Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Mobile - NFT Ticketing is SHIT

Turn NFC off, screenshot the ticket (as QR code is then on the ticket) place under the scanner and it works. Our group have done it twice already and it's fine. If anything it's actually easier to share the tickets especially like us you don't live close to each other to pass them over. 

• Like 3

I don’t have an issue with the technology.  Once the ticket is opened it’s as quick to wave your phone at the reader as wave the card.  It works for me equally well with my phone or my watch.

As has been said before, the club wants to be able to keep track of who is sitting in a particular seat, presumably in case there is trouble.  All PL Clubs are the same in this regard.  Two or more people sharing a season ticket shouldn’t matter to the club because every game more or less sells out so there is no loss of revenue and if I lend my ticket to a mate because I can’t go, the club at least potentially makes something from merch and catering.  What they don’t want is me selling my ticket every week on the black market to some randomer for say £40 a pop.

So my suggestion would be:

- Unlimited forwarding within a small group, say 4 for arguments sake.

- Stress that I am responsible for the behaviour of anyone I forward my ticket to.

- Continue with the option of the official resale platform as it is.

12 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Turn NFC off, screenshot the ticket (as QR code is then on the ticket) place under the scanner and it works. Our group have done it twice already and it's fine. If anything it's actually easier to share the tickets especially like us you don't live close to each other to pass them over. 

You could even try and print off the QR code and scan it on the reader.

You never know it might work😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CUJimmy said:

So my suggestion would be:

- Unlimited forwarding within a small group, say 4 for arguments sake.

- Stress that I am responsible for the behaviour of anyone I forward my ticket to.

- Continue with the option of the official resale platform as it is.

The stupid thing from the Club ... is that this has effectively always been the case anyway, with physical cards, tickets or whatever.

If I lend my Season Ticket to anyone, then I am absolutely responsible for their behaviour in respect of Club rules.    If they misbehave, I'm going to lose my season ticket.

• Like 1