Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

Arsenal Away Sat 13.8.22 @ 1500. Pre match Doom and Gloom!

On 07/08/2022 at 18:08, Ric Flair said:

Got to be a back 4 please or at least get Soyuncu in for that complete clown at LCB.

My biggest disappointment today was how out of sorts Maddison looked.

4-3-2-1

Ward

Castagne

Evans

Fofana

Justin

Tielemans

Ndidi

KDH

Maddison

Praet

Vardy

Absolutely echo this! That is some team we have if we don’t use any of the weak squad away from this.

Id fancy our chances with this team.

Anything is better than 5 atb. I’m fed up of that formation that clearly never works. It icolates Vards, nowhere to create for the likes of Madders and just has Big Dan waddling around doing more harm that good inviting unwanted pressure.

The day BR realised the best way to stop conceding is to have 1 less player at the back and 1 more player further forward for my options is the day I’ll be dead.

• Like 1

On 09/08/2022 at 11:31, volpeazzurro said:

Not if it's still 3 at the back because Soyuncu is also almost as uncomfortable there. Ditch the formation it's shite for us. Have an extract midfielder by all accounts but anything but that again. 

...how about this...!!!

Ward

Castagne Fofana  Evans JJ

Wilf

Praet                    KDH

Perez        Maddison

Vardy

A very workmanlike midfield with Praet and KDH always ready to support. Wilf stays at home, the last line of defending the backline. Perez and Maddison as inverted #10s and of course Vardy on, switching to Daka on 60 minutes. Lots of running and physicality.

Tielemans and the use of the bench come into play later on, as it will be a hot one and Arsenal will hit us hard and fast. It would be good if Soumare is part of this.

Failing that, we go for a deep block and play two forwards, and play them on the counter?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...how about this...!!!

Ward

Castagne Fofana  Evans JJ

Wilf

Praet                    KDH

Perez        Maddison

Vardy

A very workmanlike midfield with Praet and KDH always ready to support. Wilf stays at home, the last line of defending the backline. Perez and Maddison as inverted #10s and of course Vardy on, switching to Daka on 60 minutes. Lots of running and physicality.

Tielemans and the use of the bench come into play later on, as it will be a hot one and Arsenal will hit us hard and fast. It would be good if Soumare is part of this.

Failing that, we go for a deep block and play two forwards, and play them on the counter?

I like it, all except Perez that is. I'd sooner have Albrighton or even try Daka there, possibly Iheanacho. 

Just now, CrazyKopCorner said:

Ward

Castagne     Fofana      Evans    JJ

Wilf   Youri 

Praet                      KDH

Maddison

Vardy

Would love to see this but we’d get absolutely torn to bits because Arsenal play with so much width, Gabriel Jesus’ movement up front is phenomenal as well. Can only see the same team from Brentford, sadly. 

19 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I like it, all except Perez that is. I'd sooner have Albrighton or even try Daka there, possibly Iheanacho. 

....all for work rate, Albrighton may not be able to stay in there with the tempo and Nacho is not a natural pressing in this area!!!

We are going to need to use our bench and Albrighton and Nacho are going to be used in this game, it just depends when Rodgers chooses to bring them on.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

The heat looks like it is going to be insane.

Could be as high as 36c sat pm in n London 

thats probably dangerous and no way will it be a traditional PL game.  Thinking of a team who you’d not want to play in that heat and arsenal are quite high up. But arteta now has them playing a v high pressing game and if we hold out nerve, we could keep the ball away from them. More likely we will be the ones knackered pretty quickly. 

not looking forward to watching this one 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Could be as high as 36c sat pm in n London 

thats probably dangerous and no way will it be a traditional PL game.  Thinking of a team who you’d not want to play in that heat and arsenal are quite high up. But arteta now has them playing a v high pressing game and if we hold out nerve, we could keep the ball away from them. More likely we will be the ones knackered pretty quickly. 

not looking forward to watching this one 

imagine there'll be water break planned, wonder if they'll make them every 15 mins if it's as hot as expected

12 minutes ago, filbertway said:

imagine there'll be water break planned, wonder if they'll make them every 15 mins if it's as hot as expected

I think the protocol is half way through each half. Unless both managers agree to do additional ones then I can’t see any changes to that and the PL may not be happy to see too many breaks on what is their top 3pm Saturday game