back up but we can't be paying the wage of starters

46 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

we couldn't sign players this past summer due to FFP, yes we want goo players as back up but we can't be paying the wage of starters

If that’s the case then don’t expect to be challenging at the top end of the table. Have a look at the best clubs challenging at the top end of the table, the difference between them and the rest is the quality of their bench and squad players.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dusty said:

I like praet, seems like a nice guy and a good footballer. But the fact that no clubs were willing to pay even £10m for him in the summer shows he’s not that great. He’s played a couple of good games this season and a couple of games he’s been average, I don’t think he can have too many complaints as in the last 3 years he’s never been so impressive that he’s been undroppable. 

Captured it perfectly. He's simply a tidy competent player. 

• Like 1

I think he should have played more and when he first came in he played and we did well. I think kdh should be rotated more but I can see why he hasn't . It's life. Mendy has been in a similar situation. But there's been less cover for him so he's got a bit more action also for me not enough as choudhary and ndidi have often been preferred over the years. We just have to.accept that having a quality squad like the big boys may mean that players who are actually decent and if played regularly would be even better aren't going to ever get that chance. Not with trying to get consistency,  blood youngsters etc. They are there for when you get injury issues. 

Lets not forget. KDH and Barnes have played all season and have not made the world cup squad for a team ranked lower in the world than Belgium. So theres no guarantee that Praet playing for Leicester would have got him in to the world cup squad. 

That said id definitely start him this weekend and say. Show Martinez what hes missing, you never know there may be an injury to someone.

• Like 1

To be honest I was always a bit surprised that Praet made the Belgium squad so often. I mean he’s not exactly KDB or Tielemans is he? 

He’s a good squad player at our level; but he’d never trouble the starting elevens of a greedy six club and those are the teams we’ve been competing with in the last three seasons. 

• Haha 1

Catch 22

If he is considered good enough for Belgium but not selected for lack of game time, he will probably want to leave.

If he aint good enough for Belgium, get rid, we are big now, no room for non internationals.

In reality it is up to him really, like Perez, we will probably be grateful to have him in the squad if and when Youri and Madders leave.

20 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Agree..we don’t have major thinkers on this forum…

If we got rid of Mendy & Praet…Where is the quality back up & cover.

We will be replacing like for like…Maybe there are certain needs for turnaround

& fresh faces…but for posters demanding get rid notices,is just blind hit & hope.

Besides I like both players, and I could see them playing first team football either

has subs , cover & rotation. Maybe having long periods in the 1st team,helping to keep momentum going…Or has automatic tactical replacements.

Both Mendy & Praet have shown they can play at an high level,they have been involved when picking up points in our top seasons…

You don’t throw such quality players out or look to ditch, without finding another

2-3 who we know will be upgrades..,,!!   And that is always a shot in the dark…

Why at our club do our fans alway believe what we have are not good enough and often stay clear of any type of long term encouraged or support..Showing they belong to the club family…

Funny thing is these are the type of players we would be chasing…

Leicester & location is still not the great enticement that many fans will have..

Mendy especially has put in a good service for this club…and don’t tell me Praet hasn’t done his bit…

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 15:30, coolhandfox said:

In the games, he has played more than 20 mins in he was poor to average against Arsenal and Chelsea and then excellent against Leeds and average against Wolves. 

KDH has 1 goal and 2 assists and a average scored rating of 6.78 on https://www.whoscored.com/Players/391256/Show/Kiernan-Dewsbury-Hall

Praet has not goals or assists and a average scored rating of 6.28 https://www.whoscored.com/Players/106413/Show/Dennis-Praet 

KDH has earned the shirt with his performance for last season, Praet has to more to win it in my view. 

I like Dennis but his just a good squad player, but to blame the manager or the club for him not going to the WC is wrong, simply play great for you club the rest takes care of itself. 

You can see why Rodgers like to run with a small squad, not one for rotation and will only give players a chance in dire circumstances 

30 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Only if we agree to parole.  He wanted out desperately in the summer for obvious reasons, and lost his WC spot because we refused.

No he didn’t. That’s nonsense. You’ve literally made that up and then stated it as fact. 

Maybe he never had a World Cup place this year based on his performances and the fact nobody wanted him when we were trying to give him away?

I have no idea why you persist with this weird agenda of Praet the victim. 

Maybe y’know he’s just not good enough?

• Sad 1

On 10/11/2022 at 18:10, Dusty said:

It's the wages not the price tag for many. Same with Vestergaard.