Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Items you're allowed to take into the Ground(Food)

8 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Scare tactics, that's all it is. "Dare I take the risk of being turned away or do I suck it up and pay the exorbitant prices for a rubbish pie and a bottle of lemonade"?

And it'll work. All those meek fools.last season desperate to show their proof of vax to a totally disinterested 19 yo student of somali descent, 'just in case'

• Like 1

It's just so stupid, this will generate an absolute maximum of what, £100,000 a year? Less any staff costs for the additional and it's a minute amount at the cost of pissing off our fanbase.

The catering on offer is expensive, mediocre and actually difficult to buy because the queues are usually awful. For so long we've resisted this horrid bean counter mentality.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Top tip: outwit the sandwich police  by using your sándwiches as makeshift odour eaters, once in your seat slip off your footwear and enjoy your smuggled in snack 👍🏻 

Or, for the ladies, panty liners. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’ve threatened it many times but I’ve made the first step this year. 

Gonna and booked five European trips across the season. That will make my mind up for away games. 

The end of the road could be nearby for me and having a ST

Out of interest where do you have planned

17 minutes ago, davieG said:

So they provide you with a free bottle of water which if you don't drink it all before you go in you will then not be allowed to take it in. 

Who thinks this madness up?

Saw the below on Facebook earlier, you were supposed to be fine to take bottles in if sealed but the stewards went OTT from the sound of it

image.png.974d3464ffad54bb41329a47c9fe079f.png

Edited by moore_94

1 hour ago, Jaspa said:

I would often take a couple of cans of Polish vitamin water in from Morrison's, honestly :sweating: and a couple chocolate bars. Can generally stave myself off food for a couple of hours if I know in advance, so never really use the concourses...

Anyway what are they enforcing this from. Is it something written in the ticket terms and conditions or a new counter-terrorism thing, particularly for football stadiums?

because it seems they're outright trying to force people into buying crap food. Even in cinemas you can take snacks in without much fuss these days.

The terrorists love an orange Fanta.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

The mini hitlers refused entry to my pheasant 

Perhaps they were confused and thought you were a peasant and they are definitely not allowed.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, whitwickfox said:

if ever there would be a terrorist attack god forbid, then what better than a football stadium. this really is for your safety although it could of been done better

Hmm, Large sandwich attack. Come on that's not even credible.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, whitwickfox said:

if ever there would be a terrorist attack god forbid, then what better than a football stadium. this really is for your safety although it could of been done better

No way a terrorist gets in if he has secreted a large bag of confectionary about his person 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, whitwickfox said:

Not taking in sandwiches????????

If it was a liquid based bomb do you not think that someone capable of making it could either reseal a drinks bottle or disguise it as a flask.

You've put as much thought into this as the club. ;)

Edited by hackneyfox
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Top tip: outwit the sandwich police  by using your sándwiches as makeshift odour eaters, once in your seat slip off your footwear and enjoy your smuggled in snack 👍🏻 

Even better, eat your sandwich and smuggle it in your tummy.

17 minutes ago, whitwickfox said:

Years back when they first started stopping you take liquids through security at airports my lad was a baby. We had a preprepared bottle of milk for the flight. Security asked me to take a sip of it and then asked why I was laughing. He saw my point when I explained that if I was willing to kill myself, my child and hundreds of others then I'd be able to take a sip of something explosive and not wince.