Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

43 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Shhh, don't step on the narrative.

Oh please, the only narrative is your own imaginary Praet 'love thesis' where he's an amazing footballer and it's everybody else's fault he plays very averagely 90% of the time. Whilst he can cover a few positions (he can't start in any of them) but can cover them, and had today a reasonable cameo and played well against poor opposition, your championing of him is like a lovesick kid sticking images of him in a scrap book (apologies if you actually have one of these). I'd happily keep him as cover if he's content being a squad player but he's never demonstrated the performances of being capable of starting for us in any position and being consistently good enough. Christ, not even Torino would stump up the pocket change to keep him.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Sly said:

Okay, so what does he offer us then? 

Any reason you wouldn’t put him out to pasture with Soumare in the summer? 

He's done far more than Soumare. Praet had some good games when we were good but as we declined so did his overall performances. He's not a great player or a starter but he's a decent squad player. Just like KDH. Soumare looks out of his depth. I don't eeally care if Praet stays or leaves tbh.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sly said:

Any reason you wouldn’t put him out to pasture with Soumare in the summer? 

Depends what as. As a squad player who is a water carrier, then fine as he a hell of a lot more ‘action’ that Bouba

Not every player needs to or can be a first XI quality player for a team outside the traditional monied clubs.

Replace him with an up and coming in a heartbeat, but if he wanted to stay I would not be sad.

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Nothing never has, the most passive player I've ever seen. Looked spent after 15 minutes and should have been subbed at HT to take the Ghezzal record of most times subbed at half time - still tied.

Ideally you'd want players pushing the first eleven for playing time. Unfortunately he's not that player. At least when our attack is hitting on all cylinders. That isn't happening now and I doubt Rodgers or another manager will be satisfied with aiming at the status quo. Need more young hungry players now. Our attack needs to improve and that means goals.

This whole situation leads to another topic.

What is going on with our player development and when will it produce players capable of competition for the first team. Luke Thomas, KDH and that's it? This club can't afford to go out and buy all it's players on the market. Normally Praet would be sold and someone would be ready for first team minutes. Not always in his position of course. Just hate to give older players new contracts for very limited playing time. Isn't that part of why we're in the situation we're in with having to replace so many players at one time?

1 hour ago, Koke said:

He's done far more than Soumare. Praet had some good games when we were good but as we declined so did his overall performances. He's not a great player or a starter but he's a decent squad player. Just like KDH. Soumare looks out of his depth. I don't eeally care if Praet stays or leaves tbh.

Agreed, lumping Praet in with Soumare is like put a lump of coal next to a turd. Coal isn't a diamond, but it's still useful and it doesn't stink.

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

He's been living off that mishit pass at Brentford for years.

At least you remember. I just have a faint memory of a ball running down the right center of the field. Couldn't tell you who scored If my life counted on it.😊

18 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Absolutely no chance that was a miss hit. He’s a useful footballer, for me he’s a good alternative to KDH. Like Mendy he rarely has a run of games that would help him progress because Rodgers doesn’t like him. 

You can’t honestly believe it’s because of Rodgers? He went out on loan last year and Torino wouldn’t even part with €8m for him. Clubs aren’t lining up to take him now either. He’s just an average footballer, no need to blame anyone.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Dusty said:

You can’t honestly believe it’s because of Rodgers? He went out on loan last year and Torino wouldn’t even part with €8m for him. Clubs aren’t lining up to take him now either. He’s just an average footballer, no need to blame anyone.

Rodgers’ team bought him and have never given the lad a run of games. Of course Rodgers has to take the blame. Why buy a player who you appear to have no intention to play? 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Mark said:

He's been living off that mishit pass at Brentford for years.

I don't rate the guy very much but no way that was anything other than a perfect beautiful deliberate assist. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Rodgers’ team bought him and have never given the lad a run of games. Of course Rodgers has to take the blame. Why buy a player who you appear to have no intention to play? 

He rarely showed he was good enough, who is he going to displace, madders or youri? Whenever he plays we’re all so disappointed in his performance or even notice he’s playing. He’s been a dud signing, Rodger’s has to take some of the blame for him coming in but I’m not angry at him for not playing a player that’s scarcely shown he’s good enough.