Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Arsenal (A) Match Thread

21 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Brendan Rodgers Post Match vs Arsenal

Rodgers on the defeat

"I thought it was a mixed bag in terms of some really good bits of play, but we've made mistakes today that has led to their goals."

Rodgers on the Foxes' mentality

"At 2-0 you can either crumble or keep fighting. At half time we said we've got to keep believing and keep working. We got to 2-1 but on two occasions in the second half we killed our own momentum."

Rodgers on not being able to keep themselves in the game

"It's a lack of experience from a number of players in our team that aren't used to the level. You've got to look after the ball and certainly in the fourth goal you can see we've given it away."

Rodgers' thoughts on the performance

"It was a mixed bag. The players gave everything. It was an extremely hot day. We were aggressive but obviously have to play a certain way because of the profile of players we have."

Rodgers continued

"We played a 3-4-3 and then we went to a diamond because we've got no wingers. So it's restrictive a little bit in how we play. But what I said to the players is they give absolutely everything, we've just got to cut out the mistakes."

Rodgers also spoke about the aggression and desire of his players

"We're playing a system that doesn't allow you to press as intensely as you would in a different system. There's absolutely no question of the desire of these players. Look at what they've done in three years."

Rodgers on VAR overturning Vardy's penalty shout

"I haven't had the chance to see it, I could only see it from the side. What I do think is that it's an unrealistic action that the referee is watching on VAR. When you see it in slow-motion it's not relative to the game."

Brendan Rodgers also said he had no further update on midfielder Boubakary Soumaré's potential transfer move away from Leicester City.

F@ck off with these constant excuses, it's not acceptable to keep reeling off the same drivel to hide his failure to fix our mistakes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Rodgers on the defeat

"I thought it was a mixed bag in terms of some really good bits of play, but we've made mistakes today that has led to their goals."

"At 2-0 you can either crumble or keep fighting. At half time we said we've got to keep believing and keep working. We got to 2-1 but on two occasions in the second half we killed our own momentum."

"It's a lack of experience from a number of players in our team that aren't used to the level. You've got to look after the ball and certainly in the fourth goal you can see we've given it away."

"It was a mixed bag. The players gave everything. It was an extremely hot day. We were aggressive but obviously have to play a certain way because of the profile of players we have."

Rodgers continued

"We played a 3-4-3 and then we went to a diamond because we've got no wingers. So it's restrictive a little bit in how we play. But what I said to the players is they give absolutely everything, we've just got to cut out the mistakes."

"We're playing a system that doesn't allow you to press as intensely as you would in a different system. There's absolutely no question of the desire of these players. Look at what they've done in three years."

"I haven't had the chance to see it, I could only see it from the side. What I do think is that it's an unrealistic action that the referee is watching on VAR. When you see it in slow-motion it's not relative to the game."

Brendan Rodgers also said he had no further update on midfielder Boubakary Soumaré's potential transfer move away from Leicester City.

Even the attempts at positives feel like veiled compliments to himself and not the players “look at what they’ve done in the last three years”… Translation: “look at what I’ve done in the last three years”. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Why? I don’t believe they’re much better than us player for player? Why did they seem that much better? Get Rodgers out 

Yep thats also our problem...fans Dreaming & overrating our team.!!!

We have a Good squad....But they don t Match the Top 1-6 rescources...& In these couple of seasons where Arsenal struggled,they have the name & Ressources

to hit back and return to their Top 6 ways....Ditto Spurs..!!...

We have closed the Gap....But thats all, hopefully we can Stay an irritating factor & consistently find Away to pepper that Top 6 momopoly..

Rodgers stays or goes will Not Change that....So far we cant judge...2me game in,where even in the title season,they beat us 2-5 at home...

we are a Top 10- 6 side, who aspiration are First to find a consistent era that might push us occasionally into those covetted Top 4-1 positions....

it will Take time..!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I sorta get what you both saying and don’t disagree. But I’m sure with more time playing together these sort of incidents will sort themselves out.

I do know that it wouldn’t have been a goal if kasper was in the sticks. :(  

Kasper like others were Not that good...even Banks,Shilton and my Uncle Eric would Never of Saved the situation.....

Because they Simply arent time-travellers.....Ward was there & tried his best,Plus he also Made a couple of Top notch saves....

People should learn to Relax & give players the room & Space to Grow & teamup together....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Line-X said:

And how I've missed those flat back fives at home to Stoke and Hull City. 

