Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

Praet is not crap, nor is he great. He is a decent experienced player. We are in no position to demand great players. The problem is he is overpaid but we signed the contract. That is not his fault. He almost certainly will see out his last year and while he is here we should use him.

• Like 2

I think Praet played well against a tiring side but I'm not sure he would have been as good at the physical stuff earlier in the game, same with Nacho, I've seen people saying he should start over Vardy elsewhere but in a game where you need aggression I know who I'd prefer

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, grth2004 said:

After today game I seriously hope he stays , changed the game immediately after coming on and we can’t afford to loose that option with the players we’ve already lost. 

I agree. He always has a steadying influence on the game, and is tactically astute. I would keep him.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, grth2004 said:

After today game I seriously hope he stays , changed the game immediately after coming on and we can’t afford to loose that option with the players we’ve already lost. 

Agree with you - his coming on changed the game. But I still think he wants to leave and will. Expect our first choice 8s to be KDH & Casadei, but we need at least one other for cover/rotation

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

Agree with you - his coming on changed the game. But I still think he wants to leave and will. Expect our first choice 8s to be KDH & Casadei, but we need at least one other for cover/rotation

If Praet wants to stay for one more year or if we don't get a decent offer I'd say keep him. Seemed to fit what Maresca wanted better than Ndidi. Played well.

1 hour ago, ronnup said:

Looked very good today , god knows what Enzo sees in Wilf to start him ahead. Was very vocal too and talking to Mcateer a lot. I like Dennis

I think he plays Wilf because of his physical presence, that can be the only reason.

• Like 1

I’ve always been fairly indifferent about Dennis, and Before the game I wanted him gone, but he was so fired up for that match when he came on and changed the game. Was aggressive in the tackle and very vocal, giving players a earful for not making the right runs. It looked like he wanted to be here. If that Praet plays this season he must stay. Gave us so much more quality than Ndidi in that final third. Must start on Wednesday. 

Edited by Levi Port
  • Like 1

Without doubt he is better than Ndidi in the attacking role.

Ndidi has been a defensive midfielder and suddenly we're pushing him forward? Doesn't make sense with players like Praet on the bench.

Great cross for the goal.

12 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

We can't get rid of him when pur only other option in that role is Wilf.

He has to play and we have to sign more players for that role.

There is still time left in the transfer window. I’m pretty sure both Praet and Ndidi won’t be in the starting line-up come September.