Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Mobile - NFT Ticketing is SHIT

• 5 months later...
8 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Or maybe it’s says that football is different, and it shouldn’t be treated like going to a gig or another event.

How is it different? Not arguing, just interested in your view.

There seems to be more entrances to get people in if anything. If it works for the O2 arena etc surely it can work for Hillsborough?

I suppose the main issue is everybody turning up 10 mins before kick off, but scanning a phone and ticket are very similar. Don’t they have NFT at Tigers these days?

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, westernpark said:

It’s just more the intangible factors that present, prior to a supporter ending up at those turnstiles. Those factors are considered as acts of heritage and tradition, that you wouldn’t have at some of the other events listed. For instance, tonight a Sheffield Wednesday supporter who has been going for about 40 years, might have the same traditions and rituals prior to a match that mean they don’t turn up to the turnstiles until 10 minutes to kick off. That tradition of the chippy, couple of pints in the pub, are not formalised and interred as tradition, for something like attending at a comedy gig at De Montfort Hall. That’s just my way of thinking about it, I realise heritage and tradition is a personal experience for everyone and individuals may have different opinions. Even a turnstile is a heritage asset and having someone not taking your money or your ticket stub, like they’ve stopped at Filbert Way, is a change.

I’m not a fan personally. I’ve never had a problem with digital tickets as I say, but I prefer a physical card and tickets.

12 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

It says more about the people trying to get in, because I’ve been to concerts and other digital only events and it’s always been fine. Do it down the footeh, different story

Maybe because football has an older demographic who are not used to spending their whole existence looking at a phone.

Horses for Courses

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

So what do you do without NFC? Head to the ticket office? Or do you scan a QR code? It'll be my first time tomorrow without NFC. 

If you're doing mobile ticket without NFC, I think you scan the QR code like you would a paper ticket

Do we think that there will be that much of an increase in mobile ticketing tomorrow? I'd imagine given the negativity around NFC last year that very few people who had ST cards will have changed to mobile ticket. And probably quite a few will have changed from mobile ticket to card. 

I could be wrong but I think it'll be a similar situation at the turnstiles tomorrow to any other game last year.

4 minutes ago, zdx said:

Do we think that there will be that much of an increase in mobile ticketing tomorrow? I'd imagine given the negativity around NFC last year that very few people who had ST cards will have changed to mobile ticket. And probably quite a few will have changed from mobile ticket to card. 

I could be wrong but I think it'll be a similar situation at the turnstiles tomorrow to any other game last year.

Once you have mobile ticketing I don't think you can go back to physical card? 

14 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

It says more about the people trying to get in, because I’ve been to concerts and other digital only events and it’s always been fine. Do it down the footeh, different story

Agreed but a lot of gigs I get in a little earlier to get a decent spot.I can get a drink at the bar and take it to where I stand or my seat. You can’t do that at football. 

You can turn up early at the football for long queues, awful beer and overpriced catering, then stand on a crowded concourse resting your beer on a ledge. 

The only real incentive for me to turn up early at the football is to avoid a queue.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Anyone know if you can use NFC ticket on more than one phone? 

Hypothetically if I lost my phone with my mobile tickets on them, could I use it on a new phone? 

Anyone with mobile ticket work arounds let me know :thumbup:

If using Google wallet, you can just log into your Google account on a different phone and your ticket will be available on that.

Not sure how it works with iPhones, mind.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fosse93 said:

If using Google wallet, you can just log into your Google account on a different phone and your ticket will be available on that.

Not sure how it works with iPhones, mind.

If it's similar to last year, as long as the match ticket hasn't been downloaded to the device it should be fine to login to another Google wallet etc 

• Thanks 1