Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Mobile - NFT Ticketing is SHIT

47 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

So basically the reason the club brought it in to try and stop can actially still be done and you can still let Wayne from work go when you are away on holiday?

Yes I guess so. Apologies if you and others, quite understandably, don’t like the sharing of tickets. But I’m not going to get to anywhere near all home matches and I am apprehensive of lending a physical card to someone. Now, I don’t mind literally anyone using having my ticket when I can’t go. It’s just a QR code 

I do have a life away from the city and occasionally go to gigs or other events when we’re at home. The way this season has started it won’t be a heartbreaking decisio:unsure:

My one regret about going digital is that I can’t pass the ticket onto my mate at work and let him endure the suffering and agony in my place. :D

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yes I guess so. Apologies if you and others, quite understandably, don’t like the sharing of tickets. But I’m not going to get to anywhere near all home matches and I am apprehensive of lending a physical card to someone. Now, I don’t mind literally anyone using having my ticket when I can’t go. It’s just a QR code 

Does the QR code thing work? 

On 08/08/2022 at 10:56, zdx said:

I may be wrong but I think the club want to avoid advertising that you can use the QR code to get in, as they want to push the NFT aspect (and the QR code is very easy way to ticket share). But yes, if you just scan the QR code attached to your NFT ticket, it works fine. 

OOh right, in that case it wasn't working for me. The staff who had somewhat of a clue asked me to show the bar code!

My mate went camping instead of coming to the Southampton match... Lucky him wish I had that foresight, so when I asked him to screen shot the QR code the app wouldn't let his phone screen shot.

In the end he got someone else to take a photo of the QR code and sent me that which luckily worked, I did test it out by using my wife's phone QR scanner first which picked it up as an actual QR code

• Like 2

If the QR scanners are on at the ground (presumably it's the old plastic card slot?) then can't see any reason a screenshot wouldn't work. Might have to make sure you pump up the screen brightness mind.

Personally all for having everything on my phone but it doesn't make sense to exclude those who don't want it on their phone. Wonder if they could link it to the bank card you pay for your ticket with and have that allow entry?

20 hours ago, Sean2000 said:

Here's the rub. Giving your season ticket card to a friend is actually illegal and this is precisely what the club are trying to prevent you from doing. 

What they should do (in my opinion) is let you do it a number of times a season (say 3) but o my to friends and family. Prevents industrial reselling whilst catering for the odd game we can't make. 

I don't think it is "illegal" but it does say in the T&Cs that your ticket should not be sold/transferred to anyone else without the club's express permission.

11 hours ago, Number 6 said:

If the QR scanners are on at the ground (presumably it's the old plastic card slot?) then can't see any reason a screenshot wouldn't work. Might have to make sure you pump up the screen brightness mind.

Personally all for having everything on my phone but it doesn't make sense to exclude those who don't want it on their phone. Wonder if they could link it to the bank card you pay for your ticket with and have that allow entry?

The plastic cards also worked on NFC not a QR code. So now essentially they are trying to get rid of the QR code readers but the plastic cards still work as they are NFC 

Edited by hejammy

19 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Probably best not to advertise the QR code thing too loudly will only lead to it getting cut out

How can they cut it out? For nfc to work there will always be a QR code behind it right? Or wrong? As long as there’s a QR code sharing is easy. I can’t be the only one who’s glad of nfc ticketing as it makes ticket sharing, and life, so much easier. 

15 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

How can they cut it out? For nfc to work there will always be a QR code behind it right? Or wrong? As long as there’s a QR code sharing is easy. I can’t be the only one who’s glad of nfc ticketing as it makes ticket sharing, and life, so much easier. 

NFC and QR are completely different. NFC is not reading info on the screen, whereas the QR does. In theory the QR could be printed and used that way. No similar option for NFC. The current ticket in the wallet looks like it has both options, but I don't know if there is a QR reader active at the gates.

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

NFC and QR are completely different. NFC is not reading info on the screen, whereas the QR does. In theory the QR could be printed and used that way. No similar option for NFC. The current ticket in the wallet looks like it has both options, but I don't know if there is a QR reader active at the gates.

My phone does not have NFC, so I have had no option but to use the QR code to get in. Not had any issues.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Number 6 said:

I understand they’re completely different but my question is whether there will always be a QR code generated with an active nfc ticket. There is a QR reader at the gate 

edit - for example my sisters bus pass in Leicester, nfc ticket with a QR code behind it. Means I can now use the qr code to skag onto the bus for free, and don’t have to show a physical card with a females face on and hope the driver doesn’t notice 

Edited by grobyfox1990

6 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I understand they’re completely different but my question is whether there will always be a QR code generated with an active nfc ticket. There is a QR reader at the gate 

edit - for example my sisters bus pass in Leicester, nfc ticket with a QR code behind it. Means I can now use the qr code to skag onto the bus for free, and don’t have to show a physical card with a females face on and hope the driver doesn’t notice 

I don't think an NFC ticket has to have a QR code behind it, but I don't think they would remove QR as an option because there needs to be a backup if, for whatever reason, the NFC scanner is not working.

E.g. For the Sevilla game my NFC didn't work and the first thing the steward directed me to do was use the QR code, which worked fine in the scanner where you used to put your ticket. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

My phone does not have NFC, so I have had no option but to use the QR code to get in. Not had any issues.

Excellent. Good option for non-phone users too then.

10 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I guess it could be removed. Suspect it would remain in case they had issues with the NFC tech, hope so anyway!

• Like 1

I went to buy some tickets online for my grand daughters to see the womens game. When I came to purchase them was stated that these are mobile ticket only. That's no good to me as they don't have mobiles! 

If I contact the ticket office can I get an emailed ticket that I can print out? 

As a season ticket holder I opted for the card. I hope they continue to offer these in the future. I do not like mobile ticketing or using a mobile as a payment device. Like the majority of us old people we hate changing our ways! 

On 22/08/2022 at 10:59, stripeyfox said:

I don't think it is "illegal" but it does say in the T&Cs that your ticket should not be sold/transferred to anyone else without the club's express permission.

It really is illegal. Section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 states that

It is an offence for an unauthorised person to sell, or offer or expose for sale, a ticket for a designated football match in any public place or place to which the public has access.  A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale.

Further legislation clarifies that this applies even if you give the ticket away for free. Your chance of being prosecuted is pretty slim, but this is why you need the club's permission...

• Like 1