Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ThurmastonFox

First game of the season - the shambles

54 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

It's moaning let's be honest about it. 

I got a beer and was not in a queue to get it as I came earlier like they suggested 

The cards did work and if you didn't no how to use it you'd probably not watched the video that explained it. 

The OP said there was no food? Get there early then if you're hungry or eat somewhere else and save your self a few quid.

Not using 5 subs, or throwing away a 2 goal lead is just moaning. If you went to work and some random said you were doing your job wrong what would you say to him ? Probably F off and it's probably what BR and the players what to say about what seems to be the majority of the fans at the minute. 

Excuses end of.

• Like 1

just be thankful you can go! I’d give anything to have been back in the stadium soaking up the atmosphere in the sun. Instead i’ve not been able to get to england for 3 years. 

Id love to be able to moan about queing for a free beer to watch my beloved leicester.  

the result… while am disappointing wasn’t surprising at all for me tbh, the only surprising part is that we didn’t go on to lose it 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Qwerty said:

The water thing annoyed me.

But I took the lid off my bottle, kept it in my pocket, downed my water at the entrance and took the empty lid-less bottle in, which was allowed.  Then I got the staff at the bar to fill it with tap water for me, and put the lid back on. It was the most victorious part of the afternoon!!

It probably isn’t the club’s decision it’s more than likely  down to the local safety committee. I was involved with one of these and ended up scratching my head at some of the rules that were enforced often down towards bureaucratic supported by the local police.

The water thing probably is through fear that those dastardly 5 or 6 year olds just might have that water laced with Vodka and the bottle top thing is as we all probably know that the dammed bottles full with lids on can be thrown by ( apologies if you haven’t a clue who  The Goodies were  ) Hells Grannies.

When the club I was involved in started to sell tins of coke the council employees head  ( she had been on a course ) almost went into a spin . But the funniest thing was when it came to the smoking ban she was a smoker herself and came up with all sorts of ideas how we could facilitate smoking  and when the club said no smoking was going to be banned 100% she fell off her chair and started to talk about  abusing human rights 

• Haha 1

Guest Fox-66
19 hours ago, ThurmastonFox said:

Feel free to add to the list:

Had to decide between queuing for a free beer / water and queuing to get in the ground

NFT / Cards didn’t all work

No pies or sausage rolls in A1/2

Have 5 subs and decided not utilise them

Throw away a two goal lead 

Think this could be a fun season

Are you Jürgen Klopp? My Digital St worked fine. I took my own water in the ground with no problems. Disappointed to lose a two goal lead but we move on... 

17 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We’ve got some sort of communist regime running the club atm :ph34r:

Appears to me that the KP owner is a committed capitalist. Always been the case that the football fan gets shafted by the profit-making machine relying on his/her loyalty and love for the club, but this stop-and-search mentality belies the fan-loving scenario that Vichai engendered when he was around. Maybe the 99% sensible are suffering for the nutters amongst us. But having to having to pour water out of bottles seems just contrary.

49 minutes ago, Fox-66 said:

Are you Jürgen Klopp? My Digital St worked fine. I took my own water in the ground with no problems. Disappointed to lose a two goal lead but we move on... 

Nein but now you come to mention it we clearly are playing too many games. I mean. How can they expect us to play a full week after a tough match  against the Spanish giants of Seville which itself came after we had to play two games on the same day just to fit all our preseason friendlies in. 

Edited by ThurmastonFox

1 hour ago, Fox-66 said:

"We move on"  ... shouldn't we try and use this as a learning experience?  Players say this  when they dont want to discuss mistakes or short comings.

Guest Fox-66
19 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

"We move on"  ... shouldn't we try and use this as a learning experience?  Players say this  when they dont want to discuss mistakes or short comings.

Sure, discuss / complain / moan all you like (delete as you see fit) but we don't get the 2 points back that we lost on Sunday, hence my comment, 'we move on'. But also we did not concede from a corner so there's a postive, yes? :scarf: 

To be honest I was getting very disillusioned with the mentality of our current fan base but then I am reassured as I looked at Twitter... (some) Villa fans want 'Gerrard out' (after one game) and incredibly those wonderful Liverpool supporters are 'fighting' each other as some are complaining (after only drawing with Fulham) that they have only won the Premier League once in the last 30 years and the Champion League only twice in the time! . Some are calling for an 'overhaul', other complaining about team selection,  calling each other 'glory hunters' and suggesting they 'find another club to support'. So I guess it the state of the world now.

