Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

Arsenal Away Sat 13.8.22 @ 1500. Pre match Doom and Gloom!

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

If we can get a first goal then they'll wobble. We know what their home fans are like.

The optimist in me says draw but realistically I'll go for 3-1 Arsenal.

However I am looking forward to the day and a 3pm at Arsenal.

If we are to take the lead then it needs to be towards the end of the game otherwise we've got no hope of holding on. Trying to think back to the last time we took the lead against a decent team and saw it through? Probably Rennes at home but in the league it's possible the season before last. Very depressing knowing we have such a weak mentality.

• Like 3

I can see us shithousing this one. Arsenal fans are already requesting their name be etched onto the PL trophy, yet Vardy will forever be the king of shenanigans at that place. Still going for a 0-1 Vardy late tap in. 

Edited by Pliskin

4 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Wasn't that convinced by them vs Palace, but we're hardly in astonishing form. Would take a score draw right now.

If we play it well, we could surprise them. They’ll expect an easy win. 

Wither way, I’m heading to the ground expecting a defeat. Would celebrate a draw as a win like Brentford did yesterday!

Come on Leicester boys, make some f**king noise!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Wasn't that convinced by them vs Palace, but we're hardly in astonishing form. Would take a score draw right now.

Me too. We will have to weather a storm most likely in the first half and leave ourselves in a position towards the end of the game where we are still in touch. Either way I think it will be a tough game. If we get anything out of it then that will be a better result than yesterday. If we do go into an early lead then I will be happy at the time but it will be a case of poking the tiger and I’m not sure we would end the game ahead and without a few more grey hairs. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

If we are to take the lead then it needs to be towards the end of the game otherwise we've got no hope of holding on. Trying to think back to the last time we took the lead against a decent team and saw it through? Probably Rennes at home but in the league it's possible the season before last. Very depressing knowing we have such a weak mentality.

It just seems to be everybody. As soon as Brentford scored yesterday everyone was nervy. Deep down we knew what we gonna happen.

I can't remember the last time we held a lead against a good side.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It just seems to be everybody. As soon as Brentford scored yesterday everyone was nervy. Deep down we knew what we gonna happen.

Only plus point for me yesterday was how strong we looked at defending set pieces against a team with dome absolute units in. We then looked panicky in open play in the final 30 though.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Only plus point for me yesterday was how strong we looked at defending set pieces against a team with dome absolute units in. We then looked panicky in open play in the final 30 though.

I feel that we tend to bring it on ourselves by trying to go too defensive shutting up shop and inviting the opposition into ourselves. Football is a momentum game.  If we invite them to play in our half then it piles pressure on to ourselves. Yesterday we had Perez nacho albrighton Praet left on the bench if our players were tiring. Nothing against Daka but he isn’t one for necessarily holding possession in the attacking half. Taking KDH off was bizarre unless he had a niggle or tiring. He must be one of our fittest players surely. 

Edited by Supergray22
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I can see us shithousing this one. Arsenal fans are already requesting their name be etched onto the PL trophy, yet Vardy will forever be the king of shenanigans at that place. Still going for a 0-1 Vardy late tap in. 

Be great if we can get a result from this game they always celebrate like they’ve won the title when they get a result over us, I’m normally positive about Leicester but the way the Brentford game we went 2-0 up and could have lost I can’t really see a positive result from this other than a loss but I’m all for a KDH stunner a Vardy pi55 take around the defence to tap in, a Maddison screamer a Danny Ward clean sheet ?!

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think that panicky spell was due to the conditions and the tiredness of the lads losing concentration and an opposition with five fresh players against our knackered side, but yes there was a lot of promising positives In the set piece defending and how we played at times.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Liverpool home last season possibly

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Ward

Castagne Fofana Evans Justin

Ndidi

Tielemans KDH

Maddison Vardy Barnes

If Barnes isn't fit then play Daka and go with a diamond.

Like this. Or play a 4141 with ndidi at the base Praet on the right and Maddison at the tip close to Vardy. We are hampered at the moment by lack of wide options. We always seem to overlook Albrighton early doors or is he not fit?

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

If we can get a first goal then they'll wobble. We know what their home fans are like.

Yeah if I’m in an optimistic mood I think like this too. If I’m feeling negative I think stay in it and shithouse a result at the end. Truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. It will be a tough match. Arsenal are not where they were two or three seasons ago. Close proximity to one Arsenal supporter is bad enough let alone playing in front of a coven of them at their ground. 

Edited by Supergray22

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

If we get the first goal we'll sit on it all game until the inevitable happens :unsure:

1 hour ago, indierich06 said:

Same here. I can't understand this new love in with Arsenal. Palace had 2 of the best chances to score in the game and it was Ramsdale that saved Arsenal, just like he did against us last season, when he was MOM. If BR gets his team selection right we have a chance, but that's a big if. For me set pieces are the key. No way are Arsenal world beaters like alot of people think they are.