Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Mobile - NFT Ticketing is SHIT

1 hour ago, Robo61 said:

If you think a football clubs or any other business does things solely for the customers sake you have lived a very sheltered life. 

For me this is never the less an improvement,  1) less stuff to bring to game, 2) no paper tickets for cup ties 3) reduced reference number swapping.

Less stuff to bring to a game? is your card the size of a loaf of bread then? :D What you tolerate will continue.

7 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Less stuff to bring to a game? is your card the size of a loaf of bread then? :D What you tolerate will continue.

Let's hope it's only the size of a small sandwich. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

More things in one place. All on your phone. Saves you having to faff about with a paper ticket. 

It's really not a big deal as you make it just because you don't want it on your phone. 

Battery runs out, lose phone?

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Pretty sure they contact the club and explain the reasons why. I can't imagine the club would be that strict about it if there was a genuine need to have a paper ticket. 

I know people who have contacted the club and were dealt with rather abruptly, basically phone next year or you aren't getting in. There are now a number of people who won't be renewing next year. One of them is someone who refuses to have any kind of wallet on his phone as he doesn't trust the security.

41 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I don’t think it’s affording it’s, it’s by choice. But that’s the other question. So many things are via phone these days, how do you get by without one. I live in a built up place with all amenities at my fingertips and still need a phone for things like banking. I’m sure old people also have bank accounts and other admin they need a phone for?! 

You van do online banking from your laptop. My parents are 85 & 90 and like many they go to the bank to pay in a cheque or get cash. They also aren't capable of using a smart phone and why should they have to pay extra for them? There's cost of living problem at the moment, this doesn't help.

Perhaps you should try asking 'old people'.

92% of the population have a smart phone, are the club happy to lose 8% of their season ticket holders?* These are people who have been going for years, they may not stand and sing, still shouldn't be forced out.

*It would be higher than that we have an old fanbase and it'll be alot more than 13% who don't have a smart phone.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/271851/smartphone-owners-in-the-united-kingdom-uk-by-age/

Edited by hackneyfox

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

To be honest I've always been under the impression they were contactless. Pretty sure it worked contact less before. 

We've got the same turnstile system as Wembley and other grounds have. 

Sad day with everything going on phones though, especially when people/fans like to collect their tickets.

Something changed with them a few years back. I used to keep mine in the top pocket of my coat and just lean towards the card reader and it would let me in, similar to a lift pass. But that stopped working for me a few years back.

Left me scrambling to get it out my pocket first game of one season with a queue building behind me lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Sorry but how? It leaves them in 2002. Are they homeless? 

How can you afford to watch Premier league football but not afford a smart phone? 

Anyone over 70 who is not interested in snap chat, facebook etc and has no use for a smart phone, my dad who is now retired had a phone from 1987 for work, the huge things the size of a car battery, then they got smaller, but he now doesn't have one as he is not working and has no need for one.

I know loads of older folk who don't have a mobile at all, in fact a lot of the time at weekends, nights I leave mine at home, it's constantly ringing all day with work (which I have no problem as self employed) but you then can't be arsed with it outside of that, I have been to the football loads without taking it. You don't need it in there and it doesn't work inside either most of the time, it is just a slab of plastic in your pocket, in summer it gets in the way a bit with fewer pockets.

It has nothing to do with costs.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, promised land said:

Anyone over 70 who is not interested in snap chat, facebook etc and has no use for a smart phone, my dad who is now retired had a phone from 1987 for work, the huge things the size of a car battery, then they got smaller, but he now doesn't have one as he is not working and has no need for one.

I know loads of older folk who don't have a mobile at all, in fact a lot of the time at weekends, nights I leave mine at home, it's constantly ringing all day with work (which I have no problem as self employed) but you then can't be arsed with it outside of that, I have been to the football loads without taking it. You don't need it in there and it doesn't work inside either most of the time, it is just a slab of plastic in your pocket, in summer it gets in the way a bit with fewer pockets.

It has nothing to do with costs.

Dinsosaur

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Dinsosaur

Really?

Anyone under 35 has probably had a mobile since primary school, for the rest of us over that we didn't start owning them until in late teens or my era in their 20's.

That is why society is going down the drain, you see it in pubs and everywhere, groups of people together but all got their heads stuck in their phones, that is not social at all.

But back to the point I shall hold onto my season card for as long as possible. Dinosaur or not. :whistle:

Wallet on my phone has nothing in it and is staying that way.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, promised land said:

Really?

Anyone under 35 has probably had a mobile since primary school, for the rest of us over that we didn't start owning them until in late teens or my era in their 20's.

That is why society is going down the drain, you see it in pubs and everywhere, groups of people together but all got their heads stuck in their phones, that is not social at all.

But back to the point I shall hold onto my season card for as long as possible. Dinosaur or not. :whistle:

Wallet on my phone has nothing in it and is staying that way.

