Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Mobile - NFT Ticketing is SHIT

18 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

How is it different? Not arguing, just interested in your view.

There seems to be more entrances to get people in if anything. If it works for the O2 arena etc surely it can work for Hillsborough?

I suppose the main issue is everybody turning up 10 mins before kick off, but scanning a phone and ticket are very similar. Don’t they have NFT at Tigers these days?

This is one of the main things, especially night games. Loads of people don't get out of work til 6, there's a scramble for parking spaces and everyone heading to the stiles at about the same time. Most gigs there's a general trickle of people over an hour or two, most of whom have been able to park at or next to the venue. The scanning time itself isn't the issue it's having it ready before you get to the door. People usually have tickets to hand but phones need fingerprints, passwords/codes entering, a few seconds to find the right app or link on screen and even the time to realise what bit needs to scan. It doesn't sound a lot but add 20-30 seconds to all those people entering the stadium and it soon adds up. I watched a lot of people doing it last season and there's a lot of fumbling around in that turnstile area, especially when the Showsec Gestapo are doing bag and body searches at the same time.

46 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It's simple though really isn't it, have it ready while you're waiting in the queue. When the person 2 in front of you in the queue is entering get it ready then.

It's like when you're waiting in the queue at the petrol station or a cash point, why does it only take you the bare minimum in time to do what you need to do, but the person in front of you seems to take an age? It's because no one gives a toss about anyone else in the queue other than themselves. Like a merge in turn when a lane is closed because of road works.......

Scanning your phone is no different to scanning a ticket, yet people who have a ticket can have it in their hand before they get to the actual scanning point but people with a phone can't? 

You answered it all in the middle paragraph. How many times do you see people pay for stuff and count out loose change to a cashier or take ages finding their card or wait til everything's been scanned before they start bagging? You cannot get people to do anything with common sense or in a sensible way. The people this affects/afflicts are the 50-80 age bracket who haven't spent their adult lives using smart phones. And there are a lot of people who won't get their phone out in the street and bring up the mobile ticket because they need to stop and check what they're doing first. What you're saying is all correct but it doesn't allow for the human factor.

1 minute ago, foxy tiler said:

Daft question but how does this work if someone wants to lend me their ticket and can't make a midweek game for instance.?

There's something on the website about it, I think you can only "transfer" your ticket so many times per season, i might be wrong though.

It's one of the reasons why I still opted for a physical ticket, if I can't make it, I can lend it to my mate or my step dad without having to worry about it 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

There's something on the website about it, I think you can only "transfer" your ticket so many times per season, i might be wrong though.

It's one of the reasons why I still opted for a physical ticket, if I can't make it, I can lend it to my mate or my step dad without having to worry about it 

They have to be a member now

Apart from not easily transferring my ticket to someone else when I can't make it, I didn't have any issues with the mobile option and found it easy. I checked before I leave the house that it's updated to the correct game and my phone is charged. Worked every time. 

Makes me laugh when I see people turning their phone screen to the NFC reader

Edited by fox_favourite

3 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Apart from not easily transferring my ticket to someone else when I can't make it, I didn't have any issues with the mobile option and found it easy. I checked before I leave the house that it's updated to the correct game and my phone is charged. Worked every time. 

Makes me laugh when I see people turning their phone screen to the NFC reader

I have a physical card but I often find that when using a store card on my phone when I get near the check out or the self serving ones that I need to log in even though were possible i tick stay logged in and I find that it can take a while connecting to the data source in a busy store.

I know it's almost impossible to use your phone in the stadium so is this likely to be a problem at the turnstiles?

Just now, davieG said:

I have a physical card but I often find that when using a store card on my phone when I get near the check out or the self serving ones that I need to log in even though were possible i tick stay logged in and I find that it can take a while connecting to the data source in a busy store.

I know it's almost impossible to use your phone in the stadium so is this likely to be a problem at the turnstiles?

Ticket just needs to be downloaded into your Google/apple wallet so should involve no logging in or signal buffering. Just like using a train ticket on Trainline or your card on your phone  etc 

9 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

They’ve printed in the past - just a ball ache and more queuing to collect 

Sometimes this club makes me angry. Just allow people to print tickets at home if they wish. I purchased my phone in 2020 and to have easy access I have to purchase a new phone 😑

13 minutes ago, davieG said:

Hence why I check before I leave home. Once it's downloaded, it doesn't need an Internet connection as all the information is on the ticket that you downloaded. So as long as your NFC is on (or your phone has it) you're fine. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, supernuk said:

If your phone doesn't support NFC my Honor 9x doesn't.. How do you get in 😂🙄

The honor 9x should have NFC, it's release date was 2019. 

Edit - I take it back, it doesn't have NFC?! Wow. No Google pay for you then!! :matty:

Edited by fox_favourite

22 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

The honor 9x should have NFC, it's release date was 2019. 

Edit - I take it back, it doesn't have NFC?! Wow. No Google pay for you then!! :matty:

It 100% doesn't unfortunately mate. Google pay never really been arsed about tbf. I'm not anti tech but tapping a bank card is fine by me. 

It's just unfortunate that my phone doesn't have it , you're right for the year it was realised its mad it hasnt.