Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Mobile - NFT Ticketing is SHIT

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Stupidly I signed up to this at the start of the season thinking it wasn't that bad. I've tried to change it but the club have refused saying they can see I've signed in successfully.

It's a right faff to get it working correctly - have to take my phone cover off (which is quite bulky as i smash my phone often) and it takes a good 20-30 seconds to work which is quite a long time when you're queueing to get in. I don't use Google wallet at all for this reason as its a pain.

Any advice on this?

Tell them you have changed phones from a smartphone to a non smart one so require a physical ticket?

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
19 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Tell them you have changed phones from a smartphone to a non smart one so require a physical ticket?

I could try but you should see the interrogation I got when asking to change initially. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah I have heard similar stories. 

It's baffling that they offer the option but are so stubborn when you shift. Mad how they treat supporters like trouble makers constantly.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

The contempt they seem to have for fans is borderline hilarious at times

Find it so frustrating, surely there's a better way

9 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I do at times feel sorry for the staff that have to front these policies. It can't be nice in a customer service role having to roll out stuff that works against supporters with next to no common sense or flexibility allowed. 

I must admit I do feel for many of the staff when these decisions are made. 

We've all likely been in a role where we've received a bollocking from someone for a decision that's come from way above.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I do at times feel sorry for the staff that have to front these policies. It can't be nice in a customer service role having to roll out stuff that works against supporters with next to no common sense or flexibility allowed. 

Surely the staff must give some sort of feedback to their superiors? 

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Stupidly I signed up to this at the start of the season thinking it wasn't that bad. I've tried to change it but the club have refused saying they can see I've signed in successfully.

It's a right faff to get it working correctly - have to take my phone cover off (which is quite bulky as i smash my phone often) and it takes a good 20-30 seconds to work which is quite a long time when you're queueing to get in. I don't use Google wallet at all for this reason as its a pain.

Any advice on this?

Can't stand these mobile tickets. Leeds at home scanned my phone to get my little one in with success. My ticket wouldn't scan. Had to go to ticket office and leave my kid inside as they wouldn't  let her out. At the ticket office , told them one worked , one didn't. Was asked where my daughter was as neither ticket had scanned. When I said she was in the ground the response was, she can't be neither have scanned. Am now at slightly  simmering point. Was then told I needed to get her out and bring her round to the office. Was then at a boiling point, walked back round to turnstile where a nice lady steward with actual brain cells was near the gate. Told her the situation , she called my little one over looked at my phone and let me in. Missed 20 minutes . Wouldn't have happened with paper tickets or card.

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Any advice on this?

Tell them you’ve smashed your phone and need a physical one off ticket. Did this multiple times last season. I do not recognise all the sob stories on here when dealing with the ticket office. Tell them what you reasonably want and how you want it 

Anyone else have a problem with the NFC working at the turnstile with their phone?

Phone works fine when shopping but can I get it to work with those turnstile receivers? Not a chance! 

I wonder if they are less sensitive than the machines in the shop perhaps. Can't think of another reason why they wouldn't work. 

3 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Anyone else have a problem with the NFC working at the turnstile with their phone?

Phone works fine when shopping but can I get it to work with those turnstile receivers? Not a chance! 

I wonder if they are less sensitive than the machines in the shop perhaps. Can't think of another reason why they wouldn't work. 

Men’s ST is the physical card but got the women’s season ticket on my phone and have the same problem as you. Shopping and tickets for other things work fine but will the receiver work at the KP? Not at all, every game I end up opening the QR code and putting it in the scanner instead

• Thanks 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
16 minutes ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

Men’s ST is the physical card but got the women’s season ticket on my phone and have the same problem as you. Shopping and tickets for other things work fine but will the receiver work at the KP? Not at all, every game I end up opening the QR code and putting it in the scanner instead

22 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Have exactly the same problem. Club have ignored my questions now sadly. Says I've scanned in successfully so they say it works despite the wait and several attempts to scan.

Beyond frustrated about it.

• 8 months later...
27 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

So one of the main instigators of this at our place has now left his position.

I'd love it if he left was because the club has decided that treating fans with contempt isn't a great idea after all, but I'm assuming he just left to take up another position...?