Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Mobile - NFT Ticketing is SHIT

32 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

I’ve hypothetically tried to delete it on my phone and download it on an old spare but it doesn’t work at all. 

i think if hypothetically, you made a google wallet account and downloaded into there and then somehow your account was hypothetically compromised by somebody guessing your password, it might hypothetically work on their phone too

• Haha 1

I opted for the card but my womens season ticket is mobile.

From what I can gather from the womens game at the weekend is that some phones automatically show the QR code others don’t. The chap in front of me had a QR code showing and it wasn’t working when he tapped it so I told him to stick his phone in the reader slot and then it worked. Mine didn’t automatically show the QR code and it worked by just tapping.

It appears that match tickets will be emailed out on a match by match basis. Therefore sharing tickets should be just a matter of forwarding that email on to whoever you wish to share the ticket with for them to download. Don’t download it yourself. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

i think if hypothetically, you made a google wallet account and downloaded into there and then somehow your account was hypothetically compromised by somebody guessing your password, it might hypothetically work on their phone too

Does this hypothetically work on iPhone?

2 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I opted for the card but my womens season ticket is mobile.

From what I can gather from the womens game at the weekend is that some phones automatically show the QR code others don’t. The chap in front of me had a QR code showing and it wasn’t working when he tapped it so I told him to stick his phone in the reader slot and then it worked. Mine didn’t automatically show the QR code and it worked by just tapping.

It appears that match tickets will be emailed out on a match by match basis. Therefore sharing tickets should be just a matter of forwarding that email on to whoever you wish to share the ticket with for them to download. Don’t download it yourself. 

To clarify your points. QR codes are essentially a modern day barcode that contain more data. The QR code is accessed via your Google or Apple Wallet by clicking on 'Show Code', it doesn't appear automatically. QR codes can only communicate the data contained within by being scanned, they don't transmit data via radio frequency so can't be presented to an NFC receiver. 

By default digital season tickets use a technology called Near Field Communication (NFC), which electronically sends data over a very short distance, hence why you have to present your phone to the receiver upon entry. The tickets in your wallet automatically update to the next game after every game (I believe it's around 6pm) so you shouldn't need to download anything. 

Point being is that both technologies will enable access but only work in a specific way. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

To clarify your points. QR codes are essentially a modern day barcode that contain more data. The QR code is accessed via your Google or Apple Wallet by clicking on 'Show Code', it doesn't appear automatically. QR codes can only communicate the data contained within by being scanned, they don't transmit data via radio frequency so can't be presented to an NFC receiver. 

By default digital season tickets use a technology called Near Field Communication (NFC), which electronically sends data over a very short distance, hence why you have to present your phone to the receiver upon entry. The tickets in your wallet automatically update to the next game after every game (I believe it's around 6pm) so you shouldn't need to download anything. 

Point being is that both technologies will enable access but only work in a specific way. 

Does this work ok alongside Bluetooth which I have permanently connected to my hearing aids?

49 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

I have the google wallet - and I can tap show code to see the QR... but I cannot screen shot it ("for security reasons") - so I am not sure how I can share the QR code with a mate.

When you get to the turnstyle then are you able to put  a phone displaying the QR code int he scanner?

3rd question - my villa ticket now says expired - when will they send a new one? and how?

18 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I have the google wallet - and I can tap show code to see the QR... but I cannot screen shot it ("for security reasons") - so I am not sure how I can share the QR code with a mate.

When you get to the turnstyle then are you able to put  a phone displaying the QR code int he scanner?

3rd question - my villa ticket now says expired - when will they send a new one? and how?

Firstly, I think (don't hold me to it) that given the sensitive nature of the items stored in a wallet for security reasons Google and Apple prevent screenshots so you won't be able to overcome this. 

With regards to your second point, I presume so yes, but I'm not sure of the dimensions of the gap in the scanner where you used to place your card and whether that is big enough to take a phone. I suspect it would be otherwise it seems pointless giving you access to the QR code unless the gate stewards have access to a handheld scanner to scan you through. 

With regards to your final point, the tickets are normally pushed to your device over the air around 6pm after the date of the last game. I've checked my Google wallet and my ticket is showing as the Forest game. If this hasn't updated, that's odd. You might need to clear the cache on your wallet. 

Edited by ian__marshall

16 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Firstly, I think (don't hold me to it) that given the sensitive nature of the items stored in a wallet for security reasons Google and Apple prevent screenshots so you won't be able to overcome this. 

With regards to your second point, I presume so yes, but I'm not sure of the dimensions of the gap in the scanner where you used to place your card and whether that is big enough to take a phone. I suspect it would be otherwise it seems pointless giving you access to the QR code unless the gate stewards have access to a handheld scanner to scan you through. 

With regards to your final point, the tickets are normally pushed to your device over the air around 6pm after the date of the last game. I've checked my Google wallet and my ticket is showing as the Forest game. If this hasn't updated, that's odd. You might need to clear the cache on your wallet. 

Thanks ian.

It was a one off ticket for villa... i had to download it to my phone 

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Hopefully they can ask how the queues for entry seem to be getting longer each game with these digital tickets as I would imagine that everyone who goes would know how to use these by now after 5 games 

Edited by jammie82uk

11 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Hopefully they can ask how the queues for entry seem to be getting longer each game with these digital tickets as I would imagine that everyone who goes would know how to use these by now after 5 games 

Several people in front of us on Monday night couldn't get their code to scan. Now, they all had a QR code, so can't be sure if it was because they'd got the tickets from elsewhere rather than purchased themselves. All were told they had to go to the ticket office. That obviously caused a back up in the queue - outside SK4.