Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Mobile - NFT Ticketing is SHIT

23 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

They definitely need to reevaluate the family stand policy from a common sense perspective. As long as you have proof that you have paid for both an adult and child ticket, you should be allowed in.

Tigers have a very sensible policy: You can bring an adult instead of your child to night games.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

I can see how it may be an issue for older people but it worked first time for me last time out and certainly no slower than a card.

But it's supposed to be quicker

18 minutes ago, reynard said:

Well I'm not that old and I don't have and have never had a mobile phone. I think there should be legislation to prevent organisations from only selling tickets to people who have mobile phones. There should always be an option for those that don't otherwise it is a sort of discrimination. Especially as it is likely to affect those less well off, elderly or even those with health conditions that prevent them using mobile phones.

I'm not against mobile tickets as long as there are other options available.

There's also deaf people many of whom do not possess a phone or indeed have a need to pay for one plus a monthly fee. 

11 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Tigers have a very sensible policy: You can bring an adult instead of your child to night games.

Very logical. I’m going to be in a position to get my lad his first season ticket next year, but I’ll opt for SK4 over P2. Not worth the hassle for the night games.

28 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Very logical. I’m going to be in a position to get my lad his first season ticket next year, but I’ll opt for SK4 over P2. Not worth the hassle for the night games.

Yeah, I might try and change my seats next year, if all the financial uncertainty dissipates. But we were offered ST's in the Family Stand, or no ST's at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Yeah, I might try and change my seats next year, if all the financial uncertainty dissipates. But we were offered ST's in the Family Stand, or no ST's at all.

Is that how it works when you apply with an under 18? That’s rubbish. I don’t much like the atmosphere in the family stand and I’m there today unfortunately 

20 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Not you thinking deaf people can't text or use social media lol

Well as I’m virtually deaf you’re wrong and missed my point of course they can and I do but they won’t all do that on a mobile so may not have a need to have one. 

6 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

😂😂😂 I’m not deaf and about 1% of my usage is phone calls. 

I know a few people that are deaf and don’t own a phone.

10 minutes ago, davieG said:

I know a few people that are deaf and don’t own a phone.

I know an almost completely blind man who has a season ticket. Each to their own innit, although I presume the deaf people you know are in the older generation?

Landline, there is absolutely no point. Smart phone, many reasons.

11 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I know an almost completely blind man who has a season ticket. Each to their own innit, although I presume the deaf people you know are in the older generation?

Landline, there is absolutely no point. Smart phone, many reasons.

The fact is not everyone owns a mobile phone and I'm just pointing out that maybe deaf people have more of a reason to not own one than just being old.. 

There's a list of people that for one reason or another don't have or want a mobile phone I was just adding another group to that list. 

It really doesn't matter if some have a phones as long as there are people that don't then tickets should be an easily accessible option. How anyone could think differently I don't understand.

39 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

If it's that difficult the club will give you a card to use instead of your phone

And it's NFC not NFT

But they aren't doing that not for cup tickets etc and probably not at all for any games next season.

5 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Is that how it works when you apply with an under 18? That’s rubbish. I don’t much like the atmosphere in the family stand and I’m there today unfortunately 

No. They just didn't have enough people apply last summer who wanted to be in the family stand. 

• Like 1

Spotted a flaw in the QR code hustle today. I tried to blag onto the bus using my sisters bus pass, which is also nfc, as she sent me a screenshot of the QR code. Every time I went to scan it on the bus my nfc match ticket popped up! After pleading ignorance with the driver he said you can’t share codes and made me pay full fare. Does the qr code behind the nfc ticket actually work? 

Used it for the first time today as took my lad with us. Never used anything like this before as don't want to use my phone to pay for stuff so no idea what I was doing....

Really don't get what the fuss is about. Bought the ticket, had an email through in seconds, set up an account for Google wallet in minutes following the instructions provided and downloaded the ticket. Watched a video the club sent about how to use it, did what the video said..... Worked perfectly. No hold up, in just as quickly as scanning my own card season ticket. 

• Like 1

From Bentleys -

A family member was at a social event last week and got chatting to somebody who works at the ticket office. They were saying that the club will likely push ahead with 100% mobile tickets from next season. The main reason is that they want to prevent supporters from sharing tickets - the cost and efficiency aspects are secondary considerations. They said that a number of people inside the club have tried to argue that season ticket holders typically only share tickets among family and friends, and that there is no black market of tickets being sold at inflated values, so this move seems harsh and unnecessary. But it has fallen on deaf ears - the commercial folk who have taken this decision are determined to push ahead and simply won’t listen to anybody who argues against it. They apparently hope if those who currently borrow season tickets are prevented from doing so, they might purchase memberships themselves, creating more revenue for the club.

It seems the club’s long-admired deep bond with its supporters is being sacrificed for commercial reasons.

21 hours ago, Apollo said:

In theory, if you had a spare family phone, could you download it onto that and just share the phone round on game by game basis? 

So long as the email was forwarded to that phone and it was put into the phones wallet then yes, but so long as It wasn’t downloaded to another phone first as I’m sure it can only be downloaded once ?

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

From Bentleys -

A family member was at a social event last week and got chatting to somebody who works at the ticket office. They were saying that the club will likely push ahead with 100% mobile tickets from next season. The main reason is that they want to prevent supporters from sharing tickets - the cost and efficiency aspects are secondary considerations. They said that a number of people inside the club have tried to argue that season ticket holders typically only share tickets among family and friends, and that there is no black market of tickets being sold at inflated values, so this move seems harsh and unnecessary. But it has fallen on deaf ears - the commercial folk who have taken this decision are determined to push ahead and simply won’t listen to anybody who argues against it. They apparently hope if those who currently borrow season tickets are prevented from doing so, they might purchase memberships themselves, creating more revenue for the club.

It seems the club’s long-admired deep bond with its supporters is being sacrificed for commercial reasons.

All well and good for the club but there are some people who are Technophobes out there who still use old analogue phones and newer phones that are incapable of having a ticket downloaded as an NFT, so what do they plan to do about these folk?

Edited by justfoxes

6 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

All well and good for the club but there are some people who are Technophobes out there who still use old analogue phones and newer phones that are incapable of having a ticket downloaded as an NFT, so what do they plan to do about these folk?

From what people have said who have had meetings with the club pretty much like it or lump it. Its a terrible move and really not needed at all.