Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

Arsenal Away Sat 13.8.22 @ 1500. Pre match Doom and Gloom!

We’ve all supported us long enough to know how this is going to go. 

-Start incredibly slowly, arsenal all over us first 20 mins. 
-Arsenal score around 25 minute mark, we finish the half incredibly passively, not getting near them and chasing shadows. 
-Half time. 
-From 50-60 mins we actually look remotely half arsed and manage a few shots on target, giving us faint hope we’ll get back into the game. 

-65 mins, Arsenal goal from a corner. 
-89 mins, as BR looks to make his first sub of the match Arsenal get a third on the counter

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If we are to take the lead then it needs to be towards the end of the game otherwise we've got no hope of holding on. Trying to think back to the last time we took the lead against a decent team and saw it through? Probably Rennes at home but in the league it's possible the season before last. Very depressing knowing we have such a weak mentality.

Well we couldn't hold on for 10 seconds against Spurs last season and there were several other games we couldn't see things out for a few minutes just like yesterday.

This will be a spineless, classless, leaderless mess from kick off. They will come at us with pace from the off and as usual we will simply crumble. Game effectively over in the first half hour.

Anything under 3-0 to them will be a success.

Edited by reynard

23 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Same team but Soyuncu in for Amartey, we’ll get stuffed regardless

Not if it's still 3 at the back because Soyuncu is also almost as uncomfortable there. Ditch the formation it's shite for us. Have an extract midfielder by all accounts but anything but that again. 

We will be put to the sword by Jesus. This is not going to be pretty. Even if we are 2-0 up at half time, which we won’t be, the fear will cripple us again second half and we’d lose 4-2. 

On the flip side, we do like a result against the big sides, sometimes. 

5 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We're dreadful without wingers, so it's a good job we only have one that's any good. Oh and Midgers loves 3 at the back anyway.

Not everyone sees the obsessive need for wingers, there are other ways of playing. What is even worse is pretending you've got wing backs, who are really fullbacks who's only purpose appears to be to hold hands with the 3 centre halves and clog the midfield. Better to even hoof the ball over the top occasionally than to do that, at least Vardy and Maddison might have something to chase occasionally and keep the opposition a bit more occupied. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Not everyone sees the obsessive need for wingers, there are other ways of playing. What is even worse is pretending you've got wing backs, who are really fullbacks who's only purpose appears to be to hold hands with the 3 centre halves and clog the midfield. Better to even hoof the ball over the top occasionally than to do that, at least Vardy and Maddison might have something to chase occasionally and keep the opposition a bit more occupied. 

If Barnes is out I think Daka absolutely has to play, otherwise it's too easy to squeeze us higher up the pitch. Vardy can't outstrip player like he used to - nor can he do it on his own anyway. Off the top of my head we've only seen Vardy and Daka together at Liverpool away in the league cup where they were dangerous together.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stadt said:

If Barnes is out I think Daka absolutely has to play, otherwise it's too easy to squeeze us higher up the pitch. Vardy can't outstrip player like he used to - nor can he do it on his own anyway. Off the top of my head we've only seen Vardy and Daka together at Liverpool away in the league cup where they were dangerous together.

Whilst I think you're right, we're also so slow and ponderous at the back and in midfield that by the time anyone considers Vardy, the opposition are back and can smother any of his runs and any of his immediate pace is nullified. 

19 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

With our lack of wide options, just **** it and play Iheanacho, Vardy and Daka as a front 3. 

They're all central, it's impossible to work only Vardy in his early seasons here has played that position and even he struggled. The only way 4-3-3 could work is Maddison on the right and Albrighton on the left where he played in our league winning season and for some reason rarely ever been seen since.

Ndidi

KDH Tielemans

Maddison Vardy Albrighton

Better than any back five rubbish and the inverted wingers allows the full backs to overlap.

Alternatively, Perez in place of Maddison, Maddison for KDH and KDH for Albrighton on the left.

• Like 2

2 monumental mistakes on sunday were starting Amartey and subbing kdh- if we keep the same formation- start soyuncu instead of amartey and leave the bloody heart of our midfield alone I honestly dont think we were that bad on sunday- apart from the 2 glaring errors above- with no wingers its the best we have and exactly the same as my post last week on what the team should be

ward

fofana    evans   soyuncu

castagne       ndidi             justin

Tielemans    KDH

Maddison

Vardy

oh 

3 minutes ago, jv1 said:

2 monumental mistakes on sunday were starting Amartey and subbing kdh- if we keep the same formation- start soyuncu instead of amartey and leave the bloody heart of our midfield alone I honestly dont think we were that bad on sunday- apart from the 2 glaring errors above- with no wingers its the best we have and exactly the same as my post last week on what the team should be

ward

fofana    evans   soyuncu

castagne       ndidi             justin

Tielemans    KDH

Maddison

Vardy

oh and just in case rodgers has a look at this the subs are relatively simple mate- daka for vardy on 70, tielemans for praet before 80 if and when tielemans is knackered , mendy for ndidi again if he is knackered around 80-85- only use albrighton is one of the wing back literally cant run- and dont let amartey anywhere near the pitch- if he starts this saturday im going from on the fence to rodgers out immediately

8 minutes ago, Mark said:

They're all central, it's impossible to work only Vardy in his early seasons here has played that position and even he struggled. The only way 4-3-3 could work is Maddison on the right and Albrighton on the left where he played in our league winning season and for some reason rarely ever been seen since.

Ndidi

KDH Tielemans

Maddison Vardy Albrighton

Better than any back five rubbish and the inverted wingers allows the full backs to overlap.

Alternatively, Perez in place of Maddison, Maddison for KDH and KDH for Albrighton on the left.

You're right, them as a front 3 wouldn't generally work and I wasn't particularly serious but at the very least it would add some goal threat and unpredictability to our forward play. I think the side you suggested is what Rodgers would do but its so limited and reliant on an individual bit of brilliance for anything to happen. 

3 minutes ago, jv1 said:

oh 

oh and just in case rodgers has a look at this the subs are relatively simple mate- daka for vardy on 70, tielemans for praet before 80 if and when tielemans is knackered , mendy for ndidi again if he is knackered around 80-85- only use albrighton is one of the wing back literally cant run- and dont let amartey anywhere near the pitch- if he starts this saturday im going from on the fence to rodgers out immediately

and probably should clarify- id rather bring nacho on than daka all day long-  still havent seen anything from the bloke to tell me he is better than nacho- rant over- thanks

• Like 1