Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Leicester’s Transfer Situation Explained - Rob Dorsett - Worth Reading!

6 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:

Rodgers not sticking to the script with his 'refresh' assertion must have been extremely annoying to a club that is trying to implement a long term strategy to stay competitive in the Premier League despite the huge economic advantages enjoyed by the rich 6 plus

It is indeed difficult to balance the narratives and who knows what inspired Rodgers to say what he did. I'm almost tempted to go back to it and read/listen again for nuance. Maybe it was actually couched in very ideal and hopeful terms rather the 'we will' that many/most of us fans believed. 

Our maybe he was playing games? Or didn't get the memo/was off sick that day. Whatever, it has certainly been counter productive. 

Very good write up by Rob Dorsett pity some of his colleagues on Sky and the Leicester Mercury and also Talk Shite don't do some investigative work on the club, I mean they have Tim 'nice but dim' Sherwood slating the club at the weekend, also Kavehi & Dharmesh with their so called contacts going on, plus others.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Correction on the timeline here: Rodgers talked about the refresh in February. UEFA announced new financial control rules in April, which came into effect in June. 

For all we know BR and the Club were on the same page about a rebuild in February. 

Didn't Top make some statement at that time abut room to make changes with some wheeler dealing?

This  - https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-transfers-chairman-finances-7125687

May 2022

City chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha has said the club have organised their finances in anticipation of summer transfers with 'big deals' to have a knock-on effect

ByJordan Blackwell
12:38, 25 MAY 2022

Leicester City chairman Aiyawatt ‘Top’ Srivaddhanaprabha says the club has planned their finances in anticipation of an “interesting” summer transfer window.

City and manager Brendan Rodgers are planning a refresh of the squad this summer, and while some of their deals will be funded by the sales of outgoing players, Top says the club have prepared “for a degree of player trading”. He is also anticipating big deals around Europe having a knock-on effect as City go about their business over the summer.

Writing in the final matchday programme of the season, Top said: “Options and opportunities to strengthen the squad is something our football and recruitment department are constantly looking at, not just during the summer. That may lead to some trading for us to improve the squad, which is a process I've always been happy to support for the good of the club.

"We manage our finances to plan for a degree of player trading and we'll continue to look for the best investments we can make. The global market will be interesting this summer, given some of the big deals we know are taking place. Those deals have an impact on every other club potentially looking to trade in the window, so it will be interesting to see.”

Rodgers is hoping for five or six new signings as part of his refresh, but with no European football to offer, there will be more than that heading for the exit. Youri Tielemans, Caglar Soyuncu, and then a handful of players on the fringes are likely to be sold, while a centre-back, a box-to-box midfielder, and a right-sided winger are the priorities coming in.

The hope is that those changes will reinvigorate the squad and get City challenging in the upper echelons of the table again, as they did in the previous two seasons. Top said: “We’ve had some difficult circumstances this season, but that’s football and sometimes you have to accept that and look to come back stronger.

“As long as we continue to stand and fight for our club together – fans, players, staff, the Leicester City family – we’ll continue to move forward and build on the amazing success we’ve had in recent seasons. The standards we have set for the club in recent years have raised expectations, which is something we should always aspire to. Together, we’ll continue to make Leicester City the very best it can be.”

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Very good write up by Rob Dorsett pity some of his colleagues on Sky and the Leicester Mercury and also Talk Shite don't do some investigative work on the club, I mean they have Tim 'nice but dim' Sherwood slating the club at the weekend, also Kavehi & Dharmesh with their so called contacts going on, plus others.

These two are the pits. They're supposed to be journalists. So clueless. I can forgive Sherwood to an extent, but these two come across as completely brain dead.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

So no player will be sold on the cheap. And to that end, I've been told that privately, Leicester's bosses have found Newcastle's offers for Maddison verging on the offensive.

My first favourite bit. 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

But my understanding is that, whilst ambitious, he is happy at Leicester - hence him signing a contract extension just five months ago.

And my second bit re: Fofana. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Issa Diop? The big noise from West Ham is he's off for about £12m; but I thought it was to Fulham?

Have to admit I didn't pay much attention.

Or are you talking a different Diop?

Sofiane Diop from Monaco. Convinced it will happen, he's the only genuine sustained link we've had all summer, we had scouts at their game at the weekend where he scored the winner and there's some noise that he's not happy because he wasn't played quite as much under Clement in the final part of last season.

Add in they have been dumped out of the CL qualifiers last night to PSV and that they already have 4-5 other wingers and 4 strikers and that they want Soumare off us then he's primed to leave.... and not sign for us.

58 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Vestergaard, Perez and Soumare out.

Diop and Blas in

Yes I agree with this. I think Soumare definitely needs to go, he's simply not upto Premier League speed or from what I have seen the basic quality needed. I'd accept £10m. Perez has shown flashes here and there but needs game time, I think he'll go if an offer comes in around £10-£15m. Vestergaard perhaps should go (maybe £10m again) but I'd be less worried about him going especially if we were to lose Fofana or suffer an injury to say Evans. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

We now have 25 first team players, whom of which are long term injured in Ricardo and Bertrand. If what is being said that we have money available then for every additional player that leaves between now and 1st September I'd expect to see us look to bringing players in, otherwise it runs a bit deeper than that.

Depends on who the club is counting, if they are including the likes of Wright etc after the 3 outs we are still at 29 over the 21 threshold.

