Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Mobile - NFT Ticketing is SHIT

33 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

From Bentleys -

A family member was at a social event last week and got chatting to somebody who works at the ticket office. They were saying that the club will likely push ahead with 100% mobile tickets from next season. The main reason is that they want to prevent supporters from sharing tickets - the cost and efficiency aspects are secondary considerations. They said that a number of people inside the club have tried to argue that season ticket holders typically only share tickets among family and friends, and that there is no black market of tickets being sold at inflated values, so this move seems harsh and unnecessary. But it has fallen on deaf ears - the commercial folk who have taken this decision are determined to push ahead and simply won’t listen to anybody who argues against it. They apparently hope if those who currently borrow season tickets are prevented from doing so, they might purchase memberships themselves, creating more revenue for the club.

It seems the club’s long-admired deep bond with its supporters is being sacrificed for commercial reasons.

If this is the case then the supporter groups really need to kick up a fuss about this, maybe get age concern or age uk involved regarding how it discriminates against elderly supporters without smart phones. Also other organisations whose disabilities mean they have no use for a smart phone need to get involved. 

Looking on the leeds website a couple of weeks back it appears there you can share season tickets with other people on your friends and family list, surely that should be allowed as a minimum. 

44 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

From Bentleys -

A family member was at a social event last week and got chatting to somebody who works at the ticket office. They were saying that the club will likely push ahead with 100% mobile tickets from next season. The main reason is that they want to prevent supporters from sharing tickets - the cost and efficiency aspects are secondary considerations. They said that a number of people inside the club have tried to argue that season ticket holders typically only share tickets among family and friends, and that there is no black market of tickets being sold at inflated values, so this move seems harsh and unnecessary. But it has fallen on deaf ears - the commercial folk who have taken this decision are determined to push ahead and simply won’t listen to anybody who argues against it. They apparently hope if those who currently borrow season tickets are prevented from doing so, they might purchase memberships themselves, creating more revenue for the club.

It seems the club’s long-admired deep bond with its supporters is being sacrificed for commercial reasons.

Not only is this this extremely tenuous, if you have ever dealt with the ticket office staff, all but one or two don't know their are from their elbow anyway. 

It could very well be true that the club are pushing for 100% digital tickets but yeah, hearing anything from the staff there I wouldn't take any of it as gospel lol

Guest David Oldfields Gate
48 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

From Bentleys -

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Behind most decisions it seems there is a commercial drive hidden by either fluff ("making matchday more sustainable") or too many people happy to cheer lead for them ("it's no different to a Beyonce concert blah blah).

I got there early yesterday because of the train strikes (had to drive then park) and I felt like I was waiting in an airport, with the crappy big screen adverts for foreign lager, financial products and lounge music, all distracting enough to make chatting with people around you impossible.

It seems the club is doing everything it can just to make football as rubbish and sanitised as everything else in life and it will bite them on the arse massively when we are no longer doing well and the casual family support spending money on tat and over priced hotdogs disappears again.

31 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I’ve avoided mobile tickets thankfully as it sounds like a nightmare.

It just seems like there’s a lot of negativity around the club at the moment.

Maybe the amateurish non footballing side of things is finally rubbing off on the pitch!

Don’t let the moaners put you off. Not had a single issue with NFC ticketing. Loads better than printing tickets at home.

You're right though, negativity is rife. Some warranted, some not.

Edited by phoneticerror

53 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Behind most decisions it seems there is a commercial drive hidden by either fluff ("making matchday more sustainable") or too many people happy to cheer lead for them ("it's no different to a Beyonce concert blah blah).

I got there early yesterday because of the train strikes (had to drive then park) and I felt like I was waiting in an airport, with the crappy big screen adverts for foreign lager, financial products and lounge music, all distracting enough to make chatting with people around you impossible.

It seems the club is doing everything it can just to make football as rubbish and sanitised as everything else in life and it will bite them on the arse massively when we are no longer doing well and the casual family support spending money on tat and over priced hotdogs disappears again.

I suspect it's the commercial and accountants that are looking to squeeze every penny out of the commercial processes irrespective of the impact on fans. There seems to be a desperation from the financial side of the club and a lot of false justifications/reasons when really it's all about maximising revenues so maybe the club is on a financial precipice. If so lets hope it's not a deep one.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Don’t let the moaners put you off. Not had a single issue with NFC ticketing. Loads better than printing tickets at home.

This is warranted though. When it goes mobile only people won't be able to go any more. Regardless of how few people it affects, that's unacceptable.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, phoneticerror said:

I’ve not any issues with mine when I’ve moved or fort tickets for my lad, as you said much easier than printing at home. However I opted for a season card because I’ll give my ticket to a friend if I can’t make it, that needs to be possible once season tickets go mobile. 

• Like 3

Ok worked out a way around sharing your ticket without sending your screenshotted QR code on. Just send the person who will use your ticket the original email with apple wallet download link on. They download ticket onto their apple wallet. Doh. So two very easy methods to share your ticket if you can’t go 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Ok worked out a way around sharing your ticket without sending your screenshotted QR code on. Just send the person who will use your ticket the original email with apple wallet download link on. They download ticket onto their apple wallet. Doh. So two very easy methods to share your ticket if you can’t go 

I’m taking it you’ve tried this and it worked? As according to the ticket office it can only be downloaded once. 

3 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I’m taking it you’ve tried this and it worked? As according to the ticket office it can only be downloaded once. 

Ah, working is a different question! Season tickets are loaded into the wallet on a match by match basis, so need to be downloaded each time? I wonder…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I’ve not any issues with mine when I’ve moved or fort tickets for my lad, as you said much easier than printing at home. However I opted for a season card because I’ll give my ticket to a friend if I can’t make it, that needs to be possible once season tickets go mobile. 

Season ticket cards being replaced by digital is ridiculous IMO. Given that most people upgrade their phones in either late September or March when new iPhones/Samsungs are launched, that means switching it to a new device is gonna be a ball ache! Match by match basis as digital just works better.

Edited by phoneticerror

1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Here's the rub. Giving your season ticket card to a friend is actually illegal and this is precisely what the club are trying to prevent you from doing. 

What they should do (in my opinion) is let you do it a number of times a season (say 3) but o my to friends and family. Prevents industrial reselling whilst catering for the odd game we can't make. 

If the club want to stop people sharing season tickets then mobile tickets certainly isn't the way to go, since with mobile it's now even easier to share your ST - simply screenshot the QR code and send it to whoever is attending in your place. You don't even need to now meet up with the person you're giving it to to physically give them the card.

Just now, SemperEadem said:

We are Leicester City not Man United. There is no industrial reselling.

Its fans passing it onto family, friends, colleagues and other Leicester fans.

Absolutely no one is sat creaming off big money each week touting them out.

Hey - I'm agreeing with you. I'm just trying to point out that what you want to continue doing is what the club (currently) are seeking to prevent.