Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Without doubt he is better than Ndidi in the attacking role.

Ndidi has been a defensive midfielder and suddenly we're pushing him forward? Doesn't make sense with players like Praet on the bench.

Great cross for the goal.

I think it's about putting some physicality into the side, lots of teams will try and rough us up.

13 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He was the best player on the pitch yesterday in the time he was on. 

Just far, far too good for this level, if he wants to stay, then brilliant…. The lad could genuinely be a KDB at this level…..

Oh come on! Don’t get too carried away from a decent 30 mins! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He was the best player on the pitch yesterday in the time he was on. 

Just far, far too good for this level, if he wants to stay, then brilliant…. The lad could genuinely be a KDB at this level…..

Well he did get a bit of a wake up call when he took too long in possession on one of his first counters and got clattered. He probably needed that to show that even though he is too good for this level he still needs to play like it. 

• Like 1

He has a footballing brain and has been criminally underused since he’s been with us - hopefully now that Tielemans and Maddison leave us short he can get on the pitch more regularly. We certainly didn’t need Ndidi trying to be a creative midfielder yesterday!

• Like 1

Dennis will always look okay in a team dominating or on the front foot. As he's technically tidy. But he offers little if your up against it. As he's not particularly talented in any area. No pace, not a silky dribbler, no tricky feet. Nor a fabulous passer. He has perhaps found his level in Eng. As in the premiership he was justifiably just a squad man.

If he can just add a bit of steel to his game he'd be excellent at this level. Some games are going to be an all out battle and we need to be ready for it.  We're not a very physical team and that's what worries me. in this league.

I know many want him to play from the start but I'd be inclined to keep him as a Sub for now anyway.

We need that bit of energy and grit from the start to get a grip on games.

If he's not in the team from the start then the opposition can't plan for him. From the sideline he can read the game and see where the gaps are in the opposition and target  them when he comes on.

If he has it in him he could be the star of the team this season along with Winks.

I don't particularly rate him as a PL player but he did come on and change the game yesterday.

If he can keep that up then he should be starting over Ndidi.

More than likely leave on a free at the end of the season though.

Not sure if this is relevant, but 'Dennis Praet' is a name which lends itself quite well to making anagrams. Here are a few that I've just thought of, but there must be plenty more:-

Adept sinner, Anti-spender, Penis ranted, Rates pinned,, Tender pains, Trained pens.

7 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Not sure if this is relevant, but 'Dennis Praet' is a name which lends itself quite well to making anagrams. Here are a few that I've just thought of, but there must be plenty more:-

Adept sinner, Anti-spender, Penis ranted, Rates pinned,, Tender pains, Trained pens.

Please do not repeat this for Harry Winks.....

He’s a good player & definitely,good for us,as first choice…

I never felt it was worth getting on his back…

# Rodgers used him too often as the teams fireman

# after promise & coming back from injury…Rodgers just didn’t have the balls to drop

so called off form,better players. The guy was moved around from pillar to post

# rarely played in his stronger positions across the pitch

## I don’t really believe any fan can,even after the seasons with us they can make any

decent judgement…

### like Nacho, now is the time to put them both on the first choice group of players,

for at least 6-7 games. Nacho with Vardy,as double pack.or then with Daka or the single

Striker…

### Strangely enough Praet under Enzo’s system & tactics,will & can be more

flexable in various positions.

*** Fans & FT posters have to stop being single-minded,or bombastic,

when shooting down or OTT analysing individual players..If they can’t over the next few months

Rekindle or take their new & this chance…Then fire free…with some decorum..

*** The new management coaching set up,will be for this group of squad the best way to show

now if & where around the field they can show their capabilities and skills,with a new created

team,and not one that has been tactically mishandled & lost totally their identity & confidence..

I still would like to see Souttar in this team. & Justin coming in, IMO,can drive us further forward, being

a good outlet for both Winks & KDH…Though looking at the present various selection potential,

we can only play 11,so some decent players,just might miss out…

Though at this time of the season I believe from 16-18 of the top squad players,Enzo is still way off knowing

who he wants in some blankfilled positions, so he  will still mix and change various players deep into the first

1/4 of the season..Though injuries will naturally give him that freedom..

• 5 months later...