Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Arsenal (A) Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

You got to take into consideration though and i mentioned this earlier. Fofanna and Ward had a missunderstanding and tbh that will improve with time. If Fofanna wasnt intruding in that space when Ward came out for the ball it wouldnt have been a goal. 

It's not one incident though. He makes the run to where wes is standing wes doesn't intrude the space. It should have been quite clear to him alot earlier he was struggling to reach it aswell. Just let wes clear it.

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I dont blame him for not being good enough I blame the person who decided he is. 

We can support him all we like. He isn't good enough and never will be. There's a reason he's spent his entire career on a bench. 

In over his head now. Sign of a shite manager.

Arsenal were/are back to being that One Touch side,they are Technically better than we are....I

Arsenal collect their normal 3fps from us, but this an Away game against a Top 4 side.....

We played ok,  but we couldnt Touch them(Annual event...)

Nothing in this game to lose Sleep overr.....

Would like Praet to start than Amartey  in such a formation...

4 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I dont blame him for not being good enough I blame the person who decided he is. 

We can support him all we like. He isn't good enough and never will be. There's a reason he's spent his entire career on a bench. 

That’s quite a bold prediction based on?

12 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

Stupid mistakes aside, Ward has made some decent saves. Clearly one of the key differences between a #1 and #2 is consistency. 

He didn't have a pre season either right? I'm not sold on him being a long term answer but for this season, I mean it's a ****ing right off anyway who gives a shit 

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

That’s quite a bold prediction based on?

His performances since he's been here. He's not a new signing is he. We all knew he wasn't very good when he signed. It's not a shock. There's not been a game since he's been here where you've gone 'I feel comfortable with Ward in goal'. 

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Arsenal were/are back to being that One Touch side,they are Technically better than we are....I

Arsenal collect their normal 3fps from us, but this an Away game against a Top 4 side.....

We played ok,  but we couldnt Touch them(Annual event...)

Nothing in this game to lose Sleep overr.....

Would like Praet to start than Amartey  in such a formation...

Why? I don’t believe they’re much better than us player for player? Why did they seem that much better? Get Rodgers out 

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

His performances since he's been here. He's not a new signing is he. We all knew he wasn't very good when he signed. It's not a shock. There's not been a game since he's been here where you've gone 'I feel comfortable with Ward in goal'. 

Well we are not getting a new #1 so we better suck it up and get behind him, or go with Iversen

There has to be a balance when you look at every player. Yes Ward messed up for their 3rd, but he also made some good saves, especially in the 1st half. Overall I dont think he's the disaster some are making out. Let's not revise history and make out Kasper never made any errors.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

You got to take into consideration though and i mentioned this earlier. Fofanna and Ward had a missunderstanding and tbh that will improve with time. If Fofanna wasnt intruding in that space when Ward came out for the ball it wouldnt have been a goal. 

Not really something we had to worry too much about with Kasper. Only half joking... 

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Well we are not getting a new #1 so we better suck it up and get behind him, or go with Iversen

I know we're not and it's blown my mind. 

Like I said, I don't blame him I blame the manager. But I'm not turning a blind eye every game because it might hurt his feelings if we make our opinions known that a new keeper is absolutley pivotal. 

5 minutes ago, GoonerJeeves said:

We're miles away from the title, but this is the first season in quite some time that we are well prepared. We've finally gotten a good striker. 

Yea, by recent years standards you're in great shape, but wouldn't judge anything on battering us in our current predicament. Still think there's a couple of years work before you can challenge for honours, but you've had arguably the best transfer window and you're in with a shout for that 4th Champion's League spot so good luck.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I know we're not and it's blown my mind. 

Like I said, I don't blame him I blame the manager. But I'm not turning a blind eye every game because it might hurt his feelings if we make our opinions known that a new keeper is absolutley pivotal. 

The club let Kasper go - are they to blame?

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

How is Ward the managers fault? The club let Schmeichel go after such great service due his wishes. :dunno:

It will all still have to be signed off by the manager... it's not like it would have all been out of the blue. We knew something was going on at the end of last season. 

19 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

As a goalkeeper you have to get that ball at all costs. There will be players in your way almost every time. Wes was bad today but that goal was 100% on Ward.

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It will all still have to be signed off by the manager... it's not like it would have all been out of the blue. We knew something was going on at the end of last season. 

Yeah, seem to recall it was at least mentioned early in the window. If it was Brendan who insisted on Bertrand, Vestergaard, et al, then he should be prohibited from transfer involvement, only allowed to pick from a list presented by the scouting team.

I do think he will be gone within the next year though (Brendan that is)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yeah, seem to recall it was at least mentioned early in the window. If it was Brendan who insisted on Bertrand, Vestergaard, et al, then he should be prohibited from transfer involvement, only allowed to pick from a list presented by the scouting team.

I do think he will be gone within the next year though (Brendan that is)

If we carry on as we are we don't really have a choice. I dont think there's been a convincing argument as to why he wasn't gone before the start of the season really but you hope for the best don't you. I do think the longer he's given the worse we'll be long term. 

34 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It's not one incident though. He makes the run to where wes is standing wes doesn't intrude the space. It should have been quite clear to him alot earlier he was struggling to reach it aswell. Just let wes clear it.

17 minutes ago, Phenom said:

As a goalkeeper you have to get that ball at all costs. There will be players in your way almost every time. Wes was bad today but that goal was 100% on Ward.

I sorta get what you both saying and don’t disagree. But I’m sure with more time playing together these sort of incidents will sort themselves out.

I do know that it wouldn’t have been a goal if kasper was in the sticks. :(  

Brendan Rodgers Post Match vs Arsenal

Rodgers on the defeat

"I thought it was a mixed bag in terms of some really good bits of play, but we've made mistakes today that has led to their goals."

Rodgers on the Foxes' mentality

"At 2-0 you can either crumble or keep fighting. At half time we said we've got to keep believing and keep working. We got to 2-1 but on two occasions in the second half we killed our own momentum."

Rodgers on not being able to keep themselves in the game

"It's a lack of experience from a number of players in our team that aren't used to the level. You've got to look after the ball and certainly in the fourth goal you can see we've given it away."

Rodgers' thoughts on the performance

"It was a mixed bag. The players gave everything. It was an extremely hot day. We were aggressive but obviously have to play a certain way because of the profile of players we have."

Rodgers continued

"We played a 3-4-3 and then we went to a diamond because we've got no wingers. So it's restrictive a little bit in how we play. But what I said to the players is they give absolutely everything, we've just got to cut out the mistakes."

Rodgers also spoke about the aggression and desire of his players

"We're playing a system that doesn't allow you to press as intensely as you would in a different system. There's absolutely no question of the desire of these players. Look at what they've done in three years."

Rodgers on VAR overturning Vardy's penalty shout

"I haven't had the chance to see it, I could only see it from the side. What I do think is that it's an unrealistic action that the referee is watching on VAR. When you see it in slow-motion it's not relative to the game."

Brendan Rodgers also said he had no further update on midfielder Boubakary Soumaré's potential transfer move away from Leicester City.

• Thanks 2