Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Mobile - NFT Ticketing is SHIT

12 minutes ago, hejammy said:

As others have said. It did work, it was the "customer" that didn't read the instructions or were too drunk to figure it out. Change happens. Can't expect everything to remain the same after years and years! 

Change happens. Why ? nothing wrong with the existing method a quick easy card swipe with no need to rely on personal communication devices like phones( which as we all know are often dodgy ) If it's not broken don't try and mend it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

There’s a sensible middle ground between ‘the system is completely inoperable’ and ‘our fans are all idiots’ is that it wasn’t communicated well enough or there wasn’t enough assistance on hand to ensure fans weren’t stuck without a clue. Just get an extra body or two around each turnstile area going up and down the front of each queue explaining what people need to do. I’ve seen it regularly at gigs and shows where you’ll have a staff member going down the line asking people to have x, y and z ready and what to expect at the front. 

I’m sure it makes some feel superior but our fanbase is no more stupid than any other, and hundreds of events get their entry system down fine without massive waiting times. 

It’s a new system and there’s plenty of folk 40+ who have probably never used NFT ticketing before, don’t check their emails so haven’t seen anything before the game. It’s not hard to have someone standing to the side explaining they just need to open it and tap it. 

Precisely this, tbh. The only surprise was that the club didn't expect this, or maybe they did but they knew it was going to happen.

You can tell fans to turn up early as much as you like, but the reality is that not only are you dealing with people who are creatures of habit, drinking with friends and arriving at the same time every home game, you're laying on free beer up until 1:30pm that people can't take in. It's easy to be smug and say "the club said turn up early" but it's not attached in any kind of the reality of what would practically happen. It was always going to be chaos.

If they'd invested in a few more casuals yesterday to work those long queues it might well have helped, but as annoying as it was it will get better. People grumble but people learn and the queues will return to normal. The only saving grace was that it wasn't pissing it down. As you got to the front the queue very quickly moved. I do think some of it was caused by the confiscation of bottles and the bag searches/random body searches as well on entry.

• Like 1

Had an NFC ticket due to relocating, futilely tried to scan what I thought was the ticket, then told to join another queue. turns out my ticket had a small link to the QR code …not very obvious.

Wasn’t aware of this, and more stewards would have helped.

I know for next time!

8 minutes ago, RGFox said:

Had an NFC ticket due to relocating, futilely tried to scan what I thought was the ticket, then told to join another queue. turns out my ticket had a small link to the QR code …not very obvious.

I know for next time!

I may be wrong but I think the club want to avoid advertising that you can use the QR code to get in, as they want to push the NFT aspect (and the QR code is very easy way to ticket share). But yes, if you just scan the QR code attached to your NFT ticket, it works fine. 

9 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

not our problem though is it? we are the customers and should be treated like one. They implemented this, there was nothing wrong with the existing system. why should anyone have to " turn up early " how did they not know it doesn't work?

It's not their problem either. They've implemented a modern system that fits in with the way things are going, with an option to still have a physical ticket. It's the chimps using it incorrectly that is the problem.

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

Like several other venues, it'll be fine the longer it goes on. I'd be amazed if the queues are as bad for the Southampton game now that the majority know how it works. 

By the end of the season, I'd genuinely be shocked if a) there were queues like seen yesterday and b) any complaints here about tapping the top of the scanner still remain. 

The communication about it perhaps could have been better, I've no doubt. 

I think you're right, short term it's a pain, but soon people will know what to do and it quickly ceases to be an issue.

7 hours ago, RGFox said:

I know for next time!

how did you get the QR code to work ? my mate tried and failed so we had to use the iphone twice and tap the sensor .

12 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Yes it looked it. Oh and giving free beer outside that you could not take in with you obviously made people amass outside to drink it. What genious from the club thought it ok to impliment a new entry system on the same day ? amature clowns.

Free beer and a new ticketing system is clearly too complicated for a section of our fans, gives everyone something else to complain about. We should bring back the old ticket book and tear off the stub 

38 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Free beer and a new ticketing system is clearly too complicated for a section of our fans, gives everyone something else to complain about. We should bring back the old ticket book and tear off the stub 

A section of our fans? Christ, did you actually see the queues? all around the ground. Lots of people were late to even get in for the kick-off and you minimalize it by calling a moan? It's clearly too complicated for you to understand the difference.