1    Kasper Schmeichel

2    Danny Ward

3    James Justin

4    Wesley Fofana

5    Caglar Soyuncu 

6    Ryan Bertrand

7    Jonny Evans

8    Daniel Amartey

9    Ricardo Pereira

10    Jannik Vestergaard

11    Timothy Castagne

12    Luke Thomas (UNDER 21)

13    Lewis Brunt

14    Harvey Barnes

15    Youri Tielemans

16    James Maddison

17    Marc Albrighton

18    Hamza Choudhury LOAN 

19    Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

20    Nampalys Mendy

21    Wilfred Ndidi

22    Dennis Praet

23    Boubakary Soumare

24    Thanawat Suengchitthawon

25    Jamie Vardy

26    Kelechi Iheanacho

27    Ayoze Perez

28    Khanya Leshabela (LOAN)

29    Callum Wright

30    Daniel Iversen

31    George Hirst

32    Josh Eppiah

33    Jakub Stolarczyk

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sofiane Diop from Monaco. Convinced it will happen, he's the only genuine sustained link we've had all summer, we had scouts at their game at the weekend where he scored the winner and there's some noise that he's not happy because he wasn't played quite as much under Clement in the final part of last season.

Add in they have been dumped out of the CL qualifiers last night to PSV and that they already have 4-5 other wingers and 4 strikers and that they want Soumare off us then he's primed to leave.... and not sign for us.

Interesting; I had no idea he would be available. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Nothing there that hasn’t been said by people on here. It all seems fairly obvious.

Correct. But I think one problem is the ground improvement. Had it been passed and something was happening people would believe it.

But people on here have even said is it the club holding it up.

End of the day it is all about money though.

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Correction on the timeline here: Rodgers talked about the refresh in February. UEFA announced new financial control rules in April, which came into effect in June. 

For all we know BR and the Club were on the same page about a rebuild in February. 

I don't think that the model to remain competitive in the premier league was hatched in response to the February UEFA rule changes. Those running our club plan years not months ahead and that is why they have been so successful in running businesses, be they football clubs or duty free empires. Rather the rule changes just reinforced that strategy. Rodgers has his own agenda and needs to tread more carefully if he wants to remain in one of the best coaching jobs in football.

33 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Depends on who the club is counting, if they are including the likes of Wright etc after the 3 outs we are still at 29 over the 21 threshold.

1    Kasper Schmeichel

2    Danny Ward

3    James Justin

4    Wesley Fofana

5    Caglar Soyuncu 

6    Ryan Bertrand

7    Jonny Evans

8    Daniel Amartey

9    Ricardo Pereira

10    Jannik Vestergaard

11    Timothy Castagne

12    Luke Thomas (UNDER 21)

13    Lewis Brunt

14    Harvey Barnes

15    Youri Tielemans

16    James Maddison

17    Marc Albrighton

18    Hamza Choudhury LOAN 

19    Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

20    Nampalys Mendy

21    Wilfred Ndidi

22    Dennis Praet

23    Boubakary Soumare

24    Thanawat Suengchitthawon

25    Jamie Vardy

26    Kelechi Iheanacho

27    Ayoze Perez

28    Khanya Leshabela (LOAN)

29    Callum Wright

30    Daniel Iversen

31    George Hirst

32    Josh Eppiah

33    Jakub Stolarczyk

Those not given a squad number will not be what's holding up incomings, they'll be on less than £30k a week collectively and when they are loaned out or released, their wages won't be covered much by clubs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

I wouldn't even bother mate, some will blame Rodgers for the sun being out for so long just so his teeth will twinkle & gleam in his post match interviews.

Seems like those teeth have you hypnotized pal. Keep drinking the Rodgers' 'cool' aid but be careful what you're prepared to settle for. Rodgers needs to focus on improving his own performance levels rather than on manipulating the narrative. Blatantly throwing away 2 points on Sunday wasn't a great start no matter how big the salary you are hiding behind.  

"So no player will be sold on the cheap. And to that end, I've been told that privately, Leicester's bosses have found Newcastle's offers for Maddison verging on the offensive." 

Love this. It could be taken as the offers themselves were way below our valuation, but also Newcastle of all clubs having the audacity to try and sign one of our prized assets despite being an inferior club has offended the club. Gonna love the Geordie tears this sentence will hopefully generate. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Issa Diop? The big noise from West Ham is he's off for about £12m; but I thought it was to Fulham?

Have to admit I didn't pay much attention.

Or are you talking a different Diop?

...different Diop, Sofiane Diop (Monaco) is who we are looking at and Blas is a quality player we need!!!

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...different Diop, Sofiane Diop (Monaco) is who we are looking at and Blas is a quality player we need!!!

Both at a good age also. Is there any suggestion at all that Blas wants out of Nantes or that Nantes will allow him to go? Are we linked to him? That's passed me by altogether.

I'm not convinced either are that suited to the PL and do wonder if we're just repeating the Soumare experiment. Are we not better to persevere with him? I genuinely don't know.

BR's mind seems made up and I suppose that is the only important thing.

• Like 1

Need to praise this article on two counts;

It’s raised my spirits a bit after what has been a pretty miserable close season, all things considered. I know a bunch of people have been saying everything that Dorsett says, but sometimes it’s hard to see the wood for the trees.

He also has a bit of a dig at Mahrez’ behaviour when he tried to force a move, which I have a lot of time for.  :ph34r:

• Like 1