Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Mobile - NFT Ticketing is SHIT

39 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I don’t get it?  It’s easy to share your E ticket?  What’s the big deal?  

My cousin went to Southampton when I was on holiday last week…

Took 5 seconds of my time to organise…

Yeh it’s much easier and safer to share mobile tickets but I don’t think that’s the argument. I think people are worried about old duffers that don’t have phones etc. it would be great if those who knew said old people rallied round and helped out, ie put the old persons ticket on your phone and enter the ground with them. Bit of community spirit to fight back 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sean2000 said:

It really is illegal. Section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 states that

It is an offence for an unauthorised person to sell, or offer or expose for sale, a ticket for a designated football match in any public place or place to which the public has access.  A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale.

Further legislation clarifies that this applies even if you give the ticket away for free. Your chance of being prosecuted is pretty slim, but this is why you need the club's permission...

Maybe the season ticket holder is classed as authorised? As the club willingly and knowingly let it happen either by upgrading tickets (kids to adult) or moving tickets. I’ve done it numerous times and I know others who have children at uni or partners working away who regularly ring up to change tickets.

7 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Maybe the season ticket holder is classed as authorised? As the club willingly and knowingly let it happen either by upgrading tickets (kids to adult) or moving tickets. I’ve done it numerous times and I know others who have children at uni or partners working away who regularly ring up to change tickets.

The club becomes the authorised seller when they change the ticket. It's still technically illegal to lend someone your season ticket.

1 hour ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

The club becomes the authorised seller when they change the ticket. It's still technically illegal to lend someone your season ticket.

Ah yes, hadn’t thought of it like that. However I don’t think it’s something the club (any club or the authorities) have been overly concerned about in the past. 

54 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Ah yes, hadn’t thought of it like that. However I don’t think it’s something the club (any club or the authorities) have been overly concerned about in the past. 

Given how easy it was a few years ago to send someone just the voucher out of my season ticket book and that was enough to get them into the game about a decade ago, I agree.

3 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

When you do it through the club you are, by definition, getting permission from the club. It's doing it privately (it sharing cards) that's not allowed and what they are (allegedly) trying to make harder.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Do people really feel that strongly about a ticket stub?

Well these Europeans are traditionalists, they still stand and shout and sing and stuff like that.

I think their set up relies on a bit of swapping, touting etc so mobile tickets might bollox them a bit.

But, the first part was more relevant than souvenir ticket stubs,, the main concerns are about misuse of data and invasive personalization. Good on them, too many confuse adapting to the modern world with becoming a corporate bitch.

14 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yeh it’s much easier and safer to share mobile tickets but I don’t think that’s the argument. I think people are worried about old duffers that don’t have phones etc. it would be great if those who knew said old people rallied round and helped out, ie put the old persons ticket on your phone and enter the ground with them. Bit of community spirit to fight back 

The old people cant possibly wave a mobile phone in the direction of a shiny box thing is  strawmanning the anti camp a tad.  Some right dickhead posters here focus on that a lot (I have seen you comment on the subject a few times but I dont remember nor am I implying any dickheadedness of any sort on your part)

Sure some geriatrics might struggle with the turnstyle and a fair amount will be lost with google pay and latest operating systems and how many here , young or old, dont know the difference between NFT and NFC?

People will rally round and help out them that need it. How many 70 tear olds have been found dead of hypothermia outside the turnstyles?

I have adapted from electronic barrleships to a binatone console, atari, Zx spectrum, Nintendo, PS 1 and up but I now draw the line at this loot box, pay to win shiite, it dont mean I am too old and docile to adapt.

The issue with LCFC and the new system is that they sprung it  and failed to explain it properly (typical, we need to be seen do something to justify our jobs mentality) It could have been introduced next season with proper warning

The issue with compulsary pay or tickets by mobile phone...... A cashless society should be available to all, especially in regards to the price and renewal of technology. This is like making people buy an expensive  new wallet or not be allowed into a shop. Some people love their invasive shiny spy wallets but I got my doubts

Edited by He aint bald
spelling, context requires so much more
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Old duffers? :nigel:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, He aint bald said:

Well these Europeans are traditionalists, they still stand and shout and sing and stuff like that.

