Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

So have we finally got to the stage where, for the first time in his career here, DP is in the manager’s first choice XI? 

Beginning to look that way…

He's a pretty experienced International player.

It should be no surprise that he's good at Championship level (when fit of course). 

He has 14 games left to finally contribute before we bid our farewell's! lol

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
16 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

So have we finally got to the stage where, for the first time in his career here, DP is in the manager’s first choice XI? 

Beginning to look that way…

I still think ndidi is first choice but thought Dennis was brilliant last night.

He's far better than Casadei and Yunus for me.

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I still think ndidi is first choice but thought Dennis was brilliant last night.

I agree, but ran out of steam late on.

Probably due to match fitness. 

• Like 3

Last night was the easiest 1st half of football of this guys life. 

2nd half they actually decided to use some midfielders and drop BB a bit deeper and he immediately found it too difficult and dropped from the game. 

Not good enough

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I certainly wouldn't have called him brilliant. He did ok, especially in the first half. A few misplaced passes crept in during the second half. 

7 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Brilliant?he was good first half when we were on top, but was poor second half when his lack of pace, mobility showed. Looked better when was subbed off

1 minute ago, SergeLCFC said:

Not sure he seemed interested last night, when you compare him with Harry Winks and KDH he doesn't seem to have the passion.

He was the best we have seen him for some time. Positionally he was very astute and in the first half worked really well with Fatawu. Tired a lot in the 2nd half, but this is a guy who never plays a consistent 90 minutes, so can't expect he will just start being able to.

My issue with him was a little Brendanesqe, in that he shows very little intensity and really doesn't commit to much at all. Tidy when the ball comes to him but half arsed when it comes to challenging and pressing. However, he has had his injury and fitness issues, so could be that Enzo is happy for him to have that less intense role for now and just be tidy / technical. 

If he can stay fit and puts the effort in he could be half decent for us in the next 14 or so games (FA cup dependant), before he fu**s off to Torino.

• Like 1

main bug bear is lack of effort/fight to chase back, there was 1 passage lastnight where we lost possession by their box & they sped away & i watched who chased back.
Winks was up with him but he bust a gut to get back & whilst not blessed with super speed he was on the tails of the attacker, their effort went out for a corner & you see our players all arriving in our box Vardy, Fats, Mav they were all in or just appearing when their effort was struck, Dennis was the last back into our box.

I know he's not blessed with pace & someone like Fats is, it was over their 'side' of centre the break went through, so obviously Fats would chase back also but it was the almost give up affect of Dennis well i'm not going to catch him so i'll just jog & whilst yes there was no way he was catching up, the issue is it shows no fight or understanding that if we did nick the ball back he wouldn't be there to offer support.

I desperately want to like him as i do believe he is the best technically for that position but effort & workrate are a must in a team.

43 minutes ago, Viva said:

I certainly wouldn't have called him brilliant. He did ok, especially in the first half. A few misplaced passes crept in during the second half. 

He put far too much weight on that cross for Vardy. A bit more finesse and it would have been 3-0.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I agree, but ran out of steam late on.

Probably due to match fitness. 

Can't ever remember him looking or being fit in the entire time since he's been here. He's always seemed to puff and blow like a big fat girl. Shocking stamina for a professional footballer imo.

9 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Can't ever remember him looking or being fit in the entire time since he's been here. He's always seemed to puff and blow like a big fat girl. Shocking stamina for a professional footballer imo.

Think he had a spell a few years ago when he was keeping Tielemans out where he looked ok.

Am I the only one who thinks he missed a sitter for that Faes chance? Did I see it wrong? Ball whipped in and hit his neck or something unmarked.

Agree with @KingsX above. Technically he's good, had a couple of decent games but nothing to great to go on about. He's good to have while Ndidi is out.