That is so true. Fortunately when I’m out with my friends no one bothers with their phone. I think coming from a generation that didn’t have a need for them helps. When I’m out with the kids I try and make sure that they aren’t sitting on them ignoring everything and everyone around them and up to now while they sit around home on them when doing nothing they aren’t glued to the, while out. Hopefully that won’t change as they get older but probably doubtful. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/local-news/leicester-citys-new-mobile-ticket-7474111

Leicester City's new 'mobile ticket' only system sparks anger from fan over elderly supporter fears
'I’m so close to handing back my season ticket'

leicestermercury

e
Leicester City may have binned the infamous cardboard clappers but handed out 30,000 plastic flags for fans to wave instead against Brentford on the first day of the season
Carbon footprint - Leicester City may have binned the infamous cardboard clappers but handed out 30,000 plastic flags for fans to wave instead against Brentford on the first day of the season (Image: Getty Images)

Leicester City's new 'mobile ticket only' policy has come in for some fierce criticism from fans who claim it discriminates against supporters who are unfamiliar with modern smart phone technology. Opponents say elderly fans in particular are being affected, with some struggling to get hold of a matchday ticket.

The club introduced the new system for the start of this season's Premier League campaign, against Brentford on Sunday, August 7. It means that tickets for all home games at the King Power Stadium now have to be purchases using a smart phone, with printed tickets no longer available.

The decision to implement the new ticketing system is aimed at improving stadium security, speeding up entry, tackling ticket touting and reducing the club's carbon footprint, according to Leicester City. The club said a majority of fans backed the move following a consultation.

Season ticket holder Scott Davies, 41, is among those who claim the system is discriminating against older fans, after experiencing difficulties buying a ticket for his elderly father. Mr Davies contacted LeicestershireLive to express his frustration at what the club is doing.

"I've been having issues purchasing Leicester City tickets for my dad, who is 77-years-old and lives in Glenfield," he said. "He doesn’t have a mobile phone and because of this, I am struggling to get him a ticket for home matches at the King Power Stadium as the club insists this is the only way they wish to sell them."

He explained that he and his 18-year-old daughter have been season ticket holders for the past eight seasons. In the past, whenever his daughter hasn't been able to attend a home game due to work commitments, he has upgraded her ticket for a £2 fee so that his father can join him instead.

"Normally, they would just send the ticket to my father's address, or I would be able to print it out for him at my home in Solihull," said Mr Davies. "But when I phoned up the club to organise a ticket for the Southampton game this Saturday (August 20), they said there is absolutely no option for paper or print at home tickets - for any fans, elderly or not.

"When I pointed out I had them for the Sevilla game just a few weeks ago and these were sent to my address, I was told 'that game was different'. The club has pretty much dismissed the issue and informed me the owners are keen to push this policy out."

The football club said paper tickets will no longer be issued to fans attending games at the King Power Stadium (Image: Getty Images)
Mr Davies said that a compromise, of sorts, has been ironed out with the club to ensure his father can attend this weekend's match. But he is still far from happy with the solution.

Leicester City's mobile phone ticketing system is linked to a new Near-field communication (NFC) technology which has also been introduced at the King Power Stadium. It is a short-range wireless connectivity technology that lets NFC-enabled devices communicate with each other.

It is one of the methods whereby fans can order refreshments from a menu on arrival at the ground, collect them during the half-time interval and pay for them on leaving the stadium. The technology is considered to be a way of enhancing the supporter's matchday experience and the King Power's cashless policy introduced last year.

Mr Davies said: "I was advised by the ticket office that I could download it (his ticket) for him on my phone, to which I replied 'I don’t have NFC hence I have physical season tickets'. So now as a 'work around', my 77-year-old dad has to go to the ground 90 minutes before kick off to pick up his paper ticket with his ID.

"Bearing in mind I was told these couldn't be printed," he added. "Why can't this be sent to his home address? It seems they would rather make some elderly person hang around the ground an hour and a half before kick off. Will they be made to do this in the depths of winter too?"

He added: "I’ve made my thoughts clear to the club about this policy of pushing ahead with this new technology and the issues it is causing for older fans. The club is meant to pride itself on being inclusive, but on this matter they are far from it.

"It's like a military operation to buy a ticket for a match day and the whole experience is far from enjoyable. I had to jump through hoops myself to ensure I kept a tangible ticket for the 2022/23 season."

"Technology can be used to enhance match day experiences," he added. "But the use of this is making me think twice about bothering renewing next season if this is what the club are pushing for. So much for a being a family-orientated inclusive club. I'm so close to handing back my season ticket."

A Leicester City spokesman said he was not in a position to comment on Mr Davies's individual issue with obtaining a ticket for his father. But he did insist that the new system was a popular move among a majority of the Foxes faithfull.

"Following a period of supporter consultation around the removal of physical tickets, mobile tickets were successfully introduced at the start of this season," he said. "We hope that by implementing the new system, we can improve stadium security, speed up entry, tackle ticket touting and reduce our carbon footprint - with thousands of plastic and paper tickets previously printed for each game.

"The new mobile tickets form part of several new initiatives to come from extensive supporter consultation for the new season that we hope can enhance the experience of match-going fans, including the introduction of a new singing section in the South Stand."

