Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Items you're allowed to take into the Ground(Food)

Looks to me like a few of the security/queue management staff just didn't get briefed properly on what is and isn't allowed to be taken into the ground or that some took more of a heavy handed literal approach to the rules rather than a common sense approach. I seriously doubt there will be a problem going forward.

I would often take a couple of cans of Polish vitamin water in from Morrison's, honestly :sweating: and a couple chocolate bars. Can generally stave myself off food for a couple of hours if I know in advance, so never really use the concourses...

Anyway what are they enforcing this from. Is it something written in the ticket terms and conditions or a new counter-terrorism thing, particularly for football stadiums?

because it seems they're outright trying to force people into buying crap food. Even in cinemas you can take snacks in without much fuss these days.

12 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

because it seems they're outright trying to force people into buying crap food. Even in cinemas you can take snacks in without much fuss these days.

That's surely all this is?

What are they going to start doing, confiscating bags of crisp from families? Surely it's purely to put people off bringing their own into the ground and get them to buy in the concourse.

23 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Who decides as to if your sandwich is too big lol

The sandwich police? Probably repurposed pedantic thread posters lol.

Sorry son, you can't have ham and turkey, it can only be 1 meat no thicker than a slice of paper.  Bread? Not allowed, has to be lettuce wrapped without sauces.  Cheese? No, only fromunda allowed.

27 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

That's surely all this is?

What are they going to start doing, confiscating bags of crisp from families? Surely it's purely to put people off bringing their own into the ground and get them to buy in the concourse.

Scare tactics, that's all it is. "Dare I take the risk of being turned away or do I suck it up and pay the exorbitant prices for a rubbish pie and a bottle of lemonade"?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FoxesTez said:

Both of which are on the 'allowed' list...

:ph34r:

Depends on the size of your bag of sweets. "Small", who quantifies that?  Is it  one of those tiny bags Haribo's? Same with the "small sandwich". I mean, trying smuggle in a packed lunch with all the sides, ok. But a small sandwich. Ridiculous. 

Edited by Parafox

So they provide you with a free bottle of water which if you don't drink it all before you go in you will then not be allowed to take it in. 

Who thinks this madness up?