IMG_1931.jpg

1 minute ago, Fox-66 said:

Sure, discuss / complain / moan all you like (delete as you see fit) but we don't get the 2 points back that we lost on Sunday, hence my comment, 'we move on'. But also we did not concede from a corner so there's a postive, yes? :scarf: 

To be honest I was getting very disillusioned with the mentality of our current fan base but then I am reassured as I looked at Twitter... (some) Villa fans want 'Gerrard out' (after one game) and incredibly those wonderful Liverpool supporters are 'fighting' each other as some are complaining (after only drawing with Fulham) that they have only won the Premier League once in the last 30 years and the Champion League only twice in the time! . Some are calling for an 'overhaul', other complaining about team selection,  calling each other 'glory hunters' and suggesting they 'find another club to support'. So I guess it the state of the world now.

IMG_1931.jpg

I was being a bit pickey.  I knew what you meant . Sorry

There were things for all that were good and not so good.  I always believe we should id the things to work on... and move on endeavouring to be better.

Guest Fox-66
1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

I was being a bit pickey.  I knew what you meant . Sorry

There were things for all that were good and not so good.  I always believe we should id the things to work on... and move on endeavouring to be better.

All good, no problem.. All the best.

Wouldn't say it was a shambles (the word reminds of 'The Shambles' street in York) as such; just a costly annoyance in sending Dewsbury-Hall, a key figure in midfield, off for no particular reason.

Rodgers really needs to learn from this, and also other mistakes from last season - and he does let himself down at times.

6 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Wouldn't say it was a shambles (the word reminds of 'The Shambles' street in York) as such; just a costly annoyance in sending Dewsbury-Hall, a key figure in midfield, off for no particular reason.

Rodgers really needs to learn from this, and also other mistakes from last season - and he does let himself down at times.

Mistakes are part of all sports, even after collecting all those negatives….& experience…

you try something slightly different, to change approach..sometimes it works,sometimes an obvious benial twist of your competitor,leaves you standing in  a similar situation…except what people forget, you have moved forward your tactics did work, individuals started to improve & build consistency by taking it up a notch…..But people will only look at the days result, but not performance to get there….I will wait 7-10 games, or 2-3 events in the season,because first there is always your competitor, who looks like he’s stolen your season,then finds out

his progress is slower than your own,and one can drive forward into the season…

On 07/08/2022 at 21:40, Blackboots only said:

The large  queues to get into the family stand were always going to happen with the new ticketing system but made worse by security searching family’s to confiscate drinks. 
I saw small kids in tears as they were made to pour out there fruitshoots onto the floor whilst waiting in the blazing sun to get in. 
And what was with the over zealous security goons up in the stands, 

The whole thing was a fiasco. 
We were playing Brentford not Millwall in 1985

As supporters and customers we shouldn’t have to put up with this shit.  

Every single person should never buy a single thing in the concourse ever again until this changes 

I've actually confirmed with the club as I wasn't happy following the Sevilla game. You can take in unopened water up to 500ml, small packets of crisps/sweets, sandwich and thermos flask.

Edited by Sutton Fox

36 minutes ago, Sutton Fox said:

I've actually confirmed with the club as I wasn't happy following the Sevilla game. You can take in unopened water up to 500ml, small packets of crisps/sweets, sandwich and thermos flask.

I just can't understand any logic to this. It doesn't really impact me as I don't take anything in anyway but if anyone is on the next FCC please raise as an issue. 

On 07/08/2022 at 18:51, Unabomber said:

Apparently my dad couldn’t take his free water in to the ground yet could empty the water out, take the bottle in and have it re filled at the concourse. Seriously what is that all about. There are people in the world with no access to clean water, yet they are happy for us to pour out water on to the floor to take an empty bottle in to the stadium to then get it refilled. 

In all fairness, there's going to be people in the world without access to clean drinking water whether a steward at a football match makes you empty out a bottle or not. 

On 07/08/2022 at 21:48, goose2010 said:

The OP said there was no food? Get there early then if you're hungry or eat somewhere else and save your self a few quid.

This!!! People act like they're going to starve to death if they can't have a sausage roll or a pie for 90 minutes!! 

• Like 1

On 08/08/2022 at 12:59, gerblod said:

Appears to me that the KP owner is a committed capitalist. Always been the case that the football fan gets shafted by the profit-making machine relying on his/her loyalty and love for the club, but this stop-and-search mentality belies the fan-loving scenario that Vichai engendered when he was around. Maybe the 99% sensible are suffering for the nutters amongst us. But having to having to pour water out of bottles seems just contrary.

Are they though? Or is this a hangover from all the trouble English football witnessed towards the end of last season? 

My first thought was the FA have probably urged clubs to step up their security. 

Re the bottles of water, there's a lot more sinister things you can disguise a bottle of water as other than vodka like people keep suggesting.

If morons kept off pitches and stopped attacking players I doubt we would have to enforce these "capitalist" measures. 

Edited by JamieG