Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Items you're allowed to take into the Ground(Food)

7 hours ago, Big Dave said:

Probably.  You could do some damage if you threw a 1lb solid pork pie at someone.  A sandwich is allowed as it breaks up in the air when you throw it :D

Ive always wondered how Villa fans got all those cabbages in the ground 

2 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Surely if it's the potential of having alcohol in an unsealed 500ml bottle, only let sealed bottles in :dunno:

I always nip to b&m before the game and buy a bottle of coke for a quid - the same one which costs like 4 quid in the stadium. Still sealed but they made me chuck it. That boils down to moneymaking, there is literally no other reason.

How do they explain letting flasks in then in that situation? Are they checking every flask for alcohol, or are they just inconsistent and squeezing the fans for every penny like your second para suggests.

6 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Surely if it's the potential of having alcohol in an unsealed 500ml bottle, only let sealed bottles in :dunno:

I always nip to b&m before the game and buy a bottle of coke for a quid - the same one which costs like 4 quid in the stadium. Still sealed but they made me chuck it. That boils down to moneymaking, there is literally no other reason.

Judging by the email sent out, they were supposed to let sealed bottles in so you were unlucky and had some plum who didn't know the rules. 

1 hour ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Presumably because the contents could have been altered or tampered with like alcohol could have been put in it I suppose. Sealed bottles can not have been tampered with.

So what’s the difference with a flask?

13 hours ago, Big Dave said:

Also, the club have said in the past the they want to reduce their carbon footprint.  Then why pour Pepsi from a single use plastic bottle into another single use plastic cup.  Idiots.

Because the reality is they don’t give a shit really, it’s all to do with profits. They’ll preach about us going green etc. Then print 20k clappers every match. 

Eat & Drink before you go....Best Way to leave all the stadia,until they understand...!!

I don t eat/Drink on British motorways..Nor in the past   in Sporting-stadia.

Its so easy..und Only Losers are the Stadia-caterers..

I must confess , I have enjoyed the hospitality Catering in various Boxes around the world...but Never has the foot-clientel,especially in England.

We English know Now to fk up a Good oportunity & sell shit....

7 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Eat & Drink before you go....Best Way to leave all the stadia,until they understand...!!

I don t eat/Drink on British motorways..Nor in the past   in Sporting-stadia.

Its so easy..und Only Losers are the Stadia-caterers..

I must confess , I have enjoyed the hospitality Catering in various Boxes around the world...but Never has the foot-clientel,especially in England.

We English know Now to fk up a Good oportunity & sell shit....

West Ham are set to answer criticism of prices of food and drink at the London Stadium by lowering them for their next home game.

10 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Presumably because the contents could have been altered or tampered with like alcohol could have been put in it I suppose. Sealed bottles can not have been tampered with.

Without looking closely they'd find it hard to tell whether it's been opened.

10 hours ago, Bert said:

So what’s the difference with a flask?

I completely agree, if unsealed bottles are allowed in then flasks shouldn't be either. I think the world's gone mad honestly, just let people bring whatever they want in no cans or glass bottles but plastic bottles flasks etc should be fine

• Like 3

5 hours ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

West Ham are set to answer criticism of prices of food and drink at the London Stadium by lowering them for their next home game.

It Not just the prices,Bit often th e crap they have on offer....

Why pasties,Pies, Samozas ,Balti-pies, they cant even get right as a simple faire, & decent price...:dunno:

Further to the review, the Club has agreed that sealed non-alcoholic drinks (i.e. soft drinks / water) of 500ml or less in plastic bottles will be allowed in the stadium, however, the Club will conduct dynamic risk assessments on the perceived threat of missile-throwing on a match-by-match basis. Any open bottles must have their liquid discarded prior to entry at turnstiles (they can then be refilled with water from the concourse kiosks, if required). Non-alcoholic drinks ‘pouches’ and refillable water containers will also be allowed into the stadium.

Via - Email

Common sense prevails!!