How I love how we slowly pass sideways and backwards before giving the ball away when trying forwards, just can't beat it. And I'm loving how we concede every other game or more from a set piece. Happy days indeed. And it's been like that for nearly two years, living the dream indeed. ;-)

1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

F@ck off with these constant excuses, it's not acceptable to keep reeling off the same drivel to hide his failure to fix our mistakes. 

47 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Even the attempts at positives feel like veiled compliments to himself and not the players “look at what they’ve done in the last three years”… Translation: “look at what I’ve done in the last three years”. 

You both should apply, for the Sports physcologists job then...

know what every manager is thinking....!

54 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Exactly. He's a smarmy twat isn't he, how could anyone ever trust him. 

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Rodgers on the defeat

Rodgers continued

. There's absolutely no question of the desire of these players. Look at what they've done in three years."

“We have not no wingers” 

Pass the blame to the Board.

"We're playing a system that doesn't allow you to press as intensely as you would in a different system”

which he can’t play as he hasn’t secured the signings he wants.

He is covered for the whole season, if he doesn’t get any signings.

36 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Yep thats also our problem...fans Dreaming & overrating our team.!!!

We have a Good squad....But they don t Match the Top 1-6 rescources...& In these couple of seasons where Arsenal struggled,they have the name & Ressources

to hit back and return to their Top 6 ways....Ditto Spurs..!!...

We have closed the Gap....But thats all, hopefully we can Stay an irritating factor & consistently find Away to pepper that Top 6 momopoly..

Rodgers stays or goes will Not Change that....So far we cant judge...2me game in,where even in the title season,they beat us 2-5 at home...

we are a Top 10- 6 side, who aspiration are First to find a consistent era that might push us occasionally into those covetted Top 4-1 positions....

it will Take time..!

Financially of course we're behind but the quality of the players at our disposal should definitely be able to compete with all but Liverpool and City. 

A manager capable of getting more, not even the absolute maximum out of the players, would absolutely be able to compete with the top 6.

32 minutes ago, squidsworth said:

living the dream indeed. ;-)

Well, I very much enjoyed winning the FA cup in my lifetime. So yeah, that was living the dream. 

Regarding Brendan Rodger's recent style of management and football, at no stage am I defending it. What gave you that impression? Yet again, it was another misty eyed lament for Nigel Pearson that prompted my response. 

Just now, Line-X said:

Well, I very much enjoyed winning the FA cup in my lifetime. So yeah, that was living the dream. 

Regarding Brendan Rodger's recent style of management and football, at no stage am I defending it. What gave you that impression? Yet again, it was another misty eyed lament for Nigel Pearson that prompted my response. 

Good. :-) Surprised you knocking Pearson though, I've always held him in high regard, he took us at least to the beginning of the next level in my eyes.  Now we're heading around in a full circle, probably wouldn't be a bad call to see him around the place again. ;-p I'll get my jacket....

11 minutes ago, squidsworth said:

Good. :-) Surprised you knocking Pearson though, I've always held him in high regard, he took us at least to the beginning of the next level in my eyes.  Now we're heading around in a full circle, probably wouldn't be a bad call to see him around the place again. ;-p I'll get my jacket....

I'm not knocking him, but he certainly isn't the tactical/strategic genius that some seem to give him credit for. He played a vital role in the history and progression of this football club but beyond his man management and motivational skills, (qualities clearly we are in desperate need of), would be completely exposed and found wanting at this level in the contemporary game. He's played his part, I think every LCFC supporter is justifiably grateful, can we please, please move on now? 

• Like 2

Just watched the first 25 mins. We were playing well against a top side away and then they scored a worldy which anyone would have been hard pressed to prevent. I'm just getting a drink to go back for the next bit. But the first 25 was nowhere near as bad as I heard on here. 

14 minutes ago, GoonerJeeves said:

Based on this game, I don't understand why some are talking about "relegation". You're far too good for that. Surely the goal is European football.

We’re very  bi polar on here 

5 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Just watched the first 25 mins. We were playing well against a top side away and then they scored a worldy which anyone would have been hard pressed to prevent. I'm just getting a drink to go back for the next bit. But the first 25 was nowhere near as bad as I heard on here. 

Me too - I reckon we have a chance of getting something…

• Like 1

On 13/08/2022 at 16:45, Babylon said:

Such as? How many drops, fumbles, shots through legs utter clangers. And not totally debatable shots from set pieces etc. He barely made any, in fact off hand I can think of about two in 10 years. 

Sorry to raise this again, but I’ve just remembered (as someone mentioned it in another thread) when he punched the ball into his own net and essentially cost us top 4…