Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Mobile - NFT Ticketing is SHIT

12 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

You don't need an app though do you? And you don't need use your phone at all if you opted for a card...

13 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

You don't need an app though do you? And you don't need use your phone at all if you opted for a card...

Not got that option next season though.

56 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Then I take it you opted out and got the card instead (if you are a season ticket holder) 

You be careful going on the internet mate if you don't want people knowing who you are or what you do. 

The majority see that it's a good system, it's the way the world is going with apple pay, Google wallet etc. Change happens it's apart of life. 

The majority didn't look too happy on Sunday. Yes I accept change just don't like being bullied into it if I don't want it. They have already said there will be no cards next season. As I have said I don't want LCFC connected to my private phone, for various reasons none of which I need to explain to anyone.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Not got that option next season though.

You have if you pretend to not have a smart phone. You can get your account marked by contacting the club, there just won’t be the automatic online option to choose. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

We are customers I don't go to football matches to be told when to arrive. I don't like being " instructed" either. The system they had in place was perfectly adequate and worked well. Why the club has chosen to go down this route is a mystery. Exactly what benefit is it to fans? if it's not broken don't try to mend it.

Because things move on in life. The original Iphone wasn't broken but they bought out a new one after the 1st generation. The morris minor wasn't broken but people are driving around in Tesla's. That is not a strong enough argument and often used by people who don't understand how a business works, or progression in general. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Because things move on in life. The original Iphone wasn't broken but they bought out a new one after the 1st generation. The morris minor wasn't broken but people are driving around in Tesla's. That is not a strong enough argument and often used by people who don't understand how a business works, or progression in general. 

Fine if it works and is not an inconvenience. not all so-called progress is good. 

4 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Fine if it works and is not an inconvenience. not all so-called progress is good. 

All change will have some inconvenience,  and I think we've just met this one but will have completely forgotten about it in three months time.  Does anyone remember the change from season tickets books and the inconvenience thart caused, me neither  but I am absolutely sure it did.  Though without social media at the time it would have been far less discussed.  Likewise the move to the new stadium.

Edited by Robo61
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

All change will have some inconvenience,  and I think we've just met this one but will have completely forgotten about it in three months time.  Does anyone remember the change from season tickets books and the inconvenience thart caused, me neither  but I am absolutely sure it did.  Though without social media at the time it would have been far less discussed.  Likewise the move to the new stadium.

Yes but this is all about control. it certainly is not for our sakes. Ask what is the benefit to us. And what is wrong with the present card system? change for change's sake is pointless.

4 hours ago, Tommy G said:

I've got no problem with mobile ticketing, but I think it should be a QR code scan on entry system like I use for most gigs, cinema, other grounds, Leics CCC etc.

I'm not sure why they went down this route.

5 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

I've got no problem with mobile ticketing, but I think it should be a QR code scan on entry system like I use for most gigs, cinema, other grounds, Leics CCC etc.

I'm not sure why they went down this route.

Because it's even simpler than using a QR code providing people know how to do it (just hold it close to the reader), and if their device can't (in which case they get a ticket or card).

Most certainly a better way of preventing touting than by using QR codes too. 

The club could probably have made their communication and roll-out better. 

I absolutely love bashing this bastard club, but I think this is a good move in the long run. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Ask what is the benefit to us

More things in one place. All on your phone. Saves you having to faff about with a paper ticket. 

It's really not a big deal as you make it just because you don't want it on your phone. 

Just now, promised land said:

I know a few people who haven't got smart phones so where does that leave them?

As far as I know scuppered. I know someone who the club asked to meet on Sunday due to being in that boat and explaining why they wanted a card/paper ticket and it was a like it or lump type response they were given.

• Like 1