Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Mobile - NFT Ticketing is SHIT

Just now, SemperEadem said:

As far as I know scuppered. I know someone who the club asked to meet on Sunday due to being in that boat and explaining why they wanted a card/paper ticket and it was a like it or lump type response they were given.

A lot of older folks, retired pensioners have no need or use for anything other than a simple mobile phone so surely they cannot stop cards completely.

As for those that say have it all in one place on your phone, yes great until you lose or forget it, nothing wrong with a simple plastic card in your pocket/wallet and you use it maybe 20 times a year.

• Like 1

Just now, promised land said:

A lot of older folks, retired pensioners have no need or use for anything other than a simple mobile phone so surely they cannot stop cards completely.

As for those that say have it all in one place on your phone, yes great until you lose or forget it, nothing wrong with a simple plastic card in your pocket/wallet and you use it maybe 20 times a year.

I completely agree, I think its a huge own goal and very unfair on some members of the support.

4 minutes ago, promised land said:

Pretty much everything is already in one place, for me anyway. It honestly would be more problematic for me if I lost my phone rather than a kidney 

Didn't someone else further up the thread say that those without mobiles could still get a ticket another way? Or was that just for this season?

I'd be very surprised if folk weren't able to have ST's any more just because they don't have a smart phone, I'm sure nearer the time if people contact the club something will be sorted out for them.

• Like 1

Just jumped on the end of the thread after skimming through the first couple of pages, lot of hate for the ques due to the new ticketing but for me in L1 the que seemed to be fully down to them frisking every single person… don’t know if it was the same in other areas but it was ridiculous and massively over the top especially when they only had 1 of the wands for scanning women and kids 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

Surely there is a way for the ST card to be used every season? Unless you change seats, your seat number, name, supporter reference will still be the same.

They have reused them over multiple seasons previously, and when they have reissued they've been for daft reasons like change of shirt manufacturer - they had puma on the cards, so when Adidas replaced them, new cards were issued.

3 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

They have reused them over multiple seasons previously, and when they have reissued they've been for daft reasons like change of shirt manufacturer - they had puma on the cards, so when Adidas replaced them, new cards were issued.

I know we had to have new ones with the books and numbers ripped out but a card could last forever, don't see why they wouldn't allow it now.

4 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Just jumped on the end of the thread after skimming through the first couple of pages, lot of hate for the ques due to the new ticketing but for me in L1 the que seemed to be fully down to them frisking every single person… don’t know if it was the same in other areas but it was ridiculous and massively over the top especially when they only had 1 of the wands for scanning women and kid

I am in G1 never got frisked at all seems to be re which part of the ground you are in or what the stewards have been told and some are taking it to the extreme.

• Like 1

On 07/08/2022 at 17:20, Robo61 said:

Problem around us seems to have been ST cards not working. Saw 4 with card in hand back out of turnstile.  My NFC was no problem

Before you had to insert them in the reader, now you have to tap them on top of the reader. 

I think that confused a lot of people

44 minutes ago, promised land said:

I know a few people who haven't got smart phones so where does that leave them?

Pretty sure they contact the club and explain the reasons why. I can't imagine the club would be that strict about it if there was a genuine need to have a paper ticket. 

On 07/08/2022 at 21:47, buzzer_b said:

This. I didn’t realise the cards were now contactless. I looked like a right tool when the steward came over and sorted me out. 

They could have avoided that by telling people as they went in, or put a sign up

I only avoided looking a tool because the people In front of me made themselves look a tool 😂😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JamieG said:

Before you had to insert them in the reader, now you have to tap them on top of the reader. 

