Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Mobile - NFT Ticketing is SHIT

2 hours ago, davieG said:

I suspect it's the commercial and accountants that are looking to squeeze every penny out of the commercial processes irrespective of the impact on fans. There seems to be a desperation from the financial side of the club and a lot of false justifications/reasons when really it's all about maximising revenues so maybe the club is on a financial precipice. If so lets hope it's not a deep one.

I don't know why anyone would want to buy food and drinks from inside the ground at all. Its poor value for money is limited in its choice and their refusal to accept cash is a bloody cheek. It is still legal tender.The commercial side of the club has always been third class but no one seems to care. It would be interesting to see how much revenue they actually take inside the concourses.

4 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

I don't know why anyone would want to buy food and drinks from inside the ground at all. Its poor value for money is limited in its choice and their refusal to accept cash is a bloody cheek. It is still legal tender.The commercial side of the club has always been third class but no one seems to care. It would be interesting to see how much revenue they actually take inside the concourses.

Probably very little as the concourse catering is all contracted out that's why they're milking all other parts of the matchday spend, replica kits, ticket prices, strict use of tickets. Even making it easier to spend without seeing it in cash form adds to their revenues.

It's case of look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

If this is the case then the supporter groups really need to kick up a fuss about this, maybe get age concern or age uk involved regarding how it discriminates against elderly supporters without smart phones. Also other organisations whose disabilities mean they have no use for a smart phone need to get involved. 

Looking on the leeds website a couple of weeks back it appears there you can share season tickets with other people on your friends and family list, surely that should be allowed as a minimum. 

I hope UFS will take the concerns to the club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sean2000 said:

Here's the rub. Giving your season ticket card to a friend is actually illegal and this is precisely what the club are trying to prevent you from doing. 

What they should do (in my opinion) is let you do it a number of times a season (say 3) but o my to friends and family. Prevents industrial reselling whilst catering for the odd game we can't make. 

Is it though? The club let people upgrade season tickets for matches when their kids can’t go and want to take a friend along instead. I’ve moved my dads ticket so I could take my lad into the family stand when my dad couldn’t make it before. I also know someone who regularly changes their sons ticket as he is at uni and can’t make it but doesn’t want to give his season ticket up.

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Ah, working is a different question! Season tickets are loaded into the wallet on a match by match basis, so need to be downloaded each time? I wonder…

Is that an emailed ticket for each match? Because if so all you need to do is forward the email on. 

5 hours ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Behind most decisions it seems there is a commercial drive hidden by either fluff ("making matchday more sustainable") or too many people happy to cheer lead for them ("it's no different to a Beyonce concert blah blah).

I got there early yesterday because of the train strikes (had to drive then park) and I felt like I was waiting in an airport, with the crappy big screen adverts for foreign lager, financial products and lounge music, all distracting enough to make chatting with people around you impossible.

It seems the club is doing everything it can just to make football as rubbish and sanitised as everything else in life and it will bite them on the arse massively when we are no longer doing well and the casual family support spending money on tat and over priced hotdogs disappears again.

Airports have paid for the club 

Guest David Oldfields Gate
2 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Airports have paid for the club 

Thanks.

When we get bought out by some chap who owns abbatoirs I look forward to being stunned with a bolt gun.

29 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Is that an emailed ticket for each match? Because if so all you need to do is forward the email on. 

Yes so for yesterday I clicked a link on a text message from lcfc and this loaded the soton ticket into apple wallet. I am now thinking, a) was the ticket already in apple Wallet and uploaded automatically or b) did it upload upon me clicking the link? As I made a last minute decision to attend the game. If option a, you can’t send on the nfc ticket, can only do it via Qr code sharing. If option b, even easier to share tickets.

Tbh mobile ticketing works much better for me sharing wise. I don’t trust idiotic mates taking my card and maybe losing it 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Don’t let the moaners put you off. Not had a single issue with NFC ticketing. Loads better than printing tickets at home.

You're right though, negativity is rife. Some warranted, some not.

It's definitely warranted. Mobile ticketing is fine for the majority, but it shouldn't be compulsory as it's discriminating against those without a phone, suitable phone or can't use a phone. 

Yes, I'll be fine with my smart phone but my uncle and his mate,  who've probably been going for longer than I've been alive, haven't got smart phones. There's an old fellow in front of us, who definitely has mobility/dexterity issues, unlikely to have a smart phone. As a trio they've probably got 100 years attendance but will be forced out because there's no physical ticket option. That's appalling. 

• Like 4

I don't get why sharing your season ticket card would be illegal anyway - you've bought one seat from the club for a season, they stand to lose nothing if you lend it to your cousin/mate every other fixture.

