Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

Arsenal Away Sat 13.8.22 @ 1500. Pre match Doom and Gloom!

On 08/08/2022 at 09:37, Ric Flair said:

If we are to take the lead then it needs to be towards the end of the game otherwise we've got no hope of holding on. Trying to think back to the last time we took the lead against a decent team and saw it through? Probably Rennes at home but in the league it's possible the season before last. Very depressing knowing we have such a weak mentality.

There isn't a ground we collapse at more than this place either. I'd be absolutely amazed if we won. I just cannot see it. We're chalk and cheese with the feel about the clubs at the minute. Reminds me a little bit of when we played them in November 2019 - just knew we'd win that game. I feel the boots on the other foot this time.

34 minutes ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

Call me crazy but I'm not so pessimistic as everyone else about this. Think we played really well for 60 mins against Brentford, but as soon as the 1st went in the equaliser was inevitable. Soyuncu in for Amartey would be my only change, and I reckon we can nick a point or even steal a 2-1 win. 

We kept possession against a team who had no interest in pressing us and were happy for us to recycle it around the midfield and backline, limiting us to efforts from range. For all our possession we cut through them once with Maddisons diving header. Arsenal will press from the front and want the game at a much higher intensity than we enforced on Brentford. Unless we change the system I think we could be on for a thrashing.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

There isn't a ground we collapse at more than this place either. I'd be absolutely amazed if we won. I just cannot see it. We're chalk and cheese with the feel about the clubs at the minute. Reminds me a little bit of when we played them in November 2019 - just knew we'd win that game. I feel the boots on the other foot this time.

As some have said Arsenal away is a tough ask at any time. 

9 hours ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

Call me crazy but I'm not so pessimistic as everyone else about this. Think we played really well for 60 mins against Brentford, but as soon as the 1st went in the equaliser was inevitable. Soyuncu in for Amartey would be my only change, and I reckon we can nick a point or even steal a 2-1 win. 

Why play with 3 at the back at all? Fofana, Evans and an extra midfielder please.

• Like 1

Been to the arse away so many times.

Best I've seen was a 1-1 when Draper scored.

Usually in the home end with mates but in with our lot Saturday. 

Doubt that will change our fortunes but hopefully the beer will be cold.

That's about all I'm expecting but will give my all for the 90.

Hope everyone gets behind the club as its the club and its future which is the most important 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, filbertway said:

Not sure why we don't play Maddison off the left when Barnes is out. The man's made for cutting in and curling one in the far corner.

image.png.96bc10aa136febe2a76664d75b5b8538.png

This! Let the Belgiums link up too. Bring Vards on second half.  I don't want to see Dan starting.....

Edited by Hales

It used to be that I'd almost expect us to get something here, the old 'lose to Norwich and beat Man City the next week' thing.

These days I'm not so sure - there has been as crushing inevitability about our performances recently, from 60 minutes it's like we're on rails.

So if I feel like it's going that way by 70 minutes, I will exploit Arsenal's outdated lax sandwich size restrictions and take out part of the Clock End with a rocket-propelled baguette.

Edited by Bourbon Fox

18 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Ward 

Castagne - Fofana - Evans - Justin

Mendy - KDH - Ndidi 

Maddison  - Vardy  -  Albrighton 

I’d go with Youri in the middle with Wilf, KDH on the left side, Dennis on the right and Maddison behind Vardy

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I’d go with Youri in the middle with Wilf, KDH on the left side, Dennis on the right and Maddison behind Vardy

Quite like the sound of that, a 4411 with Praet and KDH as the wide midfielders in the 4.  Feels solid and gets Maddison close to Vardy, which is crucial. 

• Like 1