I think that confused a lot of people

Yeah I’m sure it did as I didn’t see anything from the club to say that it was changing for card holders only the info and emails about NFC, hopefully everyone knows what they need to do now to get in

Just now, jammie82uk said:

Yeah I’m sure it did as I didn’t see anything from the club to say that it was changing for card holders only the info and emails about NFC, hopefully everyone knows what they need to do now to get in

Yeah I didn't see anything either. Luckily for me it caught out the people in front of me, so they looked like knobs instead of me 😂

• Haha 1

On 07/08/2022 at 21:47, buzzer_b said:

This. I didn’t realise the cards were now contactless. I looked like a right tool when the steward came over and sorted me out. 

To be honest I've always been under the impression they were contactless. Pretty sure it worked contact less before. 

We've got the same turnstile system as Wembley and other grounds have. 

Sad day with everything going on phones though, especially when people/fans like to collect their tickets.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

I am in G1 never got frisked at all seems to be re which part of the ground you are in or what the stewards have been told and some are taking it to the extreme.

I guess it was just where I was as it’s close to the away fans… carry on bashing the NFT ticketing then folks lol 

20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Pretty sure they contact the club and explain the reasons why. I can't imagine the club would be that strict about it if there was a genuine need to have a paper ticket. 

That's the situation at the moment.

The club haven't communicated it particularly well ... but it's my understanding that they are not going to turn anyone away, if you have a good reason for needing a paper ticket or card.   You just need to speak to the ticket office in person, and explain your position.

By "speaking to the ticket office", that might need to be Jim ... not just some minion ... otherwise you might get a silly "computer says no" type response.

What exactly is a good reason?  

1. Not having a smart phone.  2. Some physical or mental impairment that made it difficult to use a phone.   I don't think they'll be too many other exemptions.  Just liking a piece of paper, or not wanting to use your smart phone probably won't be good enough.

(bear in mind, I think there is one other Premier League club that has literally said "like it or lump it", and is not allowing any exemptions.   Most clubs are sensibly doing something to accomodate fans with issues)

Re season tickets cards ... there's no reason why they can't be used for at least 3 seasons, so long as your details haven't changed.   Whether the club try and force Mobile Ticketing on season ticket holders for next season, remains to be seen.

Of the 23,000 ST holders, I suspect 70-80% would probably accept Mobile Ticketing without too much of a fuss.  But I suspect the other 20-30% would want to keep their cards.   And there's no good reason why they shouldn't   If the club try and force it, then COMPLAIN to the Football Club.   If enough people complain, they might think again.   They most certainly won't, if you do nothing.

The main point in all this ... is that they shouldn't be forcing it.   It's fine to offer it up as an option, and 1000's will happily use it and think it's an improvement.   But there are 1000's of other fans who, for one reason of another, would prefer not to have to use their phone.

1 hour ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Yes but this is all about control. it certainly is not for our sakes. Ask what is the benefit to us. And what is wrong with the present card system? change for change's sake is pointless.

If you think a football clubs or any other business does things solely for the customers sake you have lived a very sheltered life. 

For me this is never the less an improvement,  1) less stuff to bring to game, 2) no paper tickets for cup ties 3) reduced reference number swapping.

Just a sidepoint to everyone - it's NFC (Near Field Communication), not NFT, which is that stupid pyramid scheme based around dumb pictures of monkeys and pixel art you can 'own' digitally.

Though admittedly, the shambles on Sunday probably means your season ticket is losing value at a similar rate to the latter. :whistle:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, promised land said:

I know a few people who haven't got smart phones so where does that leave them?

Sorry but how? It leaves them in 2002. Are they homeless? 

How can you afford to watch Premier league football but not afford a smart phone? 

3 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

How can you afford to watch Premier league football but not afford a smart phone? 

It's not necessary a question of being able to afford a smart phone. My dad's eighty & had a season ticket for over 20 years. He wouldn't have a clue how to use a smart phone. He can't even use a basic £10 Nokia mobile.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I don’t think it’s affording it’s, it’s by choice. But that’s the other question. So many things are via phone these days, how do you get by without one. I live in a built up place with all amenities at my fingertips and still need a phone for things like banking. I’m sure old people also have bank accounts and other admin they need a phone for?!