Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brentford H Match Thread

Very controlled effort. Impressed.

It just feel so much more safe with Fofana and Evans in form and at the back.

Shame Tielemans shot hit the post on not the net. A 2-0 lead would have felt so comfortable.

48 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

Could easily go two up top losing one of amartey, ndidi or kdh in second half if we need to Step it up. On a hot day like this. Using Albrighton, Thomas. Praet, Soyuncu, Iheanacho or Daka could really help us keep players fresh and go for games.

For me - KDH, Maddison, Tielemans look excellent. Ndidi needs to be brave on the ball when it's wide open to pass forward. 

Justin, Vardy, Amartey look rusty as does Fofana who has had to rely on his recovery pace a few times.

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

if we’d had soumare or praet on instead we’d be even more dominating this. 

Good half overall, so can’t complain but brentford haven’t offered anything yet 

Disagree with this to be honest, whilst Praet and Soumare do have better passing skills, you lose Ndidi’s ability to win the ball back all the time and they would be more threatening. 
As long as Ndid knows his role, win the ball back and give it to one of the other CMs or wing backs.

Good first half, more in control now need to push on and not let Brentford back in, I hate to give the negative bores the chance to carry on moaning. 

Ndidi hasn’t really had a pre season so looks a little rusty. 

Edited by Lesta Legend

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Conspiracy Theory time: The main reason you don't want Youri going anywhere is because you would have to change your username... :ph34r:

(He played well that half!)

That's exactly it! Although the 63 is the minute he scored in the FA Cup final so I might just keep it anyway!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Could easily go two up top losing one of amartey, ndidi or kdh in second half if we need to Step it up. On a hot day like this. Using Albrighton, Thomas. Praet, Soyuncu, Iheanacho or Daka could really help us keep players fresh and go for games.

For me - KDH, Maddison, Tielemans look excellent. Ndidi needs to be brave on the ball when it's wide open to pass forward. 

Justin, Vardy, Amartey look rusty as does Fofana who has had to rely on his recovery pace a few times.

Amartey has been absolutely fine

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Disagree with this to be honest, whilst Praet and Soumare do have better passing skills, you lose Ndidi’s ability to win the ball back all the time and they would be more threatening. 
As long as Ndid knows his role, win the ball back and give it to one of the other CMs or wing backs.

but do we need that with 3 centrebacks? 

maybe against the big 6 clubs but not brentford imo. we will have more possession so passing is more critical. 

we’ve got something to protect now though so it’s a nice asset to have. But I do feel like it’s a bit of a wasted position 

Fairly predictable. Lots of possession, mainly long range shots. The only unpredictable part was the scoring from a set piece, I like that addition :D

Ward very brave at Toney's feet when he wasted a massive opportunity for them.

KDH, Youri and Madders looking Sharp. Evans looking at his commanding best and Castagne getting into some good positions and chipping in with a goal.

Imagine Frank will change it half time as Brentford were pathetic for the most part. What's the point in playing football if you plan to just sit on the edge of your box and hope a long ball comes off.

Hopefully we come out all guns blazing and look to wrap it up in the first 15 mins. Also lol @ United.

1 minute ago, mod hero said:

Tielemans been great, we’re really gonna miss him

this is why i’ve said we shouldnt let him go to a rival for cheap… he’s got something to prove this year. I’d take a quality season of youri on loan for 20m.  not my cash though 

Edited by Lambert09

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

We should be flogging ndidi whilst we can, he’s on a worryingly downward trajectory since all the injuries. Doesn’t look the same player and also in this formation his lack of skill on the ball is costing us at times in transition

Unfortunately I think I agree. He’s done great for us but he’s starting to stick out like a sore thumb with his lack of ability on with the ball