I think their set up relies on a bit of swapping, touting etc so mobile tickets might bollox them a bit.

But, the first part was more relevant than souvenir ticket stubs,, the main concerns are about misuse of data and invasive personalization. Good on them, too many confuse adapting to the modern world with becoming a corporate bitch.

The old people cant possibly wave a mobile phone in the direction of a shiny box thing is  strawmanning the anti camp a tad.  Some right dickhead posters here focus on that a lot (I have seen you comment on the subject a few times but I dont remember nor am I implying any dickheadedness of any sort on your part)

Sure some geriatrics might struggle with the turnstyle and a fair amount will be lost with google pay and latest operating systems and how many here , young or old, dont know the difference between NFT and NFC?

People will rally round and help out them that need it. How many 70 tear olds have been found dead of hypothermia outside the turnstyles?

I have adapted from electronic barrleships to a binatone console, atari, Zx spectrum, Nintendo, PS 1 and up but I now draw the line at this loot box, pay to win shiite, it dont mean I am too old and docile to adapt.

The issue with LCFC and the new system is that they sprung it  and failed to explain it properly (typical, we need to be seen do something to justify our jobs mentality) It could have been introduced next season with proper warning

The issue with compulsary pay or tickets by mobile phone...... A cashless society should be available to all, especially in regards to the price and renewal of technology. This is like making people buy an expensive  new wallet or not be allowed into a shop. Some people love their invasive shiny spy wallets but I got my doubts

Fair enough on the springing it on us point. They should have had an ‘open day’ pre season where you can come and test the nfc at the turnstiles.

im biased of course as this system works wonders for me as it’s so much easier to share my ticket. But I still think football is the least of your issues in regards to a move to a digital world. People will need a phone to bank, save, get a taxi, show covid proof, literally live life going forward. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Fair enough on the springing it on us point. They should have had an ‘open day’ pre season where you can come and test the nfc at the turnstiles.

im biased of course as this system works wonders for me as it’s so much easier to share my ticket. But I still think football is the least of your issues in regards to a move to a digital world. People will need a phone to bank, save, get a taxi, show covid proof, literally live life going forward. 

I will avoid another essay Groby, though I easily have 5000 words in me for several socio economic culteral aspects of the invasive effects of mobile phones.

Will stick to just a note In regards to sexual health,

The competition ringing her has cost me atleast 3 shags..... .and a family death another..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, He aint bald said:

I will avoid another essay Groby, though I easily have 5000 words in me for several socio economic culteral aspects of the invasive effects of mobile phones.

Will stick to just a note In regards to sexual health,

The competition ringing her has cost me atleast 3 shags..... .and a family death another..

Oh yeh totally agreed on that point, phones taking over our lives is very unnerving. Would rather lose a kidney than my phone. All seems, like death and paying taxes to this lot in charge, kinda inevitable 

• Like 1

On 31/08/2022 at 09:41, demon_dog said:

What do you do if you don't have a smartphone? 

Well, I have a smartphone, a Nokia 2.2 but I always get the message that this device does not support Google Pay (you can add a credit card but you cannot then tap and pay). Also I am unable to activate NFT technology on the phone.

Don't particularly want to splash out on a new phone. Will probably have to turn up early with my photo ID and join the queue at the ticket office. :mad:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Three supporters groups are meeting with the club regarding these this week.

Can they focus on arguing that we need a new manager instead please.

Right now ticket method isn’t that important. I’d be happy for the club to tattoo a QR code onto my cock at this point if they got rid of Brendan at the same time.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Can they focus on arguing that we need a new manager instead please.

Right now ticket method isn’t that important. I’d be happy for the club to tattoo a QR code onto my cock at this point if they got rid of Brendan at the same time.

I think the reader is a tadge too high.

• Haha 1

On 29/08/2022 at 12:04, Wolfox said:

I don’t get it?  It’s easy to share your E ticket?  What’s the big deal?  

My cousin went to Southampton when I was on holiday last week…

Took 5 seconds of my time to organise…

I too would hypothetically like to know how this would be hypothetically achieved. Hypothetically. Maybe via a DM. 

• Like 1

On 29/08/2022 at 12:45, grobyfox1990 said:

How do you share them?  It says it can only be downloaded to one phone