The spokesman added: "A number of step-by-step guides have been produced for all sections of the Leicester City fanbase to help create a smooth transition to mobile tickets. Our Supporter Services team remain on hand to assist supporters with any issues around using the new technology or for those who do not have access to a smartphone."

Mr Davies, however, denies being consulted on the changes. "I don’t ever recall being part of a consultation," he said. "I understand their want to reduce the carbon footprint, however, I'll counter argue that with the fact that on the opening weekend, they had 30,000 flags produced for every home fan and a vast amount of bottles of water they gave away.

"Far more plastic and paper was distributed in that game alone than probably the whole of the previous season of paper and print at home tickets." He added: "Security around the stadium makes sense but in regards to ticket-touting, target the offending parties, don’t alienate older fans and penalise them.

"A step by step guide is all well and good, but the issue isn’t how to use NFC, it’s not having the capability at all. Paper tickets should be available at the point of sale as a choice to fans."

Leicester City said that any fans experiencing difficulty with the new mobile ticketing system should contact the club, where they will receive help and advice. They should e-mail [email protected]. Alternatively, they can telephone 0344 815 5000 (asking for option 4) or call 07990 588915.

Are you experiencing difficulties with Leicester City's mobile tickets only system at the King Power Stadium? What do you think of the new policy? Let us know in the comments section below.

5 minutes ago, BirminghamFox said:

Used season ticket to get into Brentford game no problem… what’s all the fuss?

People reluctant to change.

The only thing that’s annoyed me is that I’ve had 3 texts this week asking me to make sure I’ve downloaded my ticket. Are our supporters this simple!? 🤦‍♂️

Edited by phoneticerror

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How do people send their mobile season ticket to other people to use when they can't go? Asking for a mate

Not certain if it will work, but if you open up your Google wallet and select your season ticket, there's a "use barcode" button underneath which gives you a QR code for the game.

I guess you could screen shot it and send it on?

1 minute ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Not certain if it will work, but if you open up your Google wallet and select your season ticket, there's a "use barcode" button underneath which gives you a QR code for the game.

I guess you could screen shot it and send it on?

Can't see why this wouldn't work.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

How do people send their mobile season ticket to other people to use when they can't go? Asking for a mate

And this is the rub: You can't. Yes, there is the barcode option (which I had to use at the preseason game because the other thing didn't work -- a common problem the guy told me), but the whole point is to make the ticket untransferable. The club will say "But you can use the resale option if you can't go!"

My main problem is night games. I am in the family stand, and my wife is opposed to letting the kids stay up on school nights. No problem, I know people with bad parents, so I can usually find someone to go with, and just use our cards. But I can't go to the game without an U18, since that's the rules for the Family Stand. If I had digital tickets, I wouldn't be able to go to the games.

I know that the "rule" is that tickets are only supposed to be used by the named party. At the same time, the club's terms of service has a whole section about not giving your concession tickets to someone who doesn't qualify. This lessens the value of a season ticket, since it means I wouldn't be able to take a mate instead of my wife if she can't go...all because of what? Fears that a 16-year-old sneaks in on someone's U12 ticket?

I am generally the most KPFC bootlickin' fan, but this move is really frustrating for me (even though I optioned for season ticket cards, I am having sympathetic pains for the fans affected. Yeah! I guess I am not a sociopath, no matter what my mother told all those people.)

1 minute ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

And this is the rub: You can't. Yes, there is the barcode option (which I had to use at the preseason game because the other thing didn't work -- a common problem the guy told me), but the whole point is to make the ticket untransferable. The club will say "But you can use the resale option if you can't go!"

My main problem is night games. I am in the family stand, and my wife is opposed to letting the kids stay up on school nights. No problem, I know people with bad parents, so I can usually find someone to go with, and just use our cards. But I can't go to the game without an U18, since that's the rules for the Family Stand. If I had digital tickets, I wouldn't be able to go to the games.

I know that the "rule" is that tickets are only supposed to be used by the named party. At the same time, the club's terms of service has a whole section about not giving your concession tickets to someone who doesn't qualify. This lessens the value of a season ticket, since it means I wouldn't be able to take a mate instead of my wife if she can't go...all because of what? Fears that a 16-year-old sneaks in on someone's U12 ticket?

I am generally the most KPFC bootlickin' fan, but this move is really frustrating for me (even though I optioned for season ticket cards, I am having sympathetic pains for the fans affected. Yeah! I guess I am not a sociopath, no matter what my mother told all those people.)

They definitely need to reevaluate the family stand policy from a common sense perspective. As long as you have proof that you have paid for both an adult and child ticket, you should be allowed in.

On 09/08/2022 at 15:50, SemperEadem said:

As far as I know scuppered. I know someone who the club asked to meet on Sunday due to being in that boat and explaining why they wanted a card/paper ticket and it was a like it or lump type response they were given.

Well I'm not that old and I don't have and have never had a mobile phone. I think there should be legislation to prevent organisations from only selling tickets to people who have mobile phones. There should always be an option for those that don't otherwise it is a sort of discrimination. Especially as it is likely to affect those less well off, elderly or even those with health conditions that prevent them using mobile phones.

I'm not against mobile tickets as long as there are other options available.