Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Mobile - NFT Ticketing is SHIT

54 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

lol If they were unaware that it was still possible they really are ****ing useless then. 

Not only that but I’ve heard from another STH that you can ring the club, say you’re nfc pass has expired on your phone, and ask them to resend the link to download. Send this email on to whoever wants your ticket and voila. I’ve said on this thread before but as someone who doesn’t get to every match and previously didn’t want to lend my card to scatter brain friends, nfc ticketing is a god send. 

• Like 2

Had my brothers ticket emailed to me as well as mine. Opened up on my phone to check it was OK and big error as he couldn't open it then on his phone. So he had to pass my phone back to me through the turnstile so it could read both tickets.

Very faffy. I can see why it is being done to save on paper but have to take things like battery charge on the phone in to account to make sure I would get in. 

As a dinosaur it seems we put everything about our lives in to our mobiles. If it breaks or gets stolen we are screwed. 

14 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Had my brothers ticket emailed to me as well as mine. Opened up on my phone to check it was OK and big error as he couldn't open it then on his phone. So he had to pass my phone back to me through the turnstile so it could read both tickets.

Very faffy. I can see why it is being done to save on paper but have to take things like battery charge on the phone in to account to make sure I would get in. 

As a dinosaur it seems we put everything about our lives in to our mobiles. If it breaks or gets stolen we are screwed. 

I have two tickets on my phone too. I scan and my dad goes through then I scan again and i go through last. No need to be passing phones through turnstiles. Battery charge will be a weak excuse to the club, its been a long time since ive heard anyone say 'phones dead' or 'run out of data this month' - the fact my entire life is on my phone is more worrying. I would rather lose a kidney than my phone.

43 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I have two tickets on my phone too. I scan and my dad goes through then I scan again and i go through last. No need to be passing phones through turnstiles. Battery charge will be a weak excuse to the club, its been a long time since ive heard anyone say 'phones dead' or 'run out of data this month' - the fact my entire life is on my phone is more worrying. I would rather lose a kidney than my phone.

My phones on its last legs, been promising to get myself a new one for a while now, but if I’ve not bought a new one by next season I’ll be hoping for plenty of early kick offs before the battery dies lol 

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

And that's with only a minority using them! Dread to think what it will be like when they become mandatory next season. 

It will be atleast a quarter using them I think. 23k season tickets so minimum a thousand or so using them now. But all single match ticket fans have to use nfc so I that’ll be 6k odd. I don’t think lcfc intention with nfc ticketing was to speed up entry 

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I don’t think lcfc intention with nfc ticketing was to speed up entry 

What do you think is their motive then because it's not saving a lot of material doing away with ST cards?

4 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

You still rock up down the ground to massive queues. It's certainly not sped anything up.

Odd cos after the Southampton game when there were all the issues and queues because it was 'new', the issues seemed to go after that. At least in the area of the ground I'd go in (West Stand, C block). 

I wonder if it was linked to the issue someone raised the other day about the 'expired' issue or it not appearing in the wallet in the correct space. I know for one issue the club did email out about a solution for one of them. 

I've been to all 8 home games with my son this season, his ticket is on my phone as he doesn't have one, I scan him through before me and then scan myself through, takes no more than 10 seconds to get us both through, not had a single issue to date. I think it's a brilliant move from the club and saves on having to send tickets in the post, getting lost in the post, loosing a ticket at home or loosing is on the way to the ground. I know with technology there are always issues but the benefits far out weigh any technical issues

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

It will be atleast a quarter using them I think. 23k season tickets so minimum a thousand or so using them now. But all single match ticket fans have to use nfc so I that’ll be 6k odd. I don’t think lcfc intention with nfc ticketing was to speed up entry 

Yeah, all match by match and about 10% season tickets took up the option. 

They're looking for "feedback" on them which is hilarious because they've already made it very clear they're here to stay for everyone regardless of whatever "feedback" they get. Comes from the very Top. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

What do you think is their motive then because it's not saving a lot of material doing away with ST cards?

No coincidence it comes on line along with the ticket re-sale. 

Simply, make it harder to pass your ticket on to someone else, so you sell it back to the club for £22 and then they can sell it for £45, doubling their money. 

• Like 4

I really don't think the nft is mostly to blame. To a degree it is, some folk will never grasp technology so I can't understand why they opted for the nft ticket (I use it, never an issue getting in) 

But the waiting outside the ground is more down to there being 6 gates per entrance, and the hire-a-tool security they use insist on searching nearly everyone and to top it off they force people to queue but only guide them to the first gate either side, instead of utilizing all 6 

2 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I think to stop people ticket swapping, but there are many more on here more clued up than me on the subject 

When told at a meeting that tickets can still be passed on despite being online the staff there jaws about hit the floor. They clearly thought they had foiled all that with this.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

When told at a meeting that tickets can still be passed on despite being online the staff there jaws about hit the floor. They clearly thought they had foiled all that with this.

As I've said before - it's not my area of expertise how to do it but my general assumption with everything that's on phones; give it about 2 days, maybe a week, and someone will figure out how to do it. 

What was their response?

17 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

As I've said before - it's not my area of expertise how to do it but my general assumption with everything that's on phones; give it about 2 days, maybe a week, and someone will figure out how to do it. 

What was their response?

Not a great deal really.

Like others have said Im amazed they look to be ploughing on despite the low take up.

54 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

What was their response?

You can take a picture of the QR code on the ticket and share it. 

You just have to enter it in the slot not hold it up 

The tickets have an NFC and QR code functionality.

It’s actually much easier than sharing a physical ticket as you don’t have to arrange collection etc

Edited by MattFox

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah, all match by match and about 10% season tickets took up the option. 

They're looking for "feedback" on them which is hilarious because they've already made it very clear they're here to stay for everyone regardless of whatever "feedback" they get. Comes from the very Top. 

Or feedback on how to make it better? 

• 1 month later...
On 28/12/2022 at 12:48, MattFox said:

You can take a picture of the QR code on the ticket and share it. 

You just have to enter it in the slot not hold it up 

The tickets have an NFC and QR code functionality.

It’s actually much easier than sharing a physical ticket as you don’t have to arrange collection etc

Surely it's one of the smart QR codes that updates every few seconds, I very much doubt this will work.

On 28/10/2022 at 15:45, grobyfox1990 said:

Not only that but I’ve heard from another STH that you can ring the club, say you’re nfc pass has expired on your phone, and ask them to resend the link to download. Send this email on to whoever wants your ticket and voila. I’ve said on this thread before but as someone who doesn’t get to every match and previously didn’t want to lend my card to scatter brain friends, nfc ticketing is a god send. 

They now send details of how to update an expired ticket so I assume this avenue has now been closed down.