3 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

A section of our fans? Christ, did you actually see the queues? all around the ground. Lots of people were late to even get in for the kick-off and you minimalize it by calling a moan? It's clearly too complicated for you to understand the difference.

Bit like it was too complicated for fans to watch the instructional video and read the emails, see the soicals and basically hear the club saying please arrive early.

• Like 3

Just now, goose2010 said:

Bit like it was too complicated for fans to watch the instructional video and read the emails, see the soicals and basically hear the club saying please arrive early.

Yep I arrived at the ground at 13.50, joined a huge queue and was in my seat by 14.03. Didn’t follow any of the advice and the queue moved v quickly despite the pure incompetence from fans in front. From my perspective can’t blame anyone but myself for missing ko 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

How early should we be arriving. Its not acceptable to expect people to turn up to the ground an hour early. It used to take 2 mins to get in. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

We are customers I don't go to football matches to be told when to arrive. I don't like being " instructed" either. The system they had in place was perfectly adequate and worked well. Why the club has chosen to go down this route is a mystery. Exactly what benefit is it to fans? if it's not broken don't try to mend it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

We are customers I don't go to football matches to be told when to arrive. I don't like being " instructed" either. The system they had in place was perfectly adequate and worked well. Why the club has chosen to go down this route is a mystery. Exactly what benefit is it to fans? if it's not broken don't try to mend it.

You make it sound like it's a hugely drastic change. 

In reality they've changed literally just where you show your ticket by a matter of inches lol

Instead of slotting in, you just tap your barcode/QR code a few inches above. 

8 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

You don't like being instructed? :D well sometimes in life you have to be.

Well I hope you've complained to the club then if it bothers you that much.

To be fair there wasn't much wrong with the paper ticket books for season tickets but I don't remember people moaning this much about moving to cards! 

It will be fine next home game because the majority will now know what to do. So really the club just needed a little bit of help from us fans but nope that was far too hard for some obviously 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

You don't like being instructed? :D well sometimes in life you have to be.

Well I hope you've complained to the club then if it bothers you that much.

To be fair there wasn't much wrong with the paper ticket books for season tickets but I don't remember people moaning this much about moving to cards! 

It will be fine next home game because the majority will now know what to do. So really the club just needed a little bit of help from us fans but nope that was far too hard for some obviously 

Do you do everything you're told? WE are the customer, you know the bread and butter of the club. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the cards either. this is being done purely to suit the club for reasons no one seems to know because they have not told us. Ask why the club is doing it in the first place. I don't want the club linked to my personal phone in any way shape or form. Information gathering and advertising go hand in hand with it. in other words Control.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, StanSP said:

You make it sound like it's a hugely drastic change. 

In reality they've changed literally just where you show your ticket by a matter of inches lol

Instead of slotting in, you just tap your barcode/QR code a few inches above. 

No they are now on your personal phone . I don't want any apps on my phone just to gain entry thank you.

5 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Do you do everything you're told? WE are the customer, you know the bread and butter of the club. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the cards either. this is being done purely to suit the club for reasons no one seems to know because they have not told us. Ask why the club is doing it in the first place. I don't want the club linked to my personal phone in any way shape or form. Information gathering and advertising go hand in hand with it. in other words Control.

Then I take it you opted out and got the card instead (if you are a season ticket holder) 

You be careful going on the internet mate if you don't want people knowing who you are or what you do. 

The majority see that it's a good system, it's the way the world is going with apple pay, Google wallet etc. Change happens it's apart of life. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

No they are now on your personal phone . I don't want any apps on my phone just to gain entry thank you.

Why? 

Do you still use chequebooks? Or are you using bank cards? 

Edited by StanSP

You can summarise this thread without reading it simply by looking at the title, which has the wrong abbreviation for Near Frequency Communications....

Edited by AjcW

44 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

You don't need an app though do you? And you don't need use your phone at all if you opted for a card...