Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Mobile - NFT Ticketing is SHIT

14 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

These thing are great in principle, but cause so much hassle in reality. What was actually wrong with having one old geezer at a turnstile, now we seem to have half a dozen little hitlers from the bomb squad acting like they own the place. And what’s with all the stewards at the side of the pitch in sk1 at the end of the game.

Did you see how many staff stood in the ambulance entrance throughout? Must have been 20 odd

I was in SK1 and didn't have any issues with the mobile tickets, the queues were longer due to people not being able to get through but it was just like using apple pay at the shop. Double tap off button and click on the ticket then scan. worked just like that. 

It's going to be an absolute nightmare when we start playing cup games. The option to retain a season ticket card means that those that don't have a phone capable of it working, or don't want to install the pay apps, can carry on as before. 

However, if the club insist on all those season ticket holders with cards using their phones as tickets for cup games, there's going to be a lot of empty seats, and probably complete chaos at the turnstiles.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

To be fair it was a silly idea having free beers today especially when people aren’t allowed inside with them, so you just get people hanging outside drinking their beer. 

You wouldn't be allowed your beer inside anyway would you? 

Worked fine where I was in the West Stand. Got there about 1.15. 

Guy in front of us put his card in the slot, steward was there and said tap it on the top, and then went in. 

It really is that simple.

Maybe stewards should have been more proactive around the stadium. Maybe the club could have been more proactive in stating how this has changed. 

Some users could use a bit of their brain though... 

14 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Probably because they have changed how they work as well

Before you used to put your ST card into the little slot thing, now you tap it

I was the one trying to slip it in like the last 10 years!

Now I know you just tap it!

10 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

Like your sense of timing, why should we wait for you just because you want to arrive at the last moment 

You wouldnt just be waiting for me would you? There were hundreds if not thousands of people still outside because of the shit system that they've put in. 

Why try to fix something something that wasn't broken in the first place?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Just waiting now for the club to come out and say thanks for all your help on Sunday re the mobile ticketing it passed off well with no problems.

Feed anything here back to the club then. 

If they don't know what any of the issues were then yeah they will make the statement...

53 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

How can you lend you ticket if you dont have one?

Gen z havent thought this thru

Screenshot of QR code works, some one i know tried it yesterday

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

There’s a sensible middle ground between ‘the system is completely inoperable’ and ‘our fans are all idiots’ is that it wasn’t communicated well enough or there wasn’t enough assistance on hand to ensure fans weren’t stuck without a clue. Just get an extra body or two around each turnstile area going up and down the front of each queue explaining what people need to do. I’ve seen it regularly at gigs and shows where you’ll have a staff member going down the line asking people to have x, y and z ready and what to expect at the front. 

I’m sure it makes some feel superior but our fanbase is no more stupid than any other, and hundreds of events get their entry system down fine without massive waiting times. 

It’s a new system and there’s plenty of folk 40+ who have probably never used NFT ticketing before, don’t check their emails so haven’t seen anything before the game. It’s not hard to have someone standing to the side explaining they just need to open it and tap it. 

It's a change that just wasn't necessary though. Such a shame Top is pushing so hard on it.

• Like 1

The tech worked fine for me…. Queues were very big…. A few people looked a little confused about what to do and they’ll learn

Top Tip - My nephew went instead of my daughter, so I screen shot the QR code (when you you the three dots above the ticket in your Apple Wallet) sent it to him through WhatsApp and he stuck it in the card reader and it worked fine…. A really simple way of sharing your ticket 

The NFC worked fine for me…. I think it’s quite a useful system seeing as I’ve misplaced my tickets more than once in the past

I managed all of that as a 49 year old…. “Nurse, it’s time for my bed bath”

Edited by Wolfox

17 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

If only they had warned people to arrive in plenty of time to iron out any issues.......oh 🤣

not our problem though is it? we are the customers and should be treated like one. They implemented this, there was nothing wrong with the existing system. why should anyone have to " turn up early " how did they not know it doesn't work?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Honestly it is more to do with the idiots using it rather than the technology.

It's as simple as using your phone or watch to pay:dunno:

Yes it looked it. Oh and giving free beer outside that you could not take in with you obviously made people amass outside to drink it. What genious from the club thought it ok to impliment a new entry system on the same day ? amature clowns.

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU

10 hours ago, promised land said:

I disagree, arrived at 1:25pm, kop queues were back to the trees and along another 100 meters, when should I have arrived then? A week last Monday at midday?

Also there should have been ticket less turnstiles, and separate turnstiles for us who still have season cards. If less cards than mobile phone tickets then sure less turnstiles to go through is fine but the two shouldn't have been together, problems were bound to happen.

Right must go now as I have to get back for the Southampton match in a few weeks, make sure I'm there in plenty of time.

We went in at 13:10/15 I think (Kop as well) and there was zero queue. It must have really built up in the following 10 mins then.

The season card being tap and go really needed someone at each gate to just constantly shout at everyone that you must tap and go, it would have saved everyone so much time.

1 minute ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

not our problem though is it? we are the customers and should be treated like one. They implemented this, there was nothing wrong with the existing system. why should anyone have to " turn up early " how did they not know it doesn't work?

As others have said. It did work, it was the "customer" that didn't read the instructions or were too drunk to figure it out. Change happens. Can't expect everything to remain the same after years and years! 

12 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's a change that just wasn't necessary though. Such a shame Top is pushing so hard on it.

Like several other venues, it'll be fine the longer it goes on. I'd be amazed if the queues are as bad for the Southampton game now that the majority know how it works. 

By the end of the season, I'd genuinely be shocked if a) there were queues like seen yesterday and b) any complaints here about tapping the top of the scanner still remain. 

The communication about it perhaps could have been better, I've no doubt.