How is it harming anybody?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

I don't get why sharing your season ticket card would be illegal anyway - you've bought one seat from the club for a season, they stand to lose nothing if you lend it to your cousin/mate every other fixture.

How is it harming anybody?

Because people have banning orders or other restrictions that stop them attending football 

4 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Ah, working is a different question! Season tickets are loaded into the wallet on a match by match basis, so need to be downloaded each time? I wonder…

Right, I’m a dinosaur and opted for a season card this year but know it’s going to be on my dog at some point.

So to clear this up if you have a season card NFT on your dog you have to download it before every match day to your wallet?

Why can’t you just do it once at the start of the season and that’s it?

This sounds like an utter ball ache if I’ve got it right, no different to having to go and pick your season card up from the ticket office before every game.

1 minute ago, promised land said:

This sounds like an utter ball ache if I’ve got it right, no different to having to go and pick your season card up from the ticket office before every game.

It's quite different in the sense that it means there's no queues, it's all electronic so the e-mail will be sent out at a specific time before the game. Then it's up to you to download it on to your device in good time before you go to the stadium.

Can you imagine approx 31-32k people gathering at the ticket office and picking up their cards lol ?!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

has anybody tried scanning the QR codes to see if they actually work? If they do, nothing to stop an oldie printing one 

Do you think that's reasonable though? Stands to reason if they don't have a smart phone they won't have easy access to print stuff either. Why's it hard to admit it's unreasonable and wasn't asked for? 

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

It's quite different in the sense that it means there's no queues, it's all electronic so the e-mail will be sent out at a specific time before the game. Then it's up to you to download it on to your device in good time before you go to the stadium.

Can you imagine approx 31-32k people gathering at the ticket office and picking up their cards lol ?!

Yes but my point is you have to fart around doing this 19 times a season, can they not just send one email before the season starts that then goes into your wallet for every game.

I have got better things to do with my time than download a ticket every fortnight.

1 minute ago, promised land said:

Yes but my point is you have to fart around doing this 19 times a season, can they not just send one email before the season starts that then goes into your wallet for every game.

I have got better things to do with my time than download a ticket every fortnight.

It takes barely a few seconds to download it probably? 

Hardly that time-consuming.

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Do you think that's reasonable though? Stands to reason if they don't have a smart phone they won't have easy access to print stuff either. Why's it hard to admit it's unreasonable and wasn't asked for? 

FFS, sounds like you’re looking for problems mate 😂😂 it was print only for match day tickets all of last season and no biddies were moaning. I found that a massive pain in the arse.

I’ve agreed that ST should all be physical several times. It’s just match day tickets that I think make sense.

Edited by phoneticerror

30 minutes ago, promised land said:

Right, I’m a dinosaur and opted for a season card this year but know it’s going to be on my dog at some point.

So to clear this up if you have a season card NFT on your dog you have to download it before every match day to your wallet?

You’re supposed to download it once and it automatically updates for the next game. 

It didn’t work after the Brentford game, I rang the club there were issues and they talked me through a manual update, just pulled down and released on the expired Brentford ticket and it updated to Southampton.

Last night I got a notification that the Southampton ticket had expired, when I looked at my wallet it had already updated to the Man Utd game. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, promised land said:

It might be loaded onto your apple wallet before every game automatically, others may be able to confirm that. As it was yesterday I clicked a link from a text message that uploaded my ticket into my apple wallet. Not a ballache at all, not in the slightest. Less than one second of work involved in this. Tbh I know it’s not a popular opinion but I much prefer nfc. Easier to share tickets with mates and it’s apple wallet so your ticket is saved in the cloud, not a sh1tty loseable piece of plastic in your pocket 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

It might be loaded onto your apple wallet before every game automatically, others may be able to confirm that. As it was yesterday I clicked a link from a text message that uploaded my ticket into my apple wallet. Not a ballache at all, not in the slightest. Less than one second of work involved in this. Tbh I know it’s not a popular opinion but I much prefer nfc. Easier to share tickets with mates and it’s apple wallet so your ticket is saved in the cloud, not a sh1tty loseable piece of plastic in your pocket 

So basically the reason the club brought it in to try and stop can actially still be done and you can still let Wayne from work go when you are away on holiday?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Livid said:

You’re supposed to download it once and it automatically updates for the next game. 

It didn’t work after the Brentford game, I rang the club there were issues and they talked me through a manual update, just pulled down and released on the expired Brentford ticket and it updated to Southampton.

Last night I got a notification that the Southampton ticket had expired, when I looked at my wallet it had already updated to the Man Utd game. 

So you only do it once and then for every game it’s in your wallet, no faffing about.

Cheers, that’s all I needed to know.

• Like 1