Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brentford H Match Thread

Well done lads! Really great first half. Great to see Justin and Castagne getting forward and attacking.

Tielemans controlling the game, he really is the stand out player on the pitch. 
Ndidi is playing well, despite giving the ball away a couple of times. I’ve lost count of the amount of attacks he’s stopped before it’s even begun. Would love to see the stats on his tackles and interceptions today.

• Like 1

Youri and KDH have been excellent. Castagne really good too. Ndidi, vards and Justin seem to be a bit rustier than the rest. Back 3 have been pretty solid bar the Toney chance. 

Really pleased with that performance. 

Just now, Blue-fox said:

Playing well. Though Ndidi has had a poor half for me

if we’d had soumare or praet on instead we’d be even more dominating this. 

Good half overall, so can’t complain but brentford haven’t offered anything yet 

HA HA HA HA BHA 2 up at Man Ure!!

Talksport to dedicate 38 hours this week discussing this extinction event type scoreline and 17 minutes on the remaining 91 clubs.

Edited by sishades

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

In fairness Brentford have been non existent, we've not been that good imo, Brentford can't get out of 1st gear. Don't question our ability to throw a goal away here lol

Here we go. How about being ****ing positive for once! Kept the ball, hit the post, scored a goal. How much more you want?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Blue-fox said:

Had a poor 1st half of the first half. Some heavy touches with space in front of him and some poor passes. But after that he's been winning the ball and playing it off nicely.

Just now, Blue-fox said:

He looks rusty for sure. Dawdling on the ball a bit too much and / or giving away cheaply. Probably to be expected for someone that had less minutes than other players in preseason though. Even then he's won the ball back quite a few times.

Overall though we've played well despite not really having a stand-out player. Ward and Amartey looked secure, Tielemans and Castagne looking good, Maddison dangerous. KDH or Castagne the best players for me that half, they seem to be the ones causing problems.

Really, really enjoying seeing the pressing game return. If we press like that every game then despite the doom and gloom we can challenge for the European places.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Bit rusty in the first 15 or so but excellent since then. Should be 2 up.

This is why I don't want Youri going anywhere.

Conspiracy Theory time: The main reason you don't want Youri going anywhere is because you would have to change your username... :ph34r:

(He played well that half!)

• Haha 2

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

He looks rusty for sure. Dawdling on the ball a bit too much and / or giving away cheaply. Probably to be expected for someone that had less minutes than other players in preseason though. Even then he's won the ball back quite a few times.

Overall though we've played well despite not really having a stand-out player. Ward and Amartey looked secure, Tielemans and Castagne looking good, Maddison dangerous. KDH or Castagne the best players for me that half, they seem to be the ones causing problems.

Really, really enjoying seeing the pressing game return. If we press like that every game then despite the doom and gloom we can challenge for the European places.

The pressing has been really good and i’m glad it hasn’t been binned with the formation change. It will make all the difference this season. 

• Like 2