Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

Arsenal Away Sat 13.8.22 @ 1500. Pre match Doom and Gloom!

16 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

If we play two upfront we might have a chance but Brendan will set us up wrong for the umpteen time. The sooner our shackles are released with Brendan’s sacking the better 

Who are you leaving out to go 2 up front?  What formation would you play? 

14 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

4-1-3-2

Ward

Castagne

Fofana

Evans

Justin

Ndidi

KdH

Tielemans

Maddison

Nacho

Vardy

Don’t hate the formation tbf. But it seems very unlikely nacho plays, barely featured in preseason. Seems much more likely daka would play imo. 

1 minute ago, Dusty said:

Don’t hate the formation tbf. But it seems very unlikely nacho plays, barely featured in preseason. Seems much more likely daka would play imo. 

Same. I think Rodgers has Nacho in the same category as Soyuncu and Praet. Every time he thinks about two up top he has flashbacks to Nacho fluffing chances at Man City or Old Trafford.

3 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

If we play two upfront we might have a chance but Brendan will set us up wrong for the umpteen time. The sooner our shackles are released with Brendan’s sacking the better 

So many on here are BR haters  and I don't understand why ,best manager we have had  ,look back and see what he has done over the last 3 years ,Be careful what you wish for ,

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Watching AFTV will be even sweeter should we manage a win, preferably with some Vardy shithousing

I don't see why we can't beat them. The last time we played them at the KP they took advantage of our inability to get going in the first 20 minutes and after scoring those 2 goals hung on for dear life with multiple worldie saves by Ramsdale keeping their clean sheet intact. And then the last time we played at the Emirates we literally just finished playing 120 minutes against Rennes 48h before kick-off (while sporting a lineup missing Vardy, Fofana, Evans, Ndidi, Tielemans, JJ)

Agree... they are a good side but we have a hell of a midfield...Youri,Ndidi,KDH & Maddison..my main worry is that under Arteta they know how to use the "dark arts" typical spanish tactics ie fouling,diving,playing the ref..Granit Xhaka is a master at this...whereas we dont

30 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

I believe that this game will give us an idea where we may end up this season. 

...early season games are not a reflection of how the season will pan out!!!

I will always want to play the top 6 as early as possible, they tend to not be quite ready and liable to drop points. No point waiting until they are in a groove to play them.

• Like 1