Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Items you're allowed to take into the Ground(Food)

This is so stupid, really puts me off going.  Kick off times randomly moved to coincide with meal times but don't you dare bring any food or drink for your kids...

The flask thing makes no sense, the different types of soft drinks in a bottle makes no sense, not letting a small child have a sip of drink before the ground makes no sense.   It's supposed to be entertainment, not SAS selection training. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

You can buy a load of booze in the stadium. Standard football procedure.

Just like every other event/venue/bar/pub/restaurant then. Because I can buy a load of booze form the dog and duck doesn’t mean I can come in with a 2l bottle of half red bull half Zapotec vodka 

Does the sandwich have to be square or triangular because the surface area of a square could be different to a triangle, think this should be made clearer by the club. Also  will the gate Gestapo carry tape measures to check on the size of the sandwich. Also a cob is round which again begs the question how do they work out the surface area of the cob will they use πr2 to see if it comes into the small sandwich rule at the turnstile.😄

53 minutes ago, FLAN said:

My son went to get a soft drink at half time and they poured it into a cup which isn’t that practical at a football match 

Also, the club have said in the past the they want to reduce their carbon footprint.  Then why pour Pepsi from a single use plastic bottle into another single use plastic cup.  Idiots.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Big Dave said:

Probably.  You could do some damage if you threw a 1lb solid pork pie at someone.  A sandwich is allowed as it breaks up in the air when you throw it :D

You could do some damage if you threw one of the pies they sell at the ground at someone as well

1 hour ago, FLAN said:

My son went to get a soft drink at half time and they poured it into a cup which isn’t that practical at a football match 

You can’t injure a ref with a plastic cup can you. Who thinks these things through?

3 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

I'm not sure on other areas of the ground but certainly around J, K & L Block they have been pouring bottles into plastic cups now.

Warm drinks, in cheap cups that just crumble in your hands, oh and the price has gone up for them too lol 

Just to add, so you get your soft drink in a crappy plastic cup to take to your seat. As we all know, it's predominantly standing in these blocks so you run the risk of wearing the drink in your socks if we score and there's a rush towards the away fans.

But what really annoys me is I don't like Pepsi, I prefer Coca-Cola. So they're not letting me bring in my own choice of soft drink, but their options on offer are crap.

14 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Cos they think it could be vodka. Yet they let flasks in. It doesn’t make sense.

I think they are hedging their bets that the type of person who is going to sneak vodka into the ground in a disposable bottle, is unlikely to be wandering around with a multi use thermos flask like Dwayne Dibley

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

Does the sandwich have to be square or triangular because the surface area of a square could be different to a triangle, think this should be made clearer by the club. Also  will the gate Gestapo carry tape measures to check on the size of the sandwich. Also a cob is round which again begs the question how do they work out the surface area of the cob will they use πr2 to see if it comes into the small sandwich rule at the turnstile.😄

They'll use - Archimedes' principle states that the upward buoyant force that is exerted on a body immersed in a fluid, whether fully or partially, is equal to the weight  and have bucket of water handy

4 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Is a pork pie on the banned list? Scotch eggs?

Maybe as long as you don't call